Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea what you mean by "in favor of nfts." They are a token standard, the concept exists, you do not get to be in favor or not with it.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Maybe it's pedantic, but I see where James is coming from. NFT's are amoral. It's just a token representing something unique or unreproducible (in a nutshell). That Bill Gates, the Art World, the CDC, or whoever else is going to use the properties of NFT's for nefarious purposes doesn't inherently make NFT's the devil.

Plus, assuming you wanted to, how would you even get rid of them? Are you going to outlaw the concept of a tokenized section of blockchain attached to a file/piece of data?

We should be looking for workarounds or competing tech, rather than bans IMO. Or we just get rid of the aforementioned nefarious entities... would they really be missed?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We should be looking for workarounds or competing tech, rather than bans IMO.

As the Borg say, resistance is futile. Everyone should be figuring out how to think about these tokens now, because eventually you will be using them and the earlier you understand what they are the better your life will be. This time in the market is particularly great, my recent plays have been paying out beaucoup cash -- I made about $6000 last week between two NFT sales (a Lazy Lion and a Blockchain Biker), and I feel like I'm well positioned to make a lot more this month.

• 2Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have no idea what you mean by "in favor of nfts." They are a token standard, the concept exists, you do not get to be in favor or not with it.

So because something exists you are not allowed to be in favor or not? Guess we should do away with voting for shit!

You try, and try, and try to shed light on your opinion in this thread. But my god... the shit you say is actually retarded.

• 2Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know what you mean by it. It's like saying you're not in favor of the snow. Ok?!?!?

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Ahh yes, all those naturally occurring NFTs. Sorry, my mistake.

But what happens when man plays God and creates GMO NFTs?

• 1Committed

Khane

Can I sell an NFT of my vote to legalize marijuana?

Wait, I can? Fuck it I'm on board

• 1Worf

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually have no idea how they would do voting with the blockchain. NFTs may or may not be involved, it's a ways off still if it's even possible I think. There's lots of privacy concerns in this area that even things like ring signatures won't protect against.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That'll be big I'm sure.

EDIT: This dude's gallery is nuts: HOME | Gal Barkan Art

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

As VR avatars, they are near worthless unless somehow people gatekeep which NFTs are able to be used.

Nobody can use your nft bunny, but someone can create a nearly identical one, or billions of variations of your bunny.

There will be some value in having the original. But when there are infinite copies, and infinite variations... Well, what's the value of things there are near infinite supply of?

Make hay while you can tho.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're definitely still not getting it because there are no copies of an NFT.

• 1Seriously?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
NFTs are talked about in such a wishy washy way. All they are is a verifiably unique entity on a blockchain. As of today that unique entity is generally just a URL pointing to an image file on a server somewhere. NFT tech is only interesting because it allows for digital authentication of something being unique. The JPEGs, avatars, etc are just what that blockchain entity points to.

Those JPEGs are not unique themselves.

NFT tech is basically useless until systems are built that rely on these unique entities to provide some sort of value. I expect the first real world use case will be digital identities. You'll be represented by a NFT and your attributes will be what that NFT points to.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1630506658491.png

• 2Worf

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You need to back it up a little bit. We're at the late 1800s early 1900s Baseball card stage of digital collectibles.

I expect the first real world use case will be digital identities. You'll be represented by a NFT and your attributes will be what that NFT points to.

Not even close, some NFTs may be used as access tokens (e.g. the basketball ticket example), but your digital identity will fall under WC3 DID specification: A Primer for Decentralized Identifiers

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
NFTs are talked about in such a wishy washy way. All they are is a verifiably unique entity on a blockchain. As of today that unique entity is generally just a URL pointing to an image file on a server somewhere. NFT tech is only interesting because it allows for digital authentication of something being unique. The JPEGs, avatars, etc are just what that blockchain entity points to.

Those JPEGs are not unique themselves.

NFT tech is basically useless until systems are built that rely on these unique entities to provide some sort of value. I expect the first real world use case will be digital identities. You'll be represented by a NFT and your attributes will be what that NFT points to.

And you’d still have to litigate copycats in court.

• 1Like