Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Just came to complain about the fucking insane ETH gas prices. Trying to swap some ETH for other crypto on uniswap and it's fucking $200+ to swap like $50 worth of crypto? LMAO what?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just came to complain about the fucking insane ETH gas prices. Trying to swap some ETH for other crypto on uniswap and it's fucking $200+ to swap like $50 worth of crypto? LMAO what?

See a couple pages back when I was trying to do a simple transaction on there and ended up cashing out all of my Uniswap money because I couldn't deal with it anymore. It cost me like $250 in fees just to manage to extricate my money out of that platform.

Considering setting a SHIB sell order at .000077 to take a small profit and go back to USD for now so I can ultimately get back to BTC.

...If I do that there's a 100% chance it'll blow right past my sell order and go to the moon, probably off a RH announcement, and probably while I'm sleeping.

If you don't believe me, it looks like Mana QUINTUPLED to an ATH (3x the previous ATH) right after I sold it a few days ago.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Before you go "u y no hodl", I'm not gonna hodl Mana. It's a swing trade. Same goes for Shiba, which at the end of a day is still a memecoin. I do want to hodl BTC but I'm not gonna buy it at 60k and then watch it sit at 30-40k for months. The main reason I have crypto money to play with at all is because my first crypto trade was buying BTC for 33k and selling it at 62k.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Supposedly ETH2: The Sequel is going to be coming along soon to fix some of that. But yeah, since the NFT craze gas fees are consistently somewhere between Ass and Professional Hijacking. OTH, high gas fees do a bit to tamp down the volatility on a lot of things, so it does have a small upside.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Supposedly ETH2: The Sequel is going to be coming along soon to fix some of that. But yeah, since the NFT craze gas fees are consistently somewhere between Ass and Professional Hijacking. OTH, high gas fees do a bit to tamp down the volatility on a lot of things, so it does have a small upside.
They're already admitting that it will make gas prices "somewhat better". But I'm still betting (i.e. by my $MATIC holdings) that they will still need Layer 2, and more tokens need to post to Polygon to take advantage of it.

High ETH prices are already making most of the NFT game a "rich kids only" club.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm still pretty high on MATIC. Been mining ETH on Ethermine and getting paid in wrapped ETH on the MATIC network. If I want to cash out I pay pennies to swap to USDC or USDT instead of whatever crazy ETH gas prices are at the time.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Before you go "u y no hodl", I'm not gonna hodl Mana. It's a swing trade. Same goes for Shiba, which at the end of a day is still a memecoin. I do want to hodl BTC but I'm not gonna buy it at 60k and then watch it sit at 30-40k for months. The main reason I have crypto money to play with at all is because my first crypto trade was buying BTC for 33k and selling it at 62k.
guess i'll be HODL'in mana and shib now

i actually bought 300$ more in mana by accident last night, i did a 200 order in binance and they said it didnt go through, so i tried 200again and they said it didn't go through then i thought (since this is my first binance purchase) 200 is trippin the system so i'll do 100, and it didn't go through

then it says all your orders went through, jesus binance is scarier to use than coinbase, are these our 2 best trading platforms?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

i actually bought 300$ more in mana by accident last night, i did a 200 order in binance and they said it didnt go through, so i tried 200again and they said it didn't go through then i thought (since this is my first binance purchase) 200 is trippin the system so i'll do 100, and it didn't go through

then it says all your orders went through, jesus binance is scarier to use than coinbase, are these our 2 best trading platforms?

Yep, I've stopped buying crypto for the time being because Binance is so awful (and it's pretty much the best option for US people who don't want to use VPN workaround stuff).

I'll be honest, as shitty as RH is, once they start allowing you to xfer your crypto off their system (which is apparently already in the works) I'll probably use them for crypto purchases since the actual exchange experience is so much better than anything else out there and the buying/selling is "free."

It isn't really "free" of course, it only seems like it is, but even considering that, it will still be cheaper than all other current options.

The only thing I would hesitate to do while using Robinhood is try and swing trade with super volatile meme stocks since Robinhood is awful with that type of thing. But since I don't do that that won't really affect me. All I need to do is be able to buy for extremely cheap and then move my stuff off the exchange in the cold storage.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Looking like this was actually a really good scam. You could buy squid but once you bought it you realized you couldn't sell it. They had some complicated explanation like you had to buy "marbles" with the squid, you couldn't just sell it outright. Either way, the result of everyone being able to buy squid but not sell it resulted in the price skyrocketing, which (of course) increased demand and made more people buy it, who also couldn't sell it.

All this meant not only did the price go way way up, but it went up super quick (important since it was a scam). Then the creators of squid cashed out and probably made millions (if not billions).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
All this meant not only did the price go way way up, but it went up super quick (important since it was a scam). Then the creators of squid cashed out and probably made millions (if not billions).
it jumped from 600 to 1700 in like 5minutes

13d1936125b9564a817a239fb059dedf.png

around 2:45 is when shenannagins start and they cashed out at 5am

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

You bought Mana last night? Mana is 3x the ATH dude.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yep, I've stopped buying crypto for the time being because Binance is so awful (and it's pretty much the best option for US people who don't want to use VPN workaround stuff).

I'll be honest, as shitty as RH is, once they start allowing you to xfer your crypto off their system (which is apparently already in the works) I'll probably use them for crypto purchases since the actual exchange experience is so much better than anything else out there and the buying/selling is "free."

It isn't really "free" of course, it only seems like it is, but even considering that, it will still be cheaper than all other current options.

The only thing I would hesitate to do while using Robinhood is try and swing trade with super volatile meme stocks since Robinhood is awful with that type of thing. But since I don't do that that won't really affect me. All I need to do is be able to buy for extremely cheap and then move my stuff off the exchange in the cold storage.

Yeah, I'm also a big fan of RH's interface, overlooking what they pulled earlier this year and what a faggy elf the CEO is. The interface is slick and better than Coinbase or Binance.