Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Have you watched Ready Player One? The Metaverse is essentially the VERY early alpha version of the virtual world in that movie.
Yes, this. Our lives will soon revolve around this so put in all your money. Real life is for losers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes, this. Our lives will soon revolve around this so put in all your money. Real life is for losers.
lol, exactly.

They're trying to sell the metaverse to normies while all us people who've been living on the internet for the past 20 years are like 'been there, done that, got the achievement points, it sucked.'

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Right now it, for the most part, lacks two central things. Interoperability, and functionality.
  • There are projects and parts of the underlying NFT specifications which will provide interoperability over time. (Imagine having an NFT of a magical talisman, in one game it's +5 str, in another game it's some other attribute/use, etc... The NFT sword you use in one game could.. (to risk Disney suing me) be a key that opens a door in another game)
  • The other is actual functionality, this is also coming. The same way NFT are non-fungible is makes them an excellent platform for the management of legal documentation. Things like car, house, property titles will eventually be NFTs. You will prove your ownership of them by having them in your digital wallet. Or you'll have an NFT which represents your membership in a club/organization and that will be the scanner at the door to check your membership. (Remember in the movie when he bought a virtual haptic VR suit, and then the real world one was delivered to him? that.)
Now, if you can guess which of the countless metaverse projects will become the predominant one, then you had a keen eye. You should invest heavily and it should pay tidy dividends. I am not that gifted. I see a few with some promise, but I also suspect some major magacorp (like FB is already trying to do) will try to establish itself as the main one, and then try to control it to their advantage.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Alright, but like…is it “sink 22k into it for profits” stable? He keeps mentioning sandbox’s and I know what that means in game but what does it mean here? Values seems to be based off which corporations you’re close to? Is he just hopeful a big corp buys near him and he will sell the land? What’s the end game here?
Right now think of it all like a huge game of MTG, or collecting sports cards. You're hoping to get the NFT that later will be super valuable for reasons that aren't even able to be known yet. Essentially degen gambling.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
lol, exactly.

They're trying to sell the metaverse to normies while all us people who've been living on the internet for the past 20 years are like 'been there, done that, got the achievement points, it sucked.'
Star Citizen organized the first sale of NFTs.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Right now think of it all like a huge game of MTG, or collecting sports cards. You're hoping to get the NFT that later will be super valuable for reasons that aren't even able to be known yet. Essentially degen gambling.
It's nothing like MTG because in MTG cards have a specific and unique usefulness within a specific context and they can be objectively evaluated verses other cards.

This is like pogs. They're all basically the same some just look cooler to other people.

I'm very surprised that there hasn't been major standout NFT auto-chess type game where you battle unique tokens against each other, given the level of interest surrounding autobattler games and NFTs.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right now it, for the most part, lacks two central things. Interoperability, and functionality.

This is the long way of saying right now it doesn't exist. It's still very much in the "idea" phase. People are investing money in things that, at best, would be considered wild speculation. You'd have to be pretty fucking insightful to have any idea of what direction things are going to move in at this point. You might as well wear a blindfold and throw a dart at a board and hope you get extremely lucky.

I don't have money to burn, but even if I did, I still wouldn't feel comfortable plunking down anything at this point because things are so up in the air.

But if anyone has insight that I'm missing, please educate me. Because even if the metaverse hasn't happened yet, it almost certainly will. And because it's being built on web3 those who get in early are very likely to profit greatly.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's nothing like MTG because in MTG cards have a specific and unique usefulness within a specific context and they can be objectively evaluated verses other cards.

This is like pogs. They're all basically the same some just look cooler to other people.

I'm very surprised that there hasn't been major standout NFT auto-chess type game where you battle unique tokens against each other, given the level of interest surrounding autobattler games and NFTs.

There are already a ton of pokemon style NFT centric games/platforms just starting up. Where you can get your "pet/character/avatar" as an NFT, then other NFT's attach to add stats/skills/etc... Then battle people or NPCs.

For those who mention Star Citizen, there's one that's about to launch called Farsite you might be interested in.

There are some coming that look like they're going to try to be NFT enabled MMOs (i.e. WoW).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All this metaverse crap sounds to me like "corporations have full control over the future and need this to keep everyone occupied while they do that"

Essentially Idiocracy, except the Baitin' Network is replaced with VR headsets. Voting is done via buttons on your fridge that don't actually do anything because the winner is pre-determined, and it's whichever candidate has done more to appease the corporations running everything, but we don't know that because we're in VR headsets and the only news we get is from the select few government-corpo approved sources.

TBH, fuck that noise.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
metaverse is meaningless - they just renamed the internet

similar to how programs don't exist anymore, only apps

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I decided that I'd probably recoup my losses faster if I moved from SHIB back to MATIC. Never should have left MATIC in the first place. However now MATIC is up around 2.80, thought it was still in the 2.00 area. So I don't know if a purchase even makes sense. I think it'll reach 10 within the next year or two, so 2.80 is still a deal long-term, but if I'm gonna switch my SHIB money over at a loss, it doesn't make a lot of sense when short-term MATIC could easily dip from the 2.80 it's at now and lose even more. So no matter what I do, I feel like it's wrong. Though MATIC does seem to have built a nice support base and is more likely to go up than down again.

TBH to prevent myself from developing arterial blockage from stress, I think I might just pick one thing (either BTC, ETH, or MATIC), put whatever money I have left on it, and DCA in $100-500 a month, whatever I've got laying around, regardless of current price. Won't get rich but at least I'd see steadier progress.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact Bitcoin keeps failing to hold the $50k level can't be very confidence inspiring. The more failures of this level is just going to cause further downward pressure.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not saying you don't get good swings on ETHE, especially in situations like you mention. But I've got ETH and ETHE next to each other on my watch list and ETH swings more, percentage wise.

For example, ETH often bottoms out (or sometimes tops out) in the middle of the night in the US, thanks to the Asian market. But by the time US markets open it's already moved several percentage points back towards the middle. Because of this ETHE never dips quite as low or rises quite as high as ETH.
See, today is one of the kinds of days I was talking about.

ETH has dropped 7.7% in the past 24 hours, but ETHE is down 10%, which generally represents a buying opportunity.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Jack Mallers (CEO of Strike) gave a presentation to the IMF regarding Bitcoin being used for cross border payments. This is focused on Bitcoin the NETWORK without any regard for Bitcoin the ASSET. Price volatility doesn't matter in this context. This is how Bitcoin takes over the world, by cutting out rent seeking.

Also... its funny listening to a 27 year old bro talking to the IMF. Makes a great analogy to Bitcoin using tortilla chips, peanuts, and raisins... from a women's shoe closet.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
See, today is one of the kinds of days I was talking about.

ETH has dropped 7.7% in the past 24 hours, but ETHE is down 10%, which generally represents a buying opportunity.

Yeah, I got what you were saying and I didn't disagree. Seems like a nice little loophole (in a sense) that you've found. I've been swinging ETH myself on RH (free trades) and I'm liking how it's been working so far.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So a generally down day for the markets.... unhappy times.

Then I look at the $QUICK chart. This is the token for QuickSwap, and part of a couple of the LP pairs I have on there....
1640724421804.png

Still looking for any tangible news/announcement/event that would justify this. heh

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Thought I would share the below link. They stealth launched last night going full launch on the 1st. I have worked with one of the guys on the team and don't believe this is a rug pull. They will have their certik certification completed before full launch and will be doxing themselves. As always do your own research.

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So I don't know if this is for sure (I don't read Chinese) but allegedly China will not be allowing its people access to crypto exchanges after the New Year (capital controls). As such there has been a large end of year sell off as their population is getting out in preparation for this. We may see a momentum shift in the near future as this source of selling dries up. DYOR

My interpretation of this chart is that red/green lines are sell/buy volume.

1640788579755.png

Beijing said this year that overseas platforms serving mainland users are illegal, which came after a widespread bitcoin mining crackdown

• 2Like