Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
metaverse is from snowcrash, how have you guys not read that?
Everyone's read Snow Crash, we know where it's from.

How does knowing it's from Snow Crash help? How does knowing that affect how we might interact with or counteract this apparently insidious new tech? Are you Hiro?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The metaverse, exactly as described in Snow Crash, already exists; it's called Second Life, and only perverts hang out there.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It's been so long that I forget.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
metaverse is from snowcrash, how have you guys not read that?

It's funny, just today I was telling someone about how my #1 peeve these days is people who say "how have you not seen/read [whatever]" every time there's something I haven't seen/read.

I'm sure I've seen stuff they haven't, and it gets really annoying really fast how often people say that all the time these days. Sometimes multiple times in the same conversation.

It's like some kind of nerd-negging.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
The metaverse, exactly as described in Snow Crash, already exists; it's called Second Life, and only perverts hang out there.

or VR chat, which is kind of the same. Man the VR stuff never took off did it, maybe people prefer a limit to their immersion

Caliane

headsets and shit are just too cumbersome. no one likes helmets and holding your arms up while playing games is tiring. Vr just needs to be much more comfortable for it to take off.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
headsets and shit are just too cumbersome. no one likes helmets and holding your arms up while playing games is tiring. Vr just needs to be much more comfortable for it to take off.
This.

Every time some idiot producer makes a movie where the characters use an "advanced" computer interface that involves them physically swinging their arms around, I'm sitting there thinking goddam do you have any idea how tiring that would get?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This.

Every time some idiot producer makes a movie where the characters use an "advanced" computer interface that involves them physically swinging their arms around, I'm sitting there thinking goddam do you have any idea how tiring that would get?
yea, i recently saw this game imported in vegas and played for 1hr and it kicked my ass more than anything beat saber has ever done.

i kinda played it in japan, but i had like payed for unlimited play in vegas

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea, i recently saw this game imported in vegas and played for 1hr and it kicked my ass more than anything beat saber has ever done.

i kinda played it in japan, but i had like payed for unlimited play in vegas
96% accuracy at the end of vid.

That's like an Asian F, right?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
96% accuracy at the end of vid.

That's like an Asian F, right?
tbh, those onscreen arrows are amazingly hard to do (along with all the othershit flying at your face) and i'm sure the touch sensitive screen is just beat to shit.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
BTC and ETH both heading down today, seemingly mirroring the stock market's move. Odd that they both seem to be mirroring the markets rather than being more resistant to their moves...

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
BTC and ETH both heading down today, seemingly mirroring the stock market's move. Odd that they both seem to be mirroring the markets rather than being more resistant to their moves...

Crypto has always followed the market, it's just more volatile, and it's traded 24/7 so you don't always know the exact relationship. But during trading hours, more often than not, Crypto goes up if markets are up, and vice versa.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Crypto has always followed the market, it's just more volatile, and it's traded 24/7 so you don't always know the exact relationship. But during trading hours, more often than not, Crypto goes up if markets are up, and vice versa.

1641417394851.png

I too was a bit surprised when I opened up Coinbase App a few minutes ago. I actually just made another investment in Crypto right at the end of the year, that was larger than all my past purchases combined. So when I opened the app I was like damn, then I remembered I have never sold any Crypto I just buy and sit. I try to think of my Crypto as my 401K Jr. Prior to 2021 I had not looked at my Crypto accounts for a few years.

Question: Aside from my infrequent larger purchases, I have been doing a small weekly buy for both BT and ETH. Should I stop doing this and just pay more attention to the dip and purchase slightly more of each once monthly during a dip? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not loving my experiment, since oct I'm 30% down from where i started with btc, eth, doge, shib. Only a grand at least.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers