Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Not loving my experiment, since oct I'm 30% down from where i started with btc, eth, doge, shib. Only a grand at least.
You bought at the then all time high, with a roughly +50% gain YTD in Oct 2020 when you purchased. (for btc)

I think the only mistake people have made with crypto is selling it or having the wrong time horizon/expectations. (not talking about the shitcoins)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Not loving my experiment, since oct I'm 30% down from where i started with btc, eth, doge, shib. Only a grand at least.

Buy when there's blood in the streets. Even if it's your own.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Buy when there's blood in the streets. Even if it's your own.
I have thought of more eth though some fears on this thread seem valid that it could be supplanted by others for long term gains and might be close to done. The shit coins I have a much smaller value in as a throw away hail mary they spike some day.

The big 2 I'm fine sitting holding. At 20% down I didn't blink. It's just getting painful to look at even trying to remember this is a like 5 year plus speculation for fun. More concerned with trying to get closer to maxing 401

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I don't think anything is supplanting ETH anytime soon. There's just too much built up on top of it right now, though that may be different in 6 months time.

BTC? Eh, I dunno. If it was really the store of value that the maximalists claim, it wouldn't be moving so lockstep with the markets IMO. IE: it would be a safe haven for people to park their selloff money, and that doesn't appear to be the case.

As for where we're going, hard to say. I can see us getting to $3200 ETH in a few days, and it wasn't so long ago we were happy to be around 3K. If it is trailing the markets, I think the markets have a few more red days before they bounce, assuming this is just another dip.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anything is supplanting ETH anytime soon. There's just too much built up on top of it right now, though that may be different in 6 months time.

BTC? Eh, I dunno. If it was really the store of value that the maximalists claim, it wouldn't be moving so lockstep with the markets IMO. IE: it would be a safe haven for people to park their selloff money, and that doesn't appear to be the case.

As for where we're going, hard to say. I can see us getting to $3200 ETH in a few days, and it wasn't so long ago we were happy to be around 3K. If it is trailing the markets, I think the markets have a few more red days before they bounce, assuming this is just another dip.
Mr. Wonderful agrees with you on ETH

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
He owns Hedera, Polygon, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Serum

NFTs seem to have utility. the current environment of "if it's an NFT it's worth money" is.........terrible

I look at crypto as an investment in the "future" for me and its fun tinkering around and maybe i'll pick some of the right legit coins and have a solid investment. at worst it's money/a fund to give to my kids in 20 years and a story

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Welp i'm out. Theres more to fall and i've lost enough today.

Dumbest thing you can do is sell at a loss if you are talking ETH/BTC/Matic. If you are talking shit coins you might as well sell

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
today people only care about getting into whitelists for upcoming shitcoins, set up bots to buy as much as possible before the whitelist hits the hardcap, then sell shortly after launch. the shorters of the crypto world

Kais

<Gold Donor>
No I didn't see a loss but my second buy in brought my dollar cost average up and the dip over the past few days offset a large chunk of my gains in the earlier part the year. No loss but not happy. I'll buy back in when things look a little better.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I was told BTC was going to be >$100k by the end of last year.

Any forum *aire's wanna help me realize that dream and trade me $300k in bullion for 3 BTC?

1641475411676.png

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I don't like ETH longterm, but I don't think its dead yet. Although its certainly floundering from a fundamental perspective. BTC (and crypto market generally) is going to move with markets because participants also have money in traditional markets. Many of them will sell one to cover calls on the other etc, they are related. In a short timeframe they'll obviously be correlated. Zoom out and you'll see that store of value accumulating as capital flees to the hardest money available.

thats about 230GB per day.

dEcEnTrAlIzEd!

For reference entire BTC blockchain is currently 436.2 GB. Bitcoin is 13 years old, ETH is 5 years old.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well I had an order for ETH set at $3,333 for over a month that just filled. Still waiting on BTC at $42k though.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I had an order for ETH set at $3,333 for over a month that just filled. Still waiting on BTC at $42k though.

Grats, you *may* have caught the absolute bottom of this current dip.

• 1Worf

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I really thought this was a joke. It can't be real.

Damn man this shit is such a joke. What a bunch of retards.

ETH is just a bunch of networks of worthless shit at best and predatory scams at the worst. I mean the transactions per second blow and everything is so expensive with gas.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I really thought this was a joke. It can't be real.

Did they buy that island where all the people went for the concert that didn't happen everyone and ended up shitting on the beach and having to drink tepid rain water?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users