Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This is actually pretty much exactly what I was seeing. Re: Quasimodo- I'm not sure a pattern has to be completely perfect to fit the paradigm.
This is why I had my ETH buy at 2100. It wasn't set to catch the absolute bottom, but close.

1641923214780.png

ETH and BTC looking the same.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Alternatively, the last time we saw ETH break the 200 DMA it nearly tripled in value.

1641923617778.png

• 1Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think we've turned the corner for the moment on ETH. It bounced off the ~3K level for the most part, and most of the moving averages are pointing towards buy. The stock market is also (temporarily) pointing this direction, and we've seen correlation between ETH/BTC and the stock market lately. Whether this means we're on a rocket ship or just heading to first resistance levels, I have no idea. I'd guess with the recent weakness of crypto, we'll head towards resistance levels and bounce around off of them a bit, but we'll see. Resistance level seems to be about 3600, so look for a bounce there in the next few days if we keep climbing.

• 2Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Liking the look of Ethereum and its resilience. Got it at about 3150 yesterday after it bounced and I'm already up several hundred dollars. It feels nice to see some green after months of SHIB bleeding me dry. I don't expect it to surge yet but I'm glad it isn't continuing to drop.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Liking the look of Ethereum and its resilience. Got it at about 3150 yesterday after it bounced and I'm already up several hundred dollars. It feels nice to see some green after months of SHIB bleeding me dry. I don't expect it to surge yet but I'm glad it isn't continuing to drop.
giphy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

looks like 2700 eth is still on the menu boys!

• 4Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have 4 1070's I'm sitting on and not mining with for god knows why. Anyone know a good resource for building a mining rig?

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I have 4 1070's I'm sitting on and not mining with for god knows why. Anyone know a good resource for building a mining rig?
or

I have a 2x 3090s , 2 3060tis and a 1080 just sitting for me to build my rig. Working my ass off the past 5 months while this shit just sits here pisses me off. Watching a 2-year-old the moment I get off work and being too tired to do anything after he goes to sleep is exhausting and the last thing I want to do is build the rig. It's going to be happening this week though since I get bat sniffle vacation time for the next 2 weeks.

I have an extra motherboard if you want it. I won 2 new egg shuffles that included the motherboard. PM me an offer and I can send it out this week if you want. Low ball me it's fine otherwise it just sits here while the wife asks me wtf am I doing with all this stuff.

I got this card with the motherboard. When it arrived I thought someone was trolling me with how big this thing is. It's bigger than my 4 year old cat. My wife asked me if it was a new desk top. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
or

I have a 2x 3090s , 2 3060tis and a 1080 just sitting for me to build my rig. Working my ass off the past 5 months while this shit just sits here pisses me off. Watching a 2-year-old the moment I get off work and being too tired to do anything after he goes to sleep is exhausting and the last thing I want to do is build the rig. It's going to be happening this week though since I get bat sniffle vacation time for the next 2 weeks.

I have an extra motherboard if you want it. I won 2 new egg shuffles that included the motherboard. PM me an offer and I can send it out this week if you want. Low ball me it's fine otherwise it just sits here while the wife asks me wtf am I doing with all this stuff.

I got this card with the motherboard. When it arrived I thought someone was trolling me with how big this thing is. It's bigger than my 4 year old cat. My wife asked me if it was a new desk top. lol

I have this x2 just sitting around:

Capture.PNG

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Got ya. I was wondering why does he have tower cases then it hit me that those cards are 1/4th the size. I had an open-air rack I will be using. I would say the 2 TB hard drives are over kill since the 2 SSDs would be just fine with it and not have any issues at all.
You will come to find out your biggest enemy is Windows. I feel like once a week they fucking update no matter what I do and I have to dick around with my 2 other miners I have already running and get them back up. I say this as my ma 3090 just powered down.

Bill Gates Oops GIF by CBS News

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Got ya. I was wondering why does he have tower cases then it hit me that those cards are 1/4th the size. I had an open-air rack I will be using. I would say the 2 TB hard drives are over kill since the 2 SSDs would be just fine with it and not have any issues at all.
You will come to find out your biggest enemy is Windows. I feel like once a week they fucking update no matter what I do and I have to dick around with my 2 other miners I have already running and get them back up. I say this as my ma 3090 just powered down.

Bill Gates Oops GIF by CBS News

It's just parts I have from two Origin pc's I bought like 5 years ago. I'm trying to see what I can scrounge up without having to buy anything big.

And can't you just turn off automatic updates?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've tried disabling automatic updates for our Windows 10 and 11 testing environments. I don't necessarily have a problem with the updates themselves, but having an environment that changes itself is antithetical to a stable testing regime.

More often than not, those fucking things find a way to turn themselves back on.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm on Win 10 LTSC which is supposedly the most stable and stripped down version and even that will force reboot itself every 30 days or so, despite my best efforts to stop it from doing so using every tweak I could find on the internet. People used to laugh at Win98 for crashing after 45 days because of a bug, apparently Microsoft now considers this a feature.

I have another two PCs still on Windows 7 and those will do 24/7/365 operations just fine so I did my mining on those.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I forgot exact process but if you set your internet connection to metered, was a key part of defeating the updates.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Video games.

Oh, for mining? Not sure really, haven't considered mining, so I haven't pondered that question.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I googled for a way to disable automatic updates and found some obscure way to do it (registry edit or policy rule or whatever, I forget), and it worked but now Windows pops up a 'updates available' box in the bottom right corner several times a day that doesn't go away without clicking the corner X.

Automatic reboots without an easy way to toggle off is the dumbest shit in the world. I've had my machines running 24/7 since I ran a BBS in the mid 90s. I have so many applications running at any given time (developer tools, VMs, torrents etc) that it takes half an hour to set everything back up again after reboots. Computer waste heat is as efficient as a space heater, so it's not like it's a waste of electricity. I'm amazed at the lack of outrage over MS's idiocy on this.