Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
If Ethereum were decentralized, then Vitalik's weirdness would be entirely irrelevant. If Ethereum is not decentralized, then it's just an enormously inefficient turing machine and database.

Satoshi staying anonymous and leaving the project early were the smartest things he did

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Satoshi staying anonymous and leaving the project early were the smartest things he did

We don't know who Satoshi was or where the entity named Satoshi went. We have no idea what projects he/they are involved with. Satoshi's wallet is still out there with a ton of bitcoins in it. Ethereum has its issues, but BTC has plenty of its own questions and concerns.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Sufficiently autistic people will frequently come to sufficiently autistic conclusions.

Motherhood is binary, duh!

What could women possibly gain from being physically connected to their children as they grow? What could children possibly gain from the same?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Motherhood is binary, duh!

What could women possibly gain from being physically connected to their children as they grow? What could children possibly gain from the same?
I was thinking more along the lines of "why make more people if they're just going to grow up to think NFTs are non-fungible stores of value like land?"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Sometimes you just need to know who supports an idea to know its not in your best interest

1642707950243.png

1642708039343.png
1642708055046.png

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Bitcoin is a net positive for the environment. People will figure this out eventually

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Bitcoin is quite possibly one of the biggest waste of resources in the history of humanity. Enormous amounts of computing power, enormous amounts of energy devoted to making zeros in a spreadsheet.
Now do all other financial institutions

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Now do all other financial institutions
Generally most other top financial institutions try to optimize their datacenters to be as fast and energy efficient as is possible (this is one of the markets AMD's EPYC was specifically targeting) meanwhile Bitcoin is literally the opposite.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well boys, my 3k ETH buy just triggered. Wish me luck. Let's hope this is still the bottom rather than the new top.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Low voltage, but wont net more has per watt is my guess.

Bad article, has literally nothing in it.

Its likely some old architecture, or scale, slightly redesigned for "efficiency" branding.

I'm not aware of anything that is going to make mining BTC more efficient. Save for fucking $1000 quantum computers.

Because that defeats the point.

Its designed to require work, not be efficient.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Bad article, has literally nothing in it.
They've released no details yet. Tom's hardware figured it out from the name of a panel at a conference and a comment made by Intel's lead architect. As I understand it the ASIC being developed is confirmed... and thats about it.

Here is a clip from that interview. About all the details there are atm. He specifically says its not GPU, so thats gunna be an ASIC

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It'll be interesting to see if it makes material gains in efficiency.

Esp considering the gains that are about to come to CPU / GPUs.

• 1Solidarity