Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

1642033781594.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any guesses on crypto market activity if Russia crosses the Ukrainian border over the next weeks?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Biggest effect might be if there was a significant number of farmers there and it dropped BTC hash rate. I had heard that some of the Chinese miners headed that way when the CCP shut down most of the big mining in China.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Apparently Kazakhstan makes up a really big portion of the Bitcoin hash rate and the government troubles there interrupted things and dropped the hashrate. Not sure how much mining goes on in ukraine, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a decent amount.

So, that's probably killing hash rates too since they're going through civil war rn.

How does hash rate impact prices?

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, that's probably killing hash rates too since they're going through civil war rn.

How does hash rate impact prices?

Honestly not sure. When the hashrate has dropped significantly before it had a big negative impact on price, but it's hard to tell how much of the impact was due to the hashrate reduction or the bad news surrounding it. China banning BTC mining is the example that comes to mind.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This thread has reminded me how much I'd like to get a mining rig set up, especially right now when I have free electricity at one place. I looked into this about a year ago, but obtaining all of the parts was a bitch and a half. Not keen on hitting Ebay to pay double to scalpers for anything.

That rig above that produces "$500 a month"...what's the rough cost of that thing? I'm eyeballing it at around $3000?

Also, I'm surprised Ethereum hasn't crashed since I got it. The Eth 2.0 rollout will probably be a disaster and be followed by Eth being supplanted by MATIC and Shiba Inu, just to make sure I jump off a building.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf

Rais

Trakanon Raider
500 a month for 3k there is no way. I have been using 2 computers I got for 2500 each. One had a 3090 and the other as a 3080. It was cheaper than buying marked-up cards and I've made over 1.3 ETH in a span of 8 months. The best way to really do this is to mine as much as you can and then sell the cards before the prices drop too much. NVIDA is coming out with new cards that are priced 3200-4,500.This will only drive up the demand of the cards now that are already being sold 2x more than msrp to at least 3x as much.

I started to buy my minging rig stuff a few months ago. I have 2 3090s, 2 3060tis, 1080, open-air rack, case fans, mining motherboard, hard drive, ram, and a cpu just sitting here. Finally came to the conclusion last night with the wife that my apartment won't handle the noise along with a 2-year-old wanting to wreck everything. The joy of living in an apartment in Los Angeles for the price of a mansion in another state. Fucking makes me sick. So now I need to figure out how to sell all this stuff.

I think Eth will be back up to 4500 and at some point be worth 10k. If ETH is at 4500 You would be making 1,285 (.29 ETH)per month with (3) 3090s, (1) 3080, (2) 3060 TIs, (1) 1080. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if it's worth 10 dollars now and 10,000 in 2 years. If you make the 3.5 ETH from this setup in 12 months and sit on it, it'll be worth more than the rig and plus you can sell the rig. Or you can just mine the other coins out there and still sell the cards for a profit.

Use this.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I couldn't ever get the mining to produce decent results.

Have a buddy that said he would help set it up, but I never took the time

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yet another example of a discussion worthy of nuanced debate boiled down to uselessness because or Twitter's overly restrictive format.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If that autist is dumb enough to think that's even remotely viable...

It belies some lack of understanding or him attributing infinite malleability to humans.

One is raw ignorance, coupled with lack of self awareness...

The other is patently communist.

So I'm prolly going to be eager to dump on the next big run up

Will have to ponder keeping that full stake, which was my plan

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Yet another example of a discussion worthy of nuanced debate boiled down to uselessness because or Twitter's overly restrictive format.
Yeah man, we need a nuanced discussion about a clearly dystopian technology to solve a problem which only exist in the minds of the dumbest, wokest retards on this planet.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah man, we need a nuanced discussion about a clearly dystopian technology to solve a problem which only exist in the minds of the dumbest, wokest retards on this planet.
I guess I got a little ahead of myself. Synthetic wombs, as a concept, definitely have their use. Like other exceedingly expensive medical procedures, that use is likely niche.

The discussion I meant was impact of being the primary caregiver, regardless of sex, has an impact on your career. This is not a new idea and anyone with two brain cells should realize it. If and how you, as a society, would want to compensate for that impact is what the debate should be. Synthetic wombs are a terrible compensation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
This is not a new idea and anyone with two brain cells should realize it. If and how you, as a society, would want to compensate for that impact is what the debate should be.
Lets use comedy;

Your compensation, assuming you are a somewhat decent parent is a child who loves you and is there for you when youre an old feeble person that inevitably has trouble navigating the strange future world.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Lets use comedy;

Your compensation, assuming you are a somewhat decent parent is a child who loves you and is there for you when youre an old feeble person that inevitably has trouble navigating the strange future world.
Right, that's a fair point. That you won't see get made on Twitter. As rehashed and old as this topic sounds, the current generation obviously needs reminding of it.

Sorry for the off topic.