Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I only find this whole storyline mildly interesting, but that video is great. Here's her video where she explains to everybody how she got rich "without any outside funding"

Shes not pretty(at least in that video, she looks like a retarded clown with that lipstick) and she sounds horrible. Who the hell is watching her videos?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shes not pretty(at least in that video, she looks like a retarded clown with that lipstick) and she sounds horrible. Who the hell is watching her videos?
No one, they are just self ego strokings while she lives off her ill gotten gains.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No one, they are just self ego strokings while she lives off her ill gotten gains.
At some point you'll have a galaxy brain moment and realize the entire crypto space is just turtles all the way down, and by turtles I mean grifter retards like this.

But this is still funny as fuuuuuuuuck.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Smells bullish.

If I'm reading it right, Apple "enables" crypto payments by integrating with the coinbase and crypto.com debit cards, which allow you to use crypto directly to pay for things.

So basically, instead of going to a store and using your coinbase debit card to pay for something with crypto (which you can already do), you are using Apple as an intermediary to use your coinbase debit card to pay for something with crypto.

I guess it's cool that Apple didn't specifically exclude the coinbase and crypto.com debit cards from all the other debit cards and credit cards they are accepting, but I'm not sure as a huge step towards adoption. I could be reading it wrong though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If I'm reading it right, Apple "enables" crypto payments by integrating with the coinbase and crypto.com debit cards, which allow you to use crypto directly to pay for things.

So basically, instead of going to a store and using your coinbase debit card to pay for something with crypto (which you can already do), you are using Apple as an intermediary to use your coinbase debit card to pay for something with crypto.

I guess it's cool that Apple didn't specifically exclude the coinbase and crypto.com debit cards from all the other debit cards and credit cards they are accepting, but I'm not sure as a huge step towards adoption. I could be reading it wrong though.
But isn't this really just a debit card transaction that's in a debit card account where the funds are just backed by crypto? It's not an actual crypto transaction until the bank clears the crypto on the backend, probably in some kind of overnight settlement.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
But isn't this really just a debit card transaction that's in a debit card account where the funds are just backed by crypto? It's not an actual crypto transaction until the bank clears the crypto on the backend, probably in some kind of overnight settlement.

Yeah:

“Coinbase will automatically convert all cryptocurrency to US Dollars and transfer the funds to your Coinbase Card (less conversion fees) for use in purchases and ATM withdrawals.”

One, Apple "enabling" crypto transactions seems more incidental than intentional. And two, no actual crypto currency is being spent directly.

Edit: I'm sure you guys have seen enough of my posts to know that I definitely think Mass adoption will happen. One day we will definitely get that news article indicating that Apple has jumped in to the space with both feet. I just don't think this is it

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah:

“Coinbase will automatically convert all cryptocurrency to US Dollars and transfer the funds to your Coinbase Card (less conversion fees) for use in purchases and ATM withdrawals.”

One, Apple "enabling" crypto transactions seems more incidental than intentional. And two, no actual crypto currency is being spent directly.

Edit: I'm sure you guys have seen enough of my posts to know that I definitely think Mass adoption will happen. One day we will definitely get that news article indicating that Apple has jumped in to the space with both feet. I just don't think this is it
But this isn't really adoption of crypto, it's just regular banking except that your bank balance randomly goes up and down.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
But this isn't really adoption of crypto, it's just regular banking except that your bank balance randomly goes up and down.

Yes I know lol, we aren't arguing. Maybe I'm wrong, but for all we know Apple isn't even aware that they are "enabling" crypto payments by taking the Coinbase card along with all the other credit and debit cards they are taking.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This is where you're wrong....

Imagine it like network connectivity. Money is, after all, essentially a network for the movement of value (instead of data). In the present system essentially governmental fiat currencies are the network across the board. (Like running good ol CAT6 ethernet everywhere, it's all 10baseT or whatever). Right now, you get paid in USD, you store USD in the back, you spend USD on purchases.

Now you have people being paid in USD, that USD goes into Crypto in one form or another, then when they spend it goes from Crypto back to USD. That's like having 10baseT from your server to a switch, then 40G fiber from switch to internet, multi Gig fiber backbones across the internet, then 10baseT to your computer at your desk. A better and more fluid network in the middle, but old fashioned connectivity on the ends (i.e. the "last mile" as some would say).

Eventually, you upgrade those servers to fiber cards.... Then someday you maybe even have fiber to your desktop.

If you look at moving away from governmentally controlled fiat as a positive, then this is an important first step in that direction. Yes, if you're storing everything in BTC or ETH your balance could go up or down RELATIVE TO USD. But even if you want stability versus USD you could store in stablecoins.

You won't see people making purchases natively in cryptocurrencies until the VERY END of this transition. And even then I bet it won't look like the crypto we're trading today. It will be that you buy things in $AMAZON and $WALMART currencies. Which are crypto/digital currency platforms owned by megacorps. So that they can standardize prices without reliance on a government manipulated currency like USD.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
You won't see people making purchases natively in cryptocurrencies until the VERY END of this transition. And even then I bet it won't look like the crypto we're trading today. It will be that you buy things in $AMAZON and $WALMART currencies. Which are crypto/digital currency platforms owned by megacorps. So that they can standardize prices without reliance on a government manipulated currency like USD.
Snow Crash was right again?!??

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is where you're wrong....

Imagine it like network connectivity. Money is, after all, essentially a network for the movement of value (instead of data). In the present system essentially governmental fiat currencies are the network across the board. (Like running good ol CAT6 ethernet everywhere, it's all 10baseT or whatever). Right now, you get paid in USD, you store USD in the back, you spend USD on purchases.

Now you have people being paid in USD, that USD goes into Crypto in one form or another, then when they spend it goes from Crypto back to USD. That's like having 10baseT from your server to a switch, then 40G fiber from switch to internet, multi Gig fiber backbones across the internet, then 10baseT to your computer at your desk. A better and more fluid network in the middle, but old fashioned connectivity on the ends (i.e. the "last mile" as some would say).

Eventually, you upgrade those servers to fiber cards.... Then someday you maybe even have fiber to your desktop.

If you look at moving away from governmentally controlled fiat as a positive, then this is an important first step in that direction. Yes, if you're storing everything in BTC or ETH your balance could go up or down RELATIVE TO USD. But even if you want stability versus USD you could store in stablecoins.

zzz crypto still goes down when inflation goes up so your argument is invalid.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
zzz crypto still goes down when inflation goes up so your argument is invalid.
Another swing.. another miss...

Crypto goes down in it's value RELATIVE TO USD when inflation affects USD. You can watch other trading pairs that aren't USD based like BTC:ETH, in which they don't drop relative to US Inflation. That will be the case until the eventuality that we move off USD as the base/reserve currency. This is the first step towards that. Like soon when Russia and China will enable oil/gas purchases between them settled in crypto rather than USD without a USD value in the equation. And the eventuality that some day people might be paid their salaries in ETH, BTC, Monero, Whatever and then spend it in $WalMart or $AMAZON without a USD valuation ever being in the equation.

It is a very different concept, mostly because people have become so ingrained with the idea that money is what's valuable. In reality, money is just the easy way to carry around the value you produce into society (usually work, or selling goods, or whatever). The first step to breaking this concept in your mind is to think about how much you make per hour working, then when you see a price instead of looking at it in USD , translate it in your head into how many hours of work that is. That's when you start to realize what inflation really is, literally devaluing your life.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users