Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I said "over the last week", not since May 12. When I posted that, BTC was up about 4% over the previous 5 days and QQQ was down 1%.

I'm not trying to get pedantic, I just think they're still pretty connected.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Don't disagree, actually. I was careful not to go as far as saying crypto finally broke away, but I think it has shown a bit more resilience and a bit less volatility than it has in the past, that's all. What you draw from that is up to you, but I see it as a positive sign.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Definitely... they haven't bifurcated yet. And I still think the market in general (stonks and crypto) have another probable leg down before finding a real bottom. Right now accumulating cash in reserve for when I want to get back in. (And avoiding looking at my long term holds in crypto until such a time. heh)

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If true, US administration once again choosing the losing side. Good news for ETH bagholders if they -actually- transition to Proof-of-Stake this time though.

This will only end with poorer Americans and Bitcoin will only end up stronger for surviving yet another sovereign attack

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wow, the market is absolutely atrocious. Looks like my 0.61 MATIC buy triggered somewhere.

Think I'm gonna dump an entire paycheck into either BTC or MATIC or both this week.

The rebound is gonna be biiiiig. That or the whole thing is goin' tits up, who knows!

1654582018077.png

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Pretty wild if true:

TLDR - Guy claims to have ~140GB of telegram messages related to 'crypto' influencers. He is dying and feels guilty about what he participated in (pump n dumps). Messages apparently include assassinations to steal crypto (3!), AMMs and other project designed to siphon funds from users, orgies, pedophilia, rape, adultery and tons of scamming. Worth keeping an eye on... if its real look out below on at least some % of the projects outed. About to find out how disgusting this space is. There are no heroes

Includes PGP signatures for the files. First set drops June 15th... all of it released by July 7th

"Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private rooms shall be proclaimed on the housetops." - Luke 12:2-3

EDIT: full text: TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Pretty wild if true:

TLDR - Guy claims to have ~140GB of telegram messages related to 'crypto' influencers. He is dying and feels guilty about what he participated in (pump n dumps). Messages apparently include assassinations to steal crypto (3!), AMMs and other project designed to siphon funds from users, orgies, pedophilia, rape, adultery and tons of scamming. Worth keeping an eye on... if its real look out below on at least some % of the projects outed. About to find out how disgusting this space is. There are no heroes

Includes PGP signatures for the files. First set drops June 15th... all of it released by July 7th

"Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private rooms shall be proclaimed on the housetops." - Luke 12:2-3

EDIT: full text: TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

Sounds like the crypto space might be just as infested with POSes as the politics and hollywood spaces. And organized religion. So basically everything with powerful/influential people involved

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So basically everything with powerful/influential people involved
No fucking shit. Power corrupts, and no human gives it up willingly once they have it. Either they use that power to do evil, or they believe they're using their power to do good and must fight off all the evildoers trying to take their power away from them. Very few people seek to acquire power to truly do good things with it, and those few that do are frequently the most dangerous of them all.

the lord of the rings GIF

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No fucking shit. Power corrupts, and no human gives it up willingly once they have it. Either they use that power to do evil, or they believe they're using their power to do good and must fight off all the evildoers trying to take their power away from them. Very few people seek to acquire power to truly do good things with it, and those few that do are frequently the most dangerous of them all.

"No fucking shit" is basically what I was saying there. Any space occupied by the powerful and consequence-bereft is gonna end up having all their corruption and weird predilections infecting it before long.

Anyone having absolute power (getting rid of a fillibuster, then a constitution, for example) is going to be corrupt before long. Regardless of party. And the worst case scenario is if the people doing it believe that they're the righteous ones and are doing it FOR the people, because then they can do all those bad things without having conscience get in the way because, after all, they're the good guys.

Similar principle a few years ago when I was informed that "it's okay to punch nazis". I asked "who decides what qualifies as a nazi?" because I was well aware that with the massive overuse of the term, it'd apply to a ton of people who are not that. It was an attempted normalization of violence against what are ostensibly "regular people who won't get with the program". And would probably even apply to me eventually if the window of "acceptability" continued to shift.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Any speculation on what effect this is going to have on the market itself?

I'm leaning "none" because it seems more about incriminating individuals. However, there are rugpull schemes involved. If a popular crypto gets named as a rugpull setup, I do think it'll sustain a drop.

Speaking of drops...Vechain was 3 cents this week. I remember when it was between 13 and 18 cents (with a high of 23 or 24) and a lot of us here were pretty high on it. Arden Arden hopefully you got out a while ago.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Any speculation on what effect this is going to have on the market itself?

I'm leaning "none" because it seems more about incriminating individuals. However, there are rugpull schemes involved. If a popular crypto gets named as a rugpull setup, I do think it'll sustain a drop.

Speaking of drops...Vechain was 3 cents this week. I remember when it was between 13 and 18 cents (with a high of 23 or 24) and a lot of us here were pretty high on it. Arden Arden hopefully you got out a while ago.

Haven't sold any crypto in more than a year. Don't intend to anytime soon, either.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Haven't sold any crypto in more than a year. Don't intend to anytime soon, either.
I haven’t bought or sold any crypto since May of last year. Still have 80,000 TrueBit, a few tens of thousands of MATIC, and 8-10 Ethereum or something like that. I don’t even remember anymore.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users