Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's a thing that is selling below what it costs to make it and there aren't enough people that want to buy it for less than it's intrinsic cost. Which means the intrinsic cost is what? Sounds like 0 to me.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's a thing that is selling below what it costs to make it and there aren't enough people that want to buy it for less than it's intrinsic cost. Which means the intrinsic cost is what? Sounds like 0 to me.
I wonder how many BTC MSTR has had to sell.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Cost to 'mine' is not a constant, it varies with difficulty adjustments and power costs. In this environment selling is largely coming from those needing to make margin calls I suspect. Miners may be capitulating if they're not making a profit at current levels, but more likely they would be turning off their ASICs, this does not appear to be happening. In fact, hashrate is still going up. You don't really know what you're talking about.

1668050596241.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
EDIT: Found better info. Looks like ~$13.9k before they have to post more collateral

As I recall MSTR was buying well into the $40k range and the estimate was their cost basis was in the mid $20k on their bitcoin. So $13.9k for new collateral at 50% sounds about right. They're fucked as are their shareholders.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
As I recall MSTR was buying well into the $40k range and the estimate was their cost basis was in the mid $20k on their bitcoin. So $13.9k for new collateral at 50% sounds about right. They're fucked as are their shareholders.
I think I'd be willing to AV bet on this. I think he would post more collateral rather than sell. I would go further to suggest MSTR is going to do very well over the next 5+ years if they keep their holdings. My crystal ball is no better than anyone else's, but I have a hunch Saylor is on the right path even if no one sees it yet.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think I'd be willing to AV bet on this. I think he would post more collateral rather than sell. I would go further to suggest MSTR is going to do very well over the next 5+ years if they keep their holdings. My crystal ball is no better than anyone else's, but I have a hunch Saylor is on the right path even if no one sees it yet.
5-yr MSTR chart. Three guesses when they announced buying BTC. I circled it. What about this chart tells you its good for investors looking forward?

1668088360125.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
5-yr MSTR chart. Three guesses when they announced buying BTC. I circled it. What about this chart tells you its good for investors looking forward?
Oh that bounce is 100% based on the value of BTC and so is their future, no doubt about it. The idea behind this is that MSTR makes a lot of cash and he needed a place to store it. He didn't like the investment landscape, he didn't like the oncoming (in 2020) USD inflation, so he was searching for a place to store his value and found Bitcoin. I mean, assuming he didn't overlever his company to a degree that bankrupts them I don't think its a huge issue. I mean even today the stockprice is significantly higher than it was pre-BTC purchase. If you were a holder before that circle, would you be mad today? Even if the price goes back to baseline?

Regardless I'm willing to take a 1month AV bet that he will re-up collateral rather than sell if he gets to liquidation price. Just for fun

This guy ain't selling unless he has no other choice lol

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh that bounce is 100% based on the value of BTC and so is their future, no doubt about it. The idea behind this is that MSTR makes a lot of cash and he needed a place to store it. He didn't like the investment landscape, he didn't like the oncoming (in 2020) USD inflation, so he was searching for a place to store his value and found Bitcoin. I mean, assuming he didn't overlever his company to a degree that bankrupts them I don't think its a huge issue. I mean even today the stockprice is significantly higher than it was pre-BTC purchase. If you were a holder before that circle, would you be mad today? Even if the price goes back to baseline?

Regardless I'm willing to take a 1month AV bet that he will re-up collateral rather than sell if he gets to liquidation price. Just for fun

This guy ain't selling unless he has no other choice lol
"The idea behind this is that MSTR makes a lot of cash and he needed a place to store it. "

I dont follow the company so take this with a grain of salt. According to their financials they are funding BTC investments by issuing debt and selling stock. Thats not "making lots of cash". Quite the opposite actually.

1668089171511.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
"The idea behind this is that MSTR makes a lot of cash and he needed a place to store it. "

I dont follow the company so take this with a grain of salt. According to their financials they are funding BTC investments by issuing debt and selling stock. Thats not "making lots of cash". Quite the opposite actually.
Yea, the 'lots of cash' statement is where they started and why Saylor dove down the rabbithole -according to Saylor-. Since then yea, they issued debt to buy the majority of their holdings.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
"The billionaire behind a cryptocurrency exchange teetering on the brink of collapse was playing games on his mobile phone during a crucial meeting, an investment company has said.

Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder of digital token company FTX, was playing League of Legends during a vital pitch where he secured $900m in funding, a blog post from Sequoia Capital revealed."

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
"The billionaire behind a cryptocurrency exchange teetering on the brink of collapse was playing games on his mobile phone during a crucial meeting, an investment company has said.

Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder of digital token company FTX, was playing League of Legends during a vital pitch where he secured $900m in funding, a blog post from Sequoia Capital revealed."
Left out all the good stuff from the report. Degenerate children slinging around billions

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users