Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Testify where?
He's supposed to testify remotely from The Bahamas I believe.

I'm listening to the John Ray hearing w/ the Finance commitee. There's a lot of the standard "need to make sure I create my soundbite!" but some intersting bits as well. My main take away is that John Ray comes across as a gives-no-fucks I'm-here-to-straighten-this-shit-out type.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
He's supposed to testify remotely from The Bahamas I believe.

I'm listening to the John Ray hearing w/ the Finance commitee. There's a lot of the standard "need to make sure I create my soundbite!" but some intersting bits as well. My main take away is that John Ray comes across as a gives-no-fucks I'm-here-to-straighten-this-shit-out type.
I thought that nogress on the financial service commitee said she wont be calling him to testify?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I thought that nogress on the financial service commitee said she wont be calling him to testify?
Maybe, his testimony might be for some other committee/whatever? I also haven't finished the broadcast or listened super closely the whole time.... gotta pretend to work sometime :D

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Kate Irwin
Tue, December 13, 2022 at 2:06 PM·2 min read

Behemoth crypto exchange Binance has seen massive withdrawals in the past week and—on Tuesday—the highest amount of one-day withdrawals since June, Nansen data has revealed.
Binance’s international arm saw over $8.78 billion leave its exchange and $5.1 billion in incoming funds, meaning the exchange faced a net outflow of roughly $3.66 billion. While such data only refers to Binance’s Ethereum and ERC-20 token movements, approximately 63% of Binance’s portfolio is on Ethereum and the outflows are much larger compared to other crypto exchanges over the same period.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

kiss-of-death-god-father.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone think the regulators would do any better other than making easier for them to line their pockets?

A lot of crypto bois want it regulated, bc it removes the risk for traditional investors to enter the space.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Anyone think the regulators would do any better other than making easier for them to line their pockets?

Yes regulators would do way better. Massive bank fraud in normal banking sectors is actually pretty fucking rare in the scheme of things. As opposed to crypto where we have what? One exchange left that isn’t a huge fraud, maybe.