Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yet you used my exact wording in your post. Sure buddy.

Maybe that's the point... because your viewpoint on the issue isn't unique? I've heard both sides 1,000s of times in this thread & elsewhere. It was a joke post showing 2 sides of the spectrum. Fanatics are omg crazy positive and the opposite is true for the disbelievers... get a grip my man.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Bitcoin has had positive gains for ~4 days straight now and is back over $4K.

While the stock market continues to decline, BTC has been going up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I need to get my miner working again. It started having some kind of memory issue and I haven't had time to fuck with it. It's my first linux machine so I'm starting from scratch when I start troubleshooting.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
The BAT seems nice. But it's still hindered by the same problem Bitcoin is: costs too much to transfer. Brave should have gone with IOTA.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Dimon has been shitting on Bitcoin because using this technology as an investment vehicle is shit. These are going to be used for internal transfers between JP Morgan's customers and are going to be fixed $1 = 1 JPM coin. Dimon hasn't said that blockchain technology is bad. He just thinks that the coins themselves are a scam.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alex Jones Tells Joe Rogan He Refused $5M to Pump Bitcoin by Soros Associates - CoinSpice
Nearly 200,000 people watched the livestream, which went on for more than four hours. The rambling conversation, fast paced, included a jag where Jones revealed having been offered $5 million worth of bitcoin (BTC) back in 2011 as a lure to pump the cryptocurrency.
For a brief moment on June 8, 2011, bitcoin hit a high of $31.91, which would equal about 160k coins.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Bitcoin hit over $5k today, but sitting at $4.7K currently.
5 months ago it was in the 6.5K range.
Bubble or do we return to the 6-7K range?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I liked watching this for Mr. Wonderful's negativity, the other guy is highly enthusiastic but also raises some good points:

fris

Vyemm Raider
crypto is fun, but shouldn't be considered a real investment. it's closer to baseball cards or such. it's a useful service, but that service isn't what determines the value.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
crypto is fun, but shouldn't be considered a real investment. it's closer to baseball cards or such. it's a useful service, but that service isn't what determines the value.

What an uninformed and ignorant post.

Why in the hell would you lump every crypto coin in the same bucket. Jesus.
Generalizations are fun and stupid.

fris

Vyemm Raider
you disagreeing w/ my view doesn't make mine the one that's ignorant nor uninformed. people make money in crypto because someone else buys your crypto for more than you bought it or how much it cost you to mine it. no coin's value is based on anything else. no coin has any meaningful 'income', certainly nothing to justify it's value. the one coin that 'might' actually have some kind of holding to justify it's value is Tether, and they won't let anyone actually see their holdings.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
you disagreeing w/ my view doesn't make mine the one that's ignorant nor uninformed. people make money in crypto because someone else buys your crypto for more than you bought it or how much it cost you to mine it. no coin's value is based on anything else. no coin has any meaningful 'income', certainly nothing to justify it's value. the one coin that 'might' actually have some kind of holding to justify it's value is Tether, and they won't let anyone actually see their holdings.

You claiming crypto is like baseball cards is wildly uninformed.

It's just a very broad generalization.
Then you post a video claiming bitcoin's pricing increase is primarily from Manipulation. Which, sure, I truly believe there are some nefarious things being done, especially with OTHER cryptos, but at this point if you had any knowledge at all of Bitcoin specifically, it would take a LOT to manipulate the price of bitcoin to literally more then double its value.

And disclaimer: I'm not advocating that anyone buy Bitcoin. Personally I have a very small stake in it and do not intend to purchase more in the near future. My last buy was when it was ~$3,200.

Also, I'm only in Bitcoin currently. If you're throwing money into all the other 1000s of currencies, then yes, it might feel like trading baseball cards. And this is where the gross negligence in your post comes into play. It's like saying buying pennystocks is the same as the blue chip stocks.

My take on bitcoin: It's become VERY stable over the past year. And it's volume has remained high, and is currently astronomically high.

The 24Hr volume when BTC was ~$3,500 was about $5-6Billion/Day. NOW it's been having a volume of ~$30-$35Billion.
When Bitcoin hit $20K/Coin, the volume was $10-15Billion/Day.

So Volume right now is the highest its ever been, even when the coin was worth $20k.
Volume is what drives value, and the fact volume has increased 7X but value is 2.5X in the past ~60days, that seems VERY stable imo.

I do think Bitcoin can drop back to ~6k just as easily as it can go up (short term).
HOWEVER, I also agree the value will continually RISE over time. It drives the valuation of every other crypto currency and there will only ever be 21 Million coins.

The only way BTC dies is if some new coin, backed by a Govt, finds a way to takeover. But right now so much is tied to BTC that I can't fathom it being overtaken by anything else atm.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

You can say this about a lot of "investment" vehicles. The stock market operates more on speculation than on actual value. I don't disagree with you about it's value not being derived from a tangible product or revenue stream, at least in part. But people invest in a lot of service based companies that don't actually do much as well, like Uber. Uber doesn't have innovative tech, they just have a bit of custom code layered over calls to the Google Maps API. A service that could very easily be displaced. As quickly as Facebook displaced MySpace.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users