Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eth climbing again. its more of a slow roll this time. might have a bit more legs this time, then the recent ups and downs.

I bet dollar cost averaging over the last month would have been very successful for BTC and Eth.

I kindof want to get more into one of those no fees, easy to use currencys. xlm, nano, ada?
Nano cultists sure make it sound like the dream.
Nano lovers unite.

Last edited:

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
lol kraken only accepts fiat deposit via fucking wire transfer. What a waste of my time that was. Coinbase or binance?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
lol kraken only accepts fiat deposit via fucking wire transfer. What a waste of my time that was. Coinbase or binance?
What is funny about this is that Kraken was recently approved for a banking license, but still cant do ACH. I would rate the remaining US exchanges Gemini -> Coinbase -> Binance personally. Binance has had to move between a number of countries due to regulatory issues which makes me squeamish in using them. Coinbase crashes constantly although I hear their new user experience can be helpful. Gemini is just kinda the only exchange I'm aware of in the US that does ACH and isn't outright garbage. YMMV

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
What is funny about this is that Kraken was recently approved for a banking license, but still cant do ACH. I would rate the remaining US exchanges Gemini -> Coinbase -> Binance personally. Binance has had to move between a number of countries due to regulatory issues which makes me squeamish in using them. Coinbase crashes constantly although I hear their new user experience can be helpful. Gemini is just kinda the only exchange I'm aware of in the US that does ACH and isn't outright garbage. YMMV
I registered at coinbase before you posted this. My bank refuses connections to coinbase. Another waste. Fuck crypto I guess. I'll just continue to hodl the $20 bitcoin purchase I made 6 years ago.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I registered at coinbase before you posted this. My bank refuses connections to coinbase. Another waste. Fuck crypto I guess. I'll just continue to hodl the $20 bitcoin purchase I made 6 years ago.
Not sure what you were trying to setup, but my debit card was getting refused by my bank as well. There was no issue with directly linking my bank account though.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Just do a wire transfer to coinbase if you want to.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

coinbase has a manual option where you do an ACH transfer by inputing your routing number and acct

1612293114780.png

1612293132567.png

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Eth climbing again. its more of a slow roll this time. might have a bit more legs this time, then the recent ups and downs.

I bet dollar cost averaging over the last month would have been very successful for BTC and Eth.

I kindof want to get more into one of those no fees, easy to use currencys. xlm, nano, ada?
Nano cultists sure make it sound like the dream.
Nano lovers unite.
Alt coins are a huge risk imo. I ended up losing about 3500$ in alt coins in 2018 following that craze after being up about 20k on them. There's so many of them and it's hard to gauge what will truly break out. That being said, I still toss 15-20$ at NANO every once in awhile because why not and I do actually like the coin. I am down 500$ on it though so what do I really know? For most people I suggest 80% BTC and 20% ETH though if you really want to diversify.

• 1Like

Caliane

Alt coins are a huge risk imo. I ended up losing about 3500$ in alt coins in 2018 following that craze after being up about 20k on them. There's so many of them and it's hard to gauge what will truly break out. That being said, I still toss 15-20$ at NANO every once in awhile because why not and I do actually like the coin. I am down 500$ on it though so what do I really know? For most people I suggest 80% BTC and 20% ETH though if you really want to diversify.
yeah. the thing is, we 100% need a useful day to day coin. carbon emissions, ease of use, speed, gas fees, etc. btc and eth both clearly have issues with these.
If you just want to buy breakfast, neither Eth or BTC are great for that. BTC really fails utterly as an actual currency.

So, SOME Alt coin is going to win as that actual day to day currency. Which is it going to be? Idk.

XLM is looking decent. 7.8Billion marketcap. decently solid growth year to year.

Nano sounds amazing on paper.. but the marketcap is very low atm. 468m atm.

BTC and Eth. I'm much more bullish on Eth. the more I read, the more BTC sounded like a dead technology, only remaining "#1" on its name.
I'm pretty sure Eth is already #1. even if it hasn't passed in Marketcap.
This just makes me think, Eth is going to crush BTC in the near future, as more people realize this. And this is with Eth2.0 still rolling out.

Eth new all time high. 1513

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I tried that. Rejected it too. Apparently my bank refuses to connect with coinbase whatsoever. Set up on binance now though which went through no problem.
Thats bizarre since Coinbase seems considerably more legit than Binance to me.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

weird. yeah. I had to do the manual thing for coinbase as well. Tried signing up for robinhood at the same time. (back in dec.) and it used the same automated system. but failed to connect to my bank. Robinhood didn't seem to have the manual option, while coinbase did.

Coinbase has the free coins thing too, I don't think we mentioned.
Friend invite. you get $10 and they get $10 of BTC.

Earn 10$ in xlm for watching vids.
$9 comp for watching vids.
$3 graph.
$6 celo.
$3 nucypher.

like, my "free coins".
$3 Band, back on jan 23rd, is now $3.55
$3 Graph, back on dec 25th is $6.16
$6 maker on jan 17 is now $7.01
$6 Celo on dec 25th is now #11.50
$6 Comp on dec 25th is now $22.76
$10 xlm on dec 29 is now $24.04.
$5 BTC on dec 23 is now $7.56
$39->$82.58

The others are appearently more robust for traders though. less fees. stops, puts, etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd love to trade crypto, but after divesting from RH I've come to the conclusion that there's no worthwhile platform for US residents that:

1. Works when you need it to
2. Doesn't kill you with fees
3. Had all the coin types you want

I'm hoping a platform steps up in the near future that does all of the above. Seems like there's definitely a market for it.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
This just makes me think, Eth is going to crush BTC in the near future, as more people realize this. And this is with Eth2.0 still rolling out.

It really does come down to ETH 2.0. Overall I like ETH's potential over BTC, but right now not so much. Sending ETH costs, I believe, around 50-90$ because of the ridiculous gas costs. It's really annoying because I was playing around with the DeFI stuff a few months ago and I have some ETH basically stuck because I don't want to pay the money to get it out.

The brand name of BTC is too powerful and a lot of these other coins still move with the price of BTC, even ETH still kind of correlates with it. Here's a good example of ETH compared to BTC over the last year:

btc-eth.PNG

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'd love to trade crypto, but after divesting from RH I've come to the conclusion that there's no worthwhile platform for US residents that:

1. Works when you need it to
2. Doesn't kill you with fees
3. Had all the coin types you want

I'm hoping a platform steps up in the near future that does all of the above. Seems like there's definitely a market for it.

Everyone around me is complaining about RobinHood and Coinbase, meanwhile I logged in to Uphold to buy Doge, and saw a message that they upgraded their ACH processing so that even bank transfers are instant now.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
yeah. the thing is, we 100% need a useful day to day coin. carbon emissions, ease of use, speed, gas fees, etc. btc and eth both clearly have issues with these.
If you just want to buy breakfast, neither Eth or BTC are great for that. BTC really fails utterly as an actual currency.

So, SOME Alt coin is going to win as that actual day to day currency. Which is it going to be? Idk.

XLM is looking decent. 7.8Billion marketcap. decently solid growth year to year.

Nano sounds amazing on paper.. but the marketcap is very low atm. 468m atm.

BTC and Eth. I'm much more bullish on Eth. the more I read, the more BTC sounded like a dead technology, only remaining "#1" on its name.
I'm pretty sure Eth is already #1. even if it hasn't passed in Marketcap.

Eth new all time high. 1513

I need to learn more about it, but my understanding is ETH can do all of that, esp after 2.0 and going to proof of stake

Maybe in thinking of alt coins built in ETH?

Dunno, there is a lot of shit to know.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone around me is complaining about RobinHood and Coinbase, meanwhile I logged in to Uphold to buy Doge, and saw a message that they upgraded their ACH processing so that even bank transfers are instant now.
Uphold? I haven't even heard that one thrown around at all. They do percentage fees for buying and selling?