Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Uphold? I haven't even heard that one thrown around at all. They do percentage fees for buying and selling?

I only have $100 of crypto right now, I don't pay enough attention to give you details on that *shrugs*

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still have a small amount of doge so I've been following it. It's had a remarkably stable floor of .03 (give or take) for days. I assumed it would crash.

It did crash, only reason the price isn't back to where it was before is that bag holders haven't cashed out. Pretty common effect with bubbles/pumps.

XRP is still trading higher than it was before monday's pump and dump too. Everything else going up the day after, wonder if that's related...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doge is a joke. 100% do not buy doge unless you are only doing it for laughs, and understand you will lose everything you put into it.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been watching ETH all morning, think some whales are cashing out. 30 minutes after ETH hit a new all time high, 600 ETH was sold within 10 seconds.

I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to trading but I figure that someone moving that kind of money in a single transaction (that 400ETH one alone is $620,000) probably knows something I don't. I put a few shorts up.

1612358069166.png

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Been watching ETH all morning, think some whales are cashing out. 30 minutes after ETH hit a new all time high, 600 ETH was sold within 10 seconds.

I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to trading but I figure that someone moving that kind of money in a single transaction (that 400ETH one alone is $620,000) probably knows something I don't. I put a few shorts up.

View attachment 332773

Since that’s not institutional volume, that person just knows that pigs eat and hogs get slaughtered. 10/10 they’ll buy back the dip.

Crypto historically dips after all-time-highs.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, people love round numbers. its was clear people where cashing out at 1400.

Current runup, looks totally different though.
not only a much slower ramp up. we blasted through 1400 with no selloff. and 1500 also did not spark the same kind of sell of 1400 did repeatedly.
eth2-3.jpg

Each of those peaks was exactly 1400.

maybe we'll see it at 1600, but I think its going to be even higher. 2k probably next checkpoint.

If you are afraid of going all in on Eth atm. Dollar cost average it.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Everything I was thinking at buying is at or near ATH. All future 10x candidate shitcoins are a hassle to buy and gas fees are like fucking $30 per transaction. Why is crypto so gay?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yeah, people love round numbers. its was clear people where cashing out at 1400.

Current runup, looks totally different though.
not only a much slower ramp up. we blasted through 1400 with no selloff. and 1500 also did not spark the same kind of sell of 1400 did repeatedly.
View attachment 332784

Each of those peaks was exactly 1400.

maybe we'll see it at 1600, but I think its going to be even higher. 2k probably next checkpoint.

If you are afraid of going all in on Eth atm. Dollar cost average it.
One thing you learn trading is people love round numbers. The worst limit order you can set is $XX.99

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I think a lot of you guys that want to trade in this space would greatly benefit from listening to this. You're gunna have a hard time beating a buy and hold strategy. This makes sense when you understand what you're buying

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think a lot of you guys that want to trade in this space would greatly benefit from listening to this. You're gunna have a hard time beating a buy and hold strategy. This makes sense when you understand what you're buying

Worth a listen.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The less I know, the less my poor decision making can fuck things up

• 2Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I feel like this dude cracked my brain open and dumped straight knowledge on me. Holy cow.

I really get it now. I started to get it during the GME manipulation collusion faggotry and this talk has sealed the deal. I GET IT!

• 2Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks, will have a listen. I've done buy and hold as well as scalping. Made some money scalping but it was far more stressful in the beginning, didn't even like to keep shorts running overnight although I'm in no danger of financial ruin (I hold way more cash and gold than I ever put in my trading account). Made $1500 off the doge pump but lost about $600 chasing that on XRP. I did pivot into a short once I realized what was happening and got about $150 back out, figured that was a good learning experience.

I don't think it's the right time for buy and hold. Crypto hype all over the net atm. This graph does not say buy and hold to me.

My shorts are on the last plateau before the final last spike so they're in the red atm but I think I'll let them ride for a bit. This does not look in any way sustainable and once the FOMO money dries up it's going to come down. I'm also convinced it's massively manipulated (I've been seeing this bot put up a 30ETH sellwall for 24 hours now, it always puts it a few cents below highest bid and takes it back out seconds later). Constant buys and sells for 1-2 cents etc.

1612422916608.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Doge price already up like 50% in the last few hours, y'all better buy some before the price blows up

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Doge is a joke. 100% do not buy doge unless you are only doing it for laughs, and understand you will lose everything you put into it.

Or if you are trying to cash in on all the people that are going to buy in today. It's not one to buy and hodl but lots of people already have made a good chunk of money on it last week. Scoreboard don't lie! And with the track record of these things lately, I'm sure lots of sheep will follow the meme's instructions today. At which point you should sell while they're buying. Lol

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone with half a brain cell would buy before this "event", if they had faith in the herd. Surely people aren't this retarded.