Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Brad

Trakanon Raider
If any of you want more in your own security circle, feel free to add me. I will always be mining šŸ˜

For those who still need to verify phone number, just go to profile and click add and then verify.

AAAAANNNNDDD 50k BTC, should stay above that most of the time for the rest of the month!šŸ’°

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Moved $100 of ETH from coinbase to kraken.

Took several hours, and in the end I had under 70$...

What the holy fuck.

How is this functional or what am I missing?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
i have read the bank account verification on Gemini is pretty intense, where they have to log in to your online bank account

is that the process that you did or is there a way around that?

• 1Moron

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i have read the bank account verification on Gemini is pretty intense, where they have to log in to your online bank account

Hah.. you're joking right?

Who, in their right mind, would hand anyone their bank login details?

• 1Like

Brad

Trakanon Raider

That cannot be right..... very disturbing.

Are you sure you did not misunderstand them? Maybe just meant access as in can bill you and deposit fait money and not actual logging in?? Prob a bit like PayPal where they put in a few cents and you tell them how much etc.

If they meant actual log in, tell them to fuck off and stay away from Gemini

• 1Like

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
So apparently binance.us takes 15 days to verify for fiat pairs currently. Thatā€™s fucking nuts in this market the thing I was signing up to sell some of has went up 20% the. Dropped 40% and now back up 10% since I decided to start trimming my holdings a bit and signed up a week ago.

Moral of the story is if you will need this for your exit plan better set it up now and not wait till you actually intend to trade.

Caliane

Coinbase, Gemini, Robinhood use Plaid.

It asks for your BANK LOGIN information. I tried to use it. but it failed, so ended up not using robinhood at all, and with coinbase routing numbers.

They do have other options usually. Coinbase, if plaid fails, will ask for routing number, acct number, and then do the classic 5-15c tranfers, to confirm. takes a few days of course though.
or you can link paypal, a debit card, or do a wiretransfer.

Kraken is wire transfers, or transfers of crypto direct to fund. I ain't doing no wire transfer, so I get ADA/nano on kraken... I outright just transferred cryto from coinbase to buy on kraken.

I don't know if you use Plaid, its just to confirm the account, then you can change your bank PW, or if it keeps using Plaid to login with all transfers.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Kraken is wire transfers, or transfers of crypto direct to fund. I ain't doing no wire transfer, so I get ADA/nano on kraken... I outright just transferred cryto from coinbase to buy on kraken.

What were the fees?

I got ass raped with 30% fees doing this.

Caliane

Looking into it more, I see a few things.
1. I see one reddit post saying you can change your PW after Plaid verifies, and it doesnt interfer with further transfers.
2. I ALSO, see a reddit post stating that Plaid, collects data for your entire bank transaction history, and sells it. Which if true, is of course a giant FUCK NO.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I still havenā€™t found an effective way to transfer from exchanges to my wallet. It always costs a fortune.

Even buying BTC on Coinbase comes with a $7 fee per $100.

Caliane

What were the fees?

I got ass raped with 30% fees doing this.
lets see. they weren't ideal for sure. I didn't really math it out before hand.
Transfer 1. BTC. .0007btc. $26.38, .00004372 fee, on coinbase. about $1.62 6%
Transfer 2. Aave. .9150Aave $449.13, .01334 fee, on coinbase. about $6.54, then .0238 fee for deposit? $11.68.

I could buy nano directly with BTC.
But, not aave. so had to xchange Aavae for USD first.
That as another .00227 fee, $1.11.

USD to buy 32 nano-$.32 ($200 worth at the time)
USD to buy 200 ADA- $.45 (174 worth at the time.)

So lost about 8% on the Aave? $449 start, 411 USD end result. $38 lost to xfers.

you can buy all the coins on kraken with BTC, ETH, or USD. so, probably more ideal for one of those 2. low amount of BTC was only 6%, so probably best choice there..
not including of course any initial purchase fees. which looking into, BTC buys on coinbase are a flat 1.46%.

Just tested. if I send $1000 BTC right now, from coinbase to kraken, its a 0.00003615 BTC network fee. About $1.80.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Is there some way to see what my assets are from Coinbase in Coinbase Pro?

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I donā€™t think you can see them directly but you can instant free transfer between the two. So outside of going to transfer Iā€™m not that familiar with it.

Caliane

Thats actually a question. is there a crypto asset tracker? like, I have coins in coinbase, natrium, ledger, and kraken... is there an app that just tracks where, and how much combined?

And also, product review.
I finally got around to setting up the Ledger nano S. and.. what the fuck is this shit, no one warned me about?
156kb capacity? each coin requires an APP to buy/sell. apps take about 48kb.
so, I can only fit 3 coin apps on the damn thing.

Ledger Nano X vs Ledger Nano S - Hardware wallets comparison | Ledger bullshit shop does not expressly say how much space it has, or uses for each coin app. nano X claims to be much larger.
I'm seeing claims of 2048KB for the nano x.

Also, doesn't support nano/ada directly. (that at least is more, I got into those after getting the nano first.) you have to get the app in the ledger live, that links to a second wallet.

I am seeing, you can install/delete the apps. Allowing you to rotate access. keys are still kept, its just you need the app to actually, send/receive/buy, etc.

Anyway, I am super disappointed in this nano s and do not recommend. Maybe the Nano x, or some other brand entirely.
Even worse I'm seeing claims of 356kb nano S, before the nano x came out... as if they reduced its size, to push people to the bigger one..