Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Capture.jpg

Rajaah Rajaah this is the kind of excel I use to figure out what I'm gonna pay on short term capital gains "IF I SELL TODAY".

The "Portfolio" cell is just filled out based on what my investment looks like today. Fee to sell is just the amount x your broker's fee. Taxes/short-term capital gains are .25 x return after fees (.15 for federal and .10 for my state).

If I sold my ETH today, I'd pay $600 in taxes and fees, wtf.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
DOGE about to overtake Polkadot to become the #7 coin by market cap. Unreal.

I. Just. Don't. Understand.

I was in Doge at $0.04 and made a couple hundred bucks to keep me even during the GME lulz.

Is Doge gonna be one of those currencies that got where it was bc of de facto support rather than anything that made technical sense? LOL.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I was in Doge at $0.04 and made a couple hundred bucks to keep me even during the GME lulz.

Is Doge gonna be one of those currencies that got where it was bc of de facto support rather than anything that made technical sense? LOL.

Fundamentals don't matter. Doge is a functioning cryptocurrency but it has a 120+ billion supply and 600,000 more are made every hour. It's a speculative bubble, people buy it because they think they can sell it for more later. That works in a bubble until it doesn't.

Bitcoin is stalling or even dropping as alts surge because even a highly optimistic $150k price target is only a 2.5x at this time, people are in full on mania chasing those 100x moonshots.
It has all the hallmarks of a market top which is why I got the majority of my money out weeks ago, I'm just throwing shit at a dartboard with some leftover cash now. Right now I'm short ETH.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Fundamentals don't matter. Doge is a functioning cryptocurrency but it has a 120+ billion supply and 600,000 more are made every hour. It's a speculative bubble, people buy it because they think they can sell it for more later. That works in a bubble until it doesn't.

Bitcoin is stalling or even dropping as alts surge because even a highly optimistic $150k price target is only a 2.5x at this time, people are in full on mania chasing those 100x moonshots.
It has all the hallmarks of a market top which is why I got the majority of my money out weeks ago, I'm just throwing shit at a dartboard with some leftover cash now. Right now I'm short ETH.

You're saying it's a speculative bubble by speculating. Personally I don't have a strong opinion either way.

As someone w a strong opinion can you share some technicals to support your perspective?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're saying it's a speculative bubble by speculating. Personally I don't have a strong opinion either way.

As someone w a strong opinion can you share some technicals to support your perspective?

Technicals are looking at potential uses, margins, competitors etc. Like if you were to open a bakery in your street, how many daily customers can you expect, what are your fixed costs, profit margins etc. Nobody does any of that FOMOing into the latest surging coin. I don't either, beyond the basics I listed above which take 20 seconds on Wikipedia to read. Even that was probably more than most buyers did.

If you look at prior bubbles, this has all the hallmarks of one approaching the top. Altcoins mooning left and right, hype all over the media and internet. Literally all of my coworkers are buying crypto again. Same thing I saw in 2017 and I called it a bubble back then too.

Maybe I'm calling it too early, but my spider sense says this is at or near the top. I've made my money this run, not buying in again with substantial money until we see a big drop. Throwing a few hundred bucks into something isn't the same as putting half your life savings into the market.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Get your rational arguments the fuck outta here. My $200 doge coin meme buy is going to net me $10k+ at this rate.

• 1Tendies

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Loss Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sorry if it's already been brought up or posted but has anyone done research on OMI coin? This was thrown out to me a month or two ago as a get-rich potential coin and after the doge FOMO I am seriously considering it. Currently it's pretty difficult to buy, so I'd be banking that once it becomes more accessible thru RH, Webull, Coinbase, etc, the increased accessibility could be a great turning point? Haven't done a ton of research on it but beginning to today and this weekend.

Cheers!

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Investing 1991: pick good company with solid fundamentals and prospects, wait for dip in share price, buy. Be glad to get 4% return a year

Investing 2021: buy funny Doge memecoin the second it goes through the all time high, sell for 4% profit 15 minutes later.

Honk honk

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Considering its $0.40 now you probably should have waited an hour!

• 1Triggered

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering its $0.40 now you probably should have waited an hour!

Yea it's up 25% from where I sold, however this does seem like juggling a grenade with the pin pulled out. Wonder what else is going to get blown up when this does.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yea it's up 25% from where I sold, however this does seem like juggling a grenade with the pin pulled out. Wonder what else is going to get blown up when this does.
I'm only in for $200 from back in October. Don't really care so I'm riding it out.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1618581047857.png

God damn this was 146 IQ post if I've ever seen one.

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still have a few hundred dogecoin that people were handing out for free in 2014. Still got the password too. A times infinity in any case.

It's tanking atm, nice -20% 3 minute candle there.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I pussed out. I sold my lol Doge and took my $8k in free money. We'll see how incredibly wrong I am about this move and regret it later. As is tradition.

• 1Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 users