Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
WHats the difference between Binance.us and Binance.com?
You can only use the binance.us one in the US, minus a handful of states that don’t allow it. They check IDs and whatnot too, have to take a picture of your license and a bill that proves where you live.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Since Cuomo is Nazi and NY has no balls, I've had to take the absolute ass-backwards approach to purchasing VET by buying ETH and exchanging it via Exodus (exchange) to a VET only wallet. If I could just use binance.us it would cut out so much of the bullshit. Thankfully haven't fucked up any of my transactions yet, but i'm sure it's common. Just read an old thread on reddit where the guy sent it to the wrong wallet (my understanding is VET is no longer ERC20 token and can't be sent to a Trezor device).

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's the best place to buy VET and ETH right now?

Binance?

Binance is definitely the best place to buy VET because it's one of the few exchanges that has it. I personally think it's the best place to buy all crypto because it has a ton of stuff and it's far and away the cheapest- but others might argue with me. All my ETH and VET are in Binance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since Cuomo is Nazi and NY has no balls, I've had to take the absolute ass-backwards approach to purchasing VET by buying ETH and exchanging it via Exodus (exchange) to a VET only wallet. If I could just use binance.us it would cut out so much of the bullshit. Thankfully haven't fucked up any of my transactions yet, but i'm sure it's common. Just read an old thread on reddit where the guy sent it to the wrong wallet (my understanding is VET is no longer ERC20 token and can't be sent to a Trezor device).

Shit like this can be catastrophic because I believe you lose the coins forever.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Lulz, after putting in $35k what, a week and a half ago?

151F83AE-5B32-48A0-B463-A88B56BED23F.jpeg

• 4Tendies
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Don't worry, sometimes paper hands pay off. My diamond hands have made me miss out on $173k in potential unrealized gains over the past 2 months. My portfolio is down that much from its high this year on stocks I all still hold (for the moment)

I dumped every long-term stock I had that was losing money a few days ago, kept the SPACs. Everything was down an average of about 30% since January, so I took a real bath on money. Figured I'd make it back on crypto a lot sooner than if I kept those stocks and waited a year to see if they got better.

...well, I put some of it into VeChain and that just spiked today. Think I got back most of the losses on stocks already. Since it has dipped and plateaued from the high, I just bought a bunch more of it, so time for it to crash.

Just kidding, I have more faith in VET than a lot of the others because it's so low-priced right now and it's very clearly nowhere near the ceiling yet, or even close.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Agree. Both ETH and VET seem to have the best use cases out there so I'm going all in on both of them. Their performance record backs that up too. It's part of the reason that ETH has been outperforming BTC for over a year and has really pulled away from BTC very recently. People are rotating out of BTC and into ETH.

VET is doing extremely well despite having very limited US exposure so far. It's not on kraken. It's not on coinbase. I read a really interesting article how VET is being used to track food purity and chain of custody in China.

Once it starts getting picked up in the United States both by more companies and by more exchanges, it's going to absolutely go through the roof. I think we are going to see a lot of VET millionaires.

Yep. Like you, I just wish I had more to invest in it now. I might convert all of my BTC and alts into Eth and VET. I like those two the most at this point and they're only going up from here so I'm not super worried about waiting for a perfect dip. Just gonna pool to those two and then DCA what I can. Moon-chasing with alts has tended to be a letdown (MKR like doubled not long after I sold) and BTC, as much as I like it, seems to have less upside than Eth by a good margin.

Good to see MANA surging, but it's like seeing an old girlfriend doing well.

• 2Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep. Like you, I just wish I had more to invest in it now. I might convert all of my BTC and alts into Eth and VET. I like those two the most at this point and they're only going up from here so I'm not super worried about waiting for a perfect dip. Just gonna pool to those two and then DCA what I can. Moon-chasing with alts has tended to be a letdown (MKR like doubled not long after I sold) and BTC, as much as I like it, seems to have less upside than Eth by a good margin.

Good to see MANA surging, but it's like seeing an old girlfriend doing well.

Honestly, I went ahead and consolidated everything I could into VET and ETH, which included most of my stocks. No mistake, focusing so narrowly is a risky move. I'm willing to take the risk myself, but I wouldn't blame anyone that wasn't. As everyone here knows, diversifying lowers both risk and potential reward.

Honestly though, crypto is so hot right now and stocks have been doing exactly dick for me for the past month. The crypto bull won't run forever but I don't see it ending in the near future. Frankly I think it's just starting.

So far it has paid off very well for me but since I haven't scooped any profits yet and don't plan to for quite a while, it doesn't matter much. Unrealized gains are imaginary until you cash them out (at least that's the way I think of them).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vet isn't on on Kraken but a few other coins like SC and ETC seem to be trailing Doge. Gonna wait for things to cool off but may be worth keeping an eye on.

I thought the January pump was a one and done deal for Doge but it's peaked at least twice more now.

SC up 40% since I made this post. I should take my own advice more often.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is there a way to change Binance so that when you go to buy/sell, the number you enter is in USD instead of the currency? If I want to invest say $1000 somewhere I have to get a calculator every time and add up how much $1000 is in that particular currency and then enter that number.

Maybe it's just my version of the app (US, on a tablet) but I can't find any way to do it, in options or anywhere else.

Caliane

Well this is clearly Euphoria stage Alt season..
Total mania for rando alt coins.

Gamble on those alts, and good luck. But be very aware its 2006 dot.com bubble. too many random forces, they could blow up, and totally collapse at any time.

How long will this last before the crash? will there actually be a crash, or is this what adoption looks like?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

Not sure if this video is going to embed. Twitter is having API issues I believe. Below is the meat of it though. Its coming...

"Dallas Federal Reserve President, Robert Kaplan, “Right now it's clear #bitcoin is a store of value”

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Is there a way to change Binance so that when you go to buy/sell, the number you enter is in USD instead of the currency? If I want to invest say $1000 somewhere I have to get a calculator every time and add up how much $1000 is in that particular currency and then enter that number.

Maybe it's just my version of the app (US, on a tablet) but I can't find any way to do it, in options or anywhere else.
Yeah you can.

See screenshots, click the button to the right as shown.

01280AEE-FF59-4CD0-B2B0-3BF7DA53BCD9.jpeg
338EE4F0-EC2C-412E-9A5C-8DEDD0DCF9DE.jpeg

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Well this is clearly Euphoria stage Alt season..
Total mania for rando alt coins.

Gamble on those alts, and good luck. But be very aware its 2006 dot.com bubble. too many random forces, they could blow up, and totally collapse at any time.

How long will this last before the crash? will there actually be a crash, or is this what adoption looks like?
If you believe the various folks who have charted out the bear / bull markets in crypto over the past few years, they’re all predicting a bear market to start again late this year / early next year. Some predict this bear market won’t be as bad or as long as in the past because of increased adoption and mainstreaming.

As always of course who knows.

• 1Like

Caliane

If you believe the various folks who have charted out the bear / bull markets in crypto over the past few years, they’re all predicting a bear market to start again late this year / early next year. Some predict this bear market won’t be as bad or as long as in the past because of increased adoption and mainstreaming.

As always of course who knows.
I don't have much faith in the chart people. This market is entirely driven by adoption, and retail investors.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't have much faith in the chart people. This market is entirely driven by adoption, and retail investors.

Well, the charts focus on retail investors. Obviously the charts aren't always right, but I think retail behavior is the most predictable/easiest thing to chart.

The wild cards are the random world, government, and institutional moves that shake the financial landscape; things the charts can't really anticipate.

For example, I invested in a stock called SINO, a Chinese shipping company that was beginning to move into BTC mining. The charts looked good and the stock was going up fast after they made the announcement they were looking to acquire a BTC mining operation in Inner Mongolia.

Next thing you know, BAM! "China bans BTC mining in Inner Mongolia!" Stock plummeted. Charts were completely irrelevant at that point.

That type of thing could 100% happen to crypto as a whole. But like Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn mentioned, as crypto becomes more widely adopted by both the general public and institutions (and in some cases possibly even government- see the Mayor of Miami), the less likely it is that a world event will result in a cataclysmic drop. Sure, you're going to see Bear markets and pullbacks, but hopefully with widespread adoption you won't see anything like the 2018 crash again.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, the charts focus on retail investors. Obviously the charts aren't always right, but I think retail behavior is the most predictable/easiest thing to chart.

The wild cards are the random world, government, and institutional moves that shake the financial landscape; things the charts can't really anticipate.

For example, I invested in a stock called SINO, a Chinese shipping company that was beginning to move into BTC mining. The charts looked good and the stock was going up fast after they made the announcement they were looking to acquire a BTC mining operation in Inner Mongolia.

Next thing you know, BAM! "China bans BTC mining in Inner Mongolia!" Stock plummeted. Charts were completely irrelevant at that point.

That type of thing could 100% happen to crypto as a whole. But like Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn mentioned, as crypto becomes more widely adopted by both the general public and institutions (and in some cases possibly even government- see the Mayor of Miami), the less likely it is that a world event will result in a cataclysmic drop. Sure, you're going to see Bear markets and pullbacks, but hopefully with widespread adoption you won't see anything like the 2018 crash again.

I was looking at the crypto all-time charts earlier and ouch, that 2018 crash looked rough. I bet a lot of paperhands folks bought in during that brief mega-spike and then found themselves selling at a big loss over the next couple of years. The ones who stuck it out and bought more were richly rewarded in the last few months.

I just really hope we don't get a bubble burst like that again. But I agree that the circumstances are too different now for that to be likely.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>