Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Beat me to it. You know the fuckers selling COIN yesterday had inside info.

Putting your full social, photocopies of your IDs and banking information into a chinese banking website.... I mean duh. Anyone who didn't see the inevitable investigation and the inevitable total collapse of binance hasn't paid any attention to chinese banks at all. They collapse as often as leaves fall from trees. Pretty sure chinese even have a word for bank runs because of it.

I think Elon has smugly discovered a legal way to manipulate crypto markets, since SEC doesn't really have power over crypto markets. I wouldn't be surprised to see a shot over the bow from some authority in his direction regarding crypto comments as well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If you can ignore the SJW title this is a really good article about how Bitcoin is affecting third world countries. Bottom up revolution

Last edited:

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I had to do a debunking run on the ecological nonsense already due to a friend making this claim about crypto months ago.

Gold uses far more energy and produces far more industrial waste... Which is what BTC positions to replace.
Same for the traditional banking system... Which is what ETH/Defi is positioned to replace

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So uh, does this mean I have to go back to using Coinbase? Blergh.

I'm leveraging coinbase right now to accumulate on dips of things I can buy there. (predominantly ETH, ADA) then waiting to move the ETH once gas prices subside.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm leveraging coinbase right now to accumulate on dips of things I can buy there. (predominantly ETH, ADA) then waiting to move the ETH once gas prices subside.

Great price on TrueBit right now...shame about the gas though. By the time it subsides, prices will probably be back up. We'll see. Getting more of that and Eth are my primary goals at the moment. Not too worried about VET because my average buy-in price is like .185 and it hasn't gone much below that.

Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn Good call on MATIC, it's been very resilient lately.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
If you can ignore the SJW title this is a really good article about how Bitcoin is affecting third world countries. Bottom up revolution

looks like that guy likes to make headlines. his other 5 articles are all similar to that one you posted for the most part.

here is him & snowden having a spat. goldstein sounds a bit like James James in regards to the concerns over BTC and how it hasn't evolved and other concerns.

i like to read things I don't fully understand...

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gold uses far more energy and produces far more industrial waste... Which is what BTC positions to replace.
Same for the traditional banking system... Which is what ETH/Defi is positioned to replace
Isn't gold a resource used in all modern electronics and satellites ?

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can understand the price of BTC dropping over Elon’s tweet. Can anyone explain why etherium is dipping too? Are those of you who are long etherium buying during this dip?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
BTC is still the bellwether crypto, even if you believe (like me) that it won't be for long. Anything that massively effects BTC is going to have a broad effect on the crypto market as a whole. Plus, the whole DoJ/IRS investigation into Binance is also factoring in. Plus, the crypto market was due for a sizable correction anyway and this seems like a good time.

My guess is you will see ETH recover pretty quickly and then resume the march to 10k, while BTC will undergo a much slower recovery.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Great price on TrueBit right now...shame about the gas though. By the time it subsides, prices will probably be back up. We'll see. Getting more of that and Eth are my primary goals at the moment. Not too worried about VET because my average buy-in price is like .185 and it hasn't gone much below that.

Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn Good call on MATIC, it's been very resilient lately.
Yeah! I’m pretty happy with it for having bought in at 70 cents. I’m also up like 1500 coins from arbitrage on AAVE loans and wMATIC coins every day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
And this is how Defi dies. It just becomes another fintech. If it was decentralized it wouldn't need to capitulate to regulators. Hope I'm wrong

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
And this is how Defi dies. It just becomes another fintech. If it was decentralized it wouldn't need to capitulate to regulators. Hope I'm wrong

big brother wants your money to pay for all their fuckups.

• 1Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The early posts in this thread are interesting

Lol reading that made me think of lost opportunities too. Until recently I worked at a school. Well, maybe training program is a better word. It operated along the lines of taking in 25 students for 6 months training at our facilities, and for the other 6 months we would train on site, so the 25 student computers would be dormant for 6 months a year. Now, granted, they were just shitty office PCs, but still, if I'd had them running mining 24/7 6 months a year from the early days on free electricity.. would have been a nice income boost! :)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Ethereum resistance points, interesting read. Dropping another couple hundred on it today to help catapult it downward, so get ready to buy the dip tomorrow.

LiteCoin is starting to get some press as a mover/surger, I'm noticing. Maybe a comeback is on the way?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I have to know, without reading hundreds of pages, how did this end?
About 8 BTC later, I sold for $250 ea.

Seemed like a great idea at the time.

Leave me alone, I need a drink.

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Paper Hands
Reactions: 12 users