Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are copying a jpeg and creating an entirely new NFT around it. You are not copying an NFT.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Zzen

Potato del Grande
NFTs are a cryptocurrency and a non-fungible store of value like land.

1630527490479.gif

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Jfc you dense dumb mother fucker

We all know good and goddamned well, you can copy the image, create a new NFT, and bam.

You have an approximation of the original, with almost all of the qualities, and thus value.

Images, VR avatars, etc, are shit use cases (save for actual collectibles, which nobody knows what those are until they ARE COLLECTIBLES) because unless the utilization of the image, avatar, what the fuck ever, is regulated by the platform, it has almost zero real value

You stupid dense dumb fucking piece of shit

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You are copying a jpeg and creating an entirely new NFT around it. You are not copying an NFT.

It's almost like your brain is broken, and your weren't able to understand THE WHOLE FUCKING CONVERSATION

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
is regulated by the platform

Yes, it is regulated by the platform as each NFT is minted by an address on the blockchain. You cannot trick the blockchain into thinking you copied an NFT, it's impossible. You can attempt to forge one and pass it off as authentic to unsuspecting individuals, but that is not a copy.

• 1Seriously?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lolol, you literally can't comprehend what everyone is saying.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, you three or four retards can't comprehend that you cannot copy an NFT, but still think you're smart anyway. Even fucking Flobee gets it, you idiots are unbelievable.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so... all this nft bullshit?

James James is saying the nft is an artificial "collectors" item first edition print

while everyone is saying, lulz who cares you can just ctrl-c, ctrl-v and same nft, second edition

what happened to creating a nft thread? do i have to do this? but no one will move all the nft posts in there

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I can generate a random number of 80 digits and you cannot copy that either. Therefore it has innate value

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I actually have no idea how they would do voting with the blockchain. NFTs may or may not be involved, it's a ways off still if it's even possible I think. There's lots of privacy concerns in this area
Hoskins talks a little about voting/blockchain in this Lex Fridman episode, not sure the exact spot but near here:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can generate a random number of 80 digits and you cannot copy that either. Therefore it has innate value

Yep, amazing how many people here aren't getting that NFTs are cryptocurrencies.

what happened to creating a nft thread? do i have to do this? but no one will move all the nft posts in there

I'm still putting things together, but I'm also not sure how much interest there would be in it. The only people really speaking up about them are mostly idiots dismissing them.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Flobee Flobee

What is there to prevent a person from creating an NFT with already used properties? Say, for example, a pixel rock or smoking bunny image?... Lol
Well, creating an NFT that points to the same JPEG of a rock? Effortless. Creating an NFT that is an identical duplicate of the on-chain NFT itself? Impossible.

I think what is tricky for people that haven't put much time into this is understanding the underlying structure of these things. If you've not moved assets on-chain and/or looked into the blockchain itself, you're going to have a hard time understanding it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Well, creating an NFT that points to the same JPEG of a rock? Effortless. Creating an NFT that is an identical duplicate of the on-chain NFT itself? Impossible.

I think what is tricky for people that haven't put much time into this is understanding the underlying structure of these things. If you've not moved assets on-chain and/or looked into the blockchain itself, you're going to have a hard time understanding it.

I didn't say identical...

I said "already used properties"... To mimic the utility of a previously created NFT

I think I understand it fine.

Little man there is just having an emotional response like a woman

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
James I'm not watching that...

But are you all in on BTC now!?!?

Also, it looks like you are completely alone in your position. Everyone is dumb. Except you.

You are the only intelligent person in this thread.

You couldn't be wrong, or reacting like a woman... It's not that at all. Lolol