Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Man I don't know how that Grayscale shit is taxed, are you not considered as holding the underlying asset?

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
She held it for like a week. It will be taxed at her personal income tax rate.

• 1Truth!

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im sad because i sold my algo(before the crash) because the proof of stake dropped, significantly reducing my daily gains….and now its over 2$ a coin. #fail

Ohh well.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

What did you stumble upon here, Izo? Do we know the devs? Are you involved in the DAO?

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I was thinking too myself, I'm going to buy some acreage to leave my son.

Plant some trees, even some black walnut (take like 60 years to produce harvestable lumber)...

Plant some crops, trap and relocate some wildlife that had been depleted in years prior.

But then I saw this:
1631661742336.png

And my first thought? It's the same thing!

My son might not have intergenerational wealth, but he will have a shitty 2d monkey ON THE BLOCKCHAIN BABY

• 6Worf
  • 3Double Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You've given zero indication that you even know what the word "fungible" means.
You've given zero indication you even know how taxes work.

Spoiler: You only pay taxes on your profits. If you take losses, you can use those to offset other income.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She held it for like a week. It will be taxed at her personal income tax rate.
I actually just held it overnight the second time. I had sold all my ETHE shares on the 3rd because I didn't want to hold it going into the holiday weekend. My account was just sitting in cash for the next 10 days, and then yesterday when everything tanked, I noticed the afternoon price for Greyscale ETHE shares was hit harder from the volatility than the actual exchange price of ETH, creating a pretty large relative gap between the prices of ETH and ETHE, and assumed that the price of ETH would rise overnight and the market open price for ETHE would rise even faster to catch up as both prices regressed towards the mean after a bad day. It paid off.

I think there's a lot of money to be made looking at when the price of ETHE shares diverge too far from the underlying price of ETH during down days and playing arbitrage, basically.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You've given zero indication you even know how taxes work.

Spoiler: You only pay taxes on your profits. If you take losses, you can use those to offset other income.

Where did I claim that I understood how taxes work? See, that's the difference. Also, I buy things in Eth that I mined in 2016, so I'm pretty sure I get taxed on both ends.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, this seems way less of a risky way to make ~$4,500 to me, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

1631672898162.png

• 1Tendies

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good writeup on Loot: Loot Project: the first community owned NFT gaming platform

I'm currently in both of the Discords watching things play out, there still isn't anything to do with it really (incorporating mLoot is hard) but the development community is fascinating. Some of the things they're working on are: gas-free expansions, open map standard, and migrating to layer 2.

Also, FUCKING DOPE WARS, who here played that shit back in the day?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I thought you had your own thread for that shit?..

Why are you posting it here?

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The other thread is for you to figure out how NFTs are a non-fungible store of value like land, so that we don't have to constantly deal with your ignorant comments about what you think has value or doesn't when the latest in blockchain development is centering almost entirely around NFTs. Why don't you shut the fuck up until you can figure out how a fucking paperclip is fungible?

• 1NPC