Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
$ value I hold more ETH than BTC. You buying BTC won't move the price. Buying TRU with its miniscule marketcap might though. You're being kind of silly with that line of thought.

I'm not here to help myself or BTC. BTC is going to survive and thrive without you or me. I'm trying to convince a group of my peers that they would be better served getting on this train now rather than later when its obvious that its won and the alts they bought are worse than toilet paper. I don't believe BTC is all that risky anymore, I think its inevitable. That is clearly my OPINION but its one I hold strongly. I'm not trying to act holier than thou, its genuinely how I feel and my posting history bears this out.

Honestly its an opsec vulnerability posting here about crypto at all. There are MUCH smarter people than me that read this thread who hold more than I do and keep their mouth shut about it. That is the truly self interested course of action.
R.95bb66bb3ad779a077ac9973810d8ba8

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly its an opsec vulnerability posting here about crypto at all. There are MUCH smarter people than me that read this thread who hold more than I do and keep their mouth shut about it. That is the truly self interested course of action.

Care to elaborate?

Lightning Fast
Crypto is a custodial asset class. Telling people you own it isn't really in your self interest. Like telling people you stuff $100 bills under the mattress.
Ya, anonymous names on an anonymous message board broadcasting things that may or may not be true is a huge problem.

Did you put this much thought into your previous BTC posts?

• 1Salty

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ya, anonymous names on an anonymous message board broadcasting things that may or may not be true is a huge problem.

Did you put this much thought into your previous BTC posts?
I've used this name for years, I'm not particularly hard to dox. You probably aren't either. You're not new to the internet... you should know how all this works.

Pseudonyms != anonymous

• 1Picard

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, I'm pretty sure I've given enough info on this board, that someone could find my name, home address, phone number etc, if they wanted to.

• 1Solidarity

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
People bout to bust kneecaps over a paychecks worth of BTC?
BTC has increased 94736.5% since 2013. I'm not saying it does that again, but it isn't crazy to think that a small $ value of crypto today could be a ton later on. Plenty of stories of people being kidnapped and/or robbed for posting too much info online around crypto.

Its not hard to find the stories. Bitcoin is fantastic at avoiding a 6102 type event, but you're still vulnerable to the crowbar

Lightning Fast
Well, thank you for the last few pages of posts. Assuming you are representative, It's really illuminated the mindset of people who are believers in the future of BTC and the crypto space for me.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Well, thank you for the last few pages of posts. Assuming you are representative, It's really illuminated the mindset of people who are believers in the future of BTC and the crypto space for me.
Sorry I hurt your feelings. I did try to fully explain my position and why I feel the way I do. Maybe we can be friends later pal. Hope TRU goes to the moon, just for you.

Lightning Fast
Sorry I hurt your feelings. I did try to fully explain my position and why I feel the way I do. Maybe we can be friends later pal. Hope TRU goes to the moon, just for you.
Hurt my feelings? WTF? You really are delusional. And I don't even have any TRU right now, I've just been watching it.

James may have missed TRU so far, but he was right about you.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Not complaining, celebrating actually, but I was really hoping for a bigger dip to buy in on before this spike. Anyway :toot:

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
BTC has increased 94736.5% since 2013. I'm not saying it does that again, but it isn't crazy to think that a small $ value of crypto today could be a ton later on. Plenty of stories of people being kidnapped and/or robbed for posting too much info online around crypto.

Its not hard to find the stories. Bitcoin is fantastic at avoiding a 6102 type event, but you're still vulnerable to the crowbar

My takeaway: Don't live in South Africa

• 1Solidarity