Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crypto bounced because the stock markets have. Plain and simple. There is no technical reason for any crypto relief today, other than stock market bounce.

Until some specific coin has a catalyst for a real move higher, they're bound to market moves for the time being.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Crypto bounced because the stock markets have. Plain and simple. There is no technical reason for any crypto relief today, other than stock market bounce.

Until some specific coin has a catalyst for a real move higher, they're bound to market moves for the time being.
Agreed. And when I say 'technical' it's literally just looking at what tradingview is saying for the support levels on the various charts (1min, 5min, 1hr, etc).

I also read some of the 'ideas' that people post there, but most of them are all over the place and I don't think ANY of them are talking about this correlation with the overall market. Because of that I look at most of them as just noise.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Remember when crypto was excited about the "institutional herd"?

Well, this is the result.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
1643072860731.png

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Damn, Saylor is so cringe.

Him being on their side must be really tough for the crypto bulls.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Apparently they're having network issues that cause it to go down for some periods. Haven't looked too in depth at it cause it looks like junk to me, but having what amounts to outages spooks people methinks.

That makes sense, because from the way SOL is moving compared to other dipped things, I'm not getting the impression that it has anywhere near the consumer confidence that the other major coins on my radar have. Looks like a lot more people are abandoning ship than buying the dip.

I was THIS close to buying a bunch of SOL back in Sept, so I guess I dodged one bullet.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The possibility definitely exists that the top coins that end up "making it" if (when) crypto gets mass adoption and ends up powering Web3 aren't in the current top ten or maybe even haven't been created yet.

The current top "use case" coins (ETH, BTC, SOL, etc) all have pretty serious issues.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
sounds like more kicking the can down the road to me

I haven't seen anything indicating they are extending timelines or changing objectives. Everything I've seen just says they are changing the terminology. Did I miss something or are you just doing Bitcoin Maxi stuff?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I haven't seen anything indicating they are extending timelines or changing objectives. Everything I've seen just says they are changing the terminology. Did I miss something or are you just doing Bitcoin Maxi stuff?
Agreed. That's what the linked article says if you read it. The headline is very misleading.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Look into the history of Eth 2.0. Its not "Maxi stuff" to accurately describe the continued delays to this "upgrade". They're changing definitions for a number of reasons I'm sure, but one of which is probably that they've been promising 2.0 or "consensus" layer by the 'end of the year' since at least 2019. Now its 50% complete.

EDIT: Here is a Twitter thread documenting every single Eth 2.0 delay. You can call it "Maxi stuff" if you want, but its simply documentation of factual events

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Look into the history of Eth 2.0. Its not "Maxi stuff" to accurately describe the continued delays to this "upgrade". They're changing definitions for a number of reasons I'm sure, but one of which is probably that they've been promising 2.0 or "consensus" layer by the 'end of the year' since at least 2019. Now its 50% complete.

I'm familiar with the history of ETH 2.0. From what I'm seeing the only change they are announcing is the name change. Not the timeline or the goals. I was trying to figure out if Torrid had information I hadn't seen yet, or if it was just an assumption based on his BTC bias.

I'm not emotionally invested either way, but I do like to gather as much information as I can. I've just learned that when you get information from a maxi (any maxi) you've got to be really careful about taking it at face value.

• 1Truth!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm familiar with the history of ETH 2.0. From what I'm seeing the only change they are announcing is the name change. Not the timeline or the goals. I was trying to figure out if Torrid had information I hadn't seen yet, or if it was just an assumption based on his BTC bias.

I'm not emotionally invested either way, but I do like to gather as much information as I can. I've just learned that when you get information from a maxi (any maxi) you've got to be really careful about taking it at face value.
Saying its 50% done is a change to the timeline so far as I'm aware. I don't pay much attention to ETH stuff these days, but last I heard PoS was supposed to merge to the main chain late 2021 to early 2022. 50% is a far cry from that.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Hard things are hard, and take longer than expected.

Also on tonight's news, water is wet.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Hard things are hard, and take longer than expected.
We could stop climate change, keep donating, just a few more years
We could stop racism, vote for us again, just a few more years
We're gunna fix income inequality, 50% there!
We're gunna stop the spread, just a few more weeks

Hard things are hard, but sometimes you're getting scammed. You'd think people would be getting better at noticing the difference at this point.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Well for starters, the June 2022 date was only recently set in December in an 'upgrade' they ironically (or appropriately) called 'Arrow Glacier' which sole purpose was to delay the 'ice age' yet again. So this timeline they're supposedly adhering to was set all of a month ago.

Secondly, calling the proof of work chain a layer and using a Dragon Ball Z fusion dance meme suggests that it will not go away. ETH2's proof of stake chain was supposed to replace it. Furthermore doing a rebrand of sorts a mere 5 months from the merge just to 'avoid confusion' after years of using ETH2 nomenclature seems odd.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users