Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for all the advice Arden and Flobee, I'll look into all of that and figure it out in the next couple of days. Much appreciated!

Yeah dude, good luck. Don't get too down, you may be underwater for a little while but Bitcoin always rebounds higher than before. No reason to think it won't this time too. And think about it this way, you could be one of the poor bastards that bought in at 68000

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I only own BTC.

Next halving is 2024 or so, should see over 100k about 6-8 months after the halving.

Patience is key.

I stay far far away from altcoins.

I would only worry about a wallet if you have a significant amount of crypto.

You can fuck yourself by managing it yourself, too, there's always a risk no matter which route you take.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MrSpitz

Molten Core Raider
I think there’s a real possibility that Russia has inadvertently shown all crypto could be worthless as a currency outside closed blockchain environments

you can’t easily spend or utilize it
It is very easily traceable - contrary to previous theories and evidenced by fbi seizures and it’s lack of use in evading sanctions
If it wasn’t easily traceable, it really would be a huge black market support to Russia in a very real (not just oh the US treasury boogie man says so ) - and I would venture outside the hardcore crypto anarchists few would like is
They mostly utilize a tremendous amount of energy - which is now scarcer and pricier

I don’t have money invested anymore and don’t care what it does, but outside analyzing the drop, does it actually serve any function currently and can it ever? A very traceable, cumbersome to use, energy intensive, piece of code backed 90% by the premise that others have gotten rich off of it?

Part of a closed system like axie infinity where it supports a decent product ? Sure. Very novel way to fund and create a closed environment.

• 1Let's Go Brandon!

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Onoes Onoes buying bitcoin two weeks ago should pretty much be the nail in the coffin for Crypto IMO. Not surprisingly, in true Onoes fashion, he appears to be taking a small Central American nation (El Salvador) down with him.

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Wowsers.
Looks like the coin market is starting to look like the opening scenes of Road Warrior.
Chachunk cachunk. Goooooone now

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Btc is down 58% from ATH

Even though the markets are still being propped up, a ton of individual stocks are down the same or more.

Btc follows the markets for the most part, and can often be an indicator of what the markets will do during after hours.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Briefly, tether has become a linchpin upon which the entire crypto market rests. It's been revealed recently that tether might be largely smoke and mirrors. Even if it's not smoke and mirrors, if a substantial portion of the tether holders were to suddenly decide that they no longer had faith in tether and cash out for USD, the crypto market would crash.

So, either way, it seems like the crypto market has a super tenuous foundation. You should look it up, because I'm not really doing it justice. But the impression I got from the last time I took a look at it was that it might be better off for the crypto market to start over under a better foundation. Because right now it's built on an inverse House of cards.

Posted this back in Dec of last year

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like someone market sold about 500 bitcoin on Kraken EUR/BTC pair. Ouch.

1652353571456.png

MachRed

Molten Core Raider
I was a casualty of the Iron/Titan thing and Luna = Titan. Watch the supply of Luna go into the trillions like Titan has.

My butthole is so tight having narrowly escaped the Luna fiasco, going forward I'm fucking done with alts and 100% of new funds towards btc only.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Onoes Onoes buying bitcoin two weeks ago should pretty much be the nail in the coffin for Crypto IMO. Not surprisingly, in true Onoes fashion, he appears to be taking a small Central American nation (El Salvador) down with him.

If I'm going down I shall take them all with me! ;)

But yeah, I was joking with a friend this morning that if there are any other investments he wants to see tank to just let know and I'll dump some money into them. Should be 0 in no time!

I really don't understand peoples inclination to panic and sell at a loss though. I guess my brain just goes "This money is gone.. or maybe I'll get a bunch in the future" when I put it in. It will either go up or go to 0 with my money in it. Maybe that's partly a sunk cost thing, but yeah... I think I'm just kind of an all in or all out kind of guy. You know, as evidenced by every decision I've ever made.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm down like $30k in cyrpto since Nov 1.

Down about $8500 here.

I've been wanting a Tesla for about a year now and my objective was to make enough profit via crypto to be able to get a Tesla. That was it. Don't need to be a millionaire, just wanted that car before gas prices reached crisis levels.

Now the funny thing is, in October I actually had enough built up to get a Tesla if I'd sprung for it then, as I was up 2.5x or so overall. However I sat on it and messed around with Shiba Inu and shit. Now I'm way down and the Tesla is back to being out of reach (plus it's gone up about $6k in price in the same timeframe). Meanwhile gas prices are gouging me to the tune of like $300 a month. So basically my best-laid plans crashed in a field.

• 1Diamond Hands

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was a casualty of the Iron/Titan thing and Luna = Titan. Watch the supply of Luna go into the trillions like Titan has.

My butthole is so tight having narrowly escaped the Luna fiasco, going forward I'm fucking done with alts and 100% of new funds towards btc only.

That's where I ended up. The alts were fun for a while but I'm done after the Shiba fiasco.

Got a question for the room: What program do people recommend for Bitcoin mining? I suppose this is a bad time to start (since I'll make less per day) but I'm preparing to go all-in with accumulation (working extra time and putting excess money into BTC) while this 20's run is going on. Never sold so I'm still dwindling on my mid-30's buy, but so it goes.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That's where I ended up. The alts were fun for a while but I'm done after the Shiba fiasco.

Got a question for the room: What program do people recommend for Bitcoin mining? I suppose this is a bad time to start (since I'll make less per day) but I'm preparing to go all-in with accumulation (working extra time and putting excess money into BTC) while this 20's run is going on. Never sold so I'm still dwindling on my mid-30's buy, but so it goes.

Use the NiceHash calculator to show if it's actually profitable for you. Use your last power bill to reference the accurate rate you're being charged per kwh. Then use NiceHash to GPU mine BTC.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

I've never mined, but people in the know suggest Braiins OS+ | Autotuning mining firmware + Slushpool. No personal experience though

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Trying to remember/find where I saw this...

But in one LUNA discussion group there's apparently an ongoing suicide thread now....