Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Most of the major cold storage wallets work out of the box with BTC and ETH. Like Tmac said above, Exodus is a great third party app to view balances without needing to connect your cold storage device to a PC. I use a Trezor and monitor balances with Exodus

I just store everything in Exodus. I don't particularly love cold storage bc of convenience. Technically, cold storage is probably better.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Most of the major cold storage wallets work out of the box with BTC and ETH. Like Tmac said above, Exodus is a great third party app to view balances without needing to connect your cold storage device to a PC. I use a Trezor and monitor balances with Exodus
Thanks, just purchased a Trezor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Worth noting that when you're using someone elses server to check your UTXOs (whats in your 'wallet) you are providing them with your IP and connecting that to your holdings. Some may not care about this, but for BTC I think its worth running a node locally and running something like Sparrow on your PC to check UTXOs against a node that you control. That way you're not exposing yourself to the logging that these servers are 100% doing.

That being said because of how ETH works you really don't have a choice. Generally speaking no one runs ETH nodes except Infura.

• 1Like

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
I have been looking up BTC forecasts. Most is forcasting it to go sideways for a couple more years, and then only double in value after that, no real ramp up till 2028 or thereabouts.

Any of you feel that or nah?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I have been looking up BTC forecasts. Most is forcasting it to go sideways for a couple more years, and then only double in value after that, no real ramp up till 2028 or thereabouts.

Next halving is 2024. That would generally be around the time you'd see price movement. Macro environment permitting. Bitcoin has never existed in a macro bear market, so we'll see

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Funny, I saw a headline (didn't care to click the article) about some guy predicting $250k by the end of 2023. I think you crypto people are hilarious. Every year people think it'll be $100k by the end of the (current year).

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Funny, I saw a headline (didn't care to click the article) about some guy predicting $250k by the end of 2023. I think you crypto people are hilarious. Every year people think it'll be $100k by the end of the (current year).
Elon Musk Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was thinking that the next halting was Q2 2023, but Flobee Flobee is correct, so sideways movement is to be expected.

I already made bank selling my BTC at $60K, so I’m in a reasonably good place already, even if BTC never takes off again.

Still have faith in BTC being bullish eventually, albeit with diminishing returns. Probably around 4X ( which would still be extremely good investment ) Do not think we will see 100X parabolic return from BTC run again.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I mean, it's not tough to find crazy people making wild predictions about anything on the Internet... Look at Jerome Powell's speech last week, for example.

• 1Worf

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I simply think of crypto as an opportunity to diversify my assets. I hedge with other more traditional options, but hit and hope with BTC/ETH. I’m in it for the long haul. I think my total investment is somewhere in 5% of total assets

• 1Like

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Sold at almost the exact top, huh? What was your cost basis?
Cost basis as in original purchase price of which captital gain tax is calculated off of? I put in approximately 13.7K and got 136K so 122K was taxed at 22.5%. Cheers :emoji_beers:!

Planning to dump around 94K USD into BTC sometimes in January. Fingers crossed :emoji_fingers_crossed: I know that might be a lot but if all goes well in the next 4 or 5 years, the reaped benefit would be massive for me and then out of crypto, probably for good.

• 1Mother of God

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cost basis as in original purchase price of which captital gain tax is calculated off of? I put in approximately 13.7K and got 136K so 122K was taxed at 22.5%. Cheers :emoji_beers:!

Planning to dump around 94K USD into BTC sometimes in January. Fingers crossed :emoji_fingers_crossed: I know that might be a lot but if all goes well in the next 4 or 5 years, the reaped benefit would be massive for me and then out of crypto, probably for good.
Why not, honestly, just split your risk?

Dump half into Bitcoin and the other half into some actual stock market ETFs?

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Why not, honestly, just split your risk?

Dump half into Bitcoin and the other half into some actual stock market ETFs?

BTC is not the only coin I have. I also do have a small portfolio outside of crypto of which I plan to expanse further into diverse areas, including stocks ;).

• 1Like