Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Buying on the back of a 26% gain in 8 days sure feels like chasing. Buying now feels like you're late to the party. You should have bought 7 days ago.

But who the hell knows? It could go up 200% in the next month. Normal rules don't exactly apply in these times

Well yeah buying today would be chasing probably. Thus the reason I'm lamenting that I didn't buy last Friday.

Normal rules don't apply but pay attention long enough and you can call some shit. Not the first time I've called out a big gain before it happened. I've just been broke since starting chemo in 2016, haven't been able to invest despite the fact that I watch the markets.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it's not at $60k you're not chasing.

Probably true. That's why I said "feels like." I hate buying on the back of a big gain, but I have zero doubt we will get back above 60k, so (like you said) buying at 28k isn't chasing.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Kind of like my opinion on some of the market. Inflated the economy with so much money it has to go somehwere eventually as it works through the economy.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
And now BTC up 37% since the SVB shit on March 10th. As if half the people that withdrew their money just stuck it straight into crypto lol.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1679369613112.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And now BTC up 37% since the SVB shit on March 10th. As if half the people that withdrew their money just stuck it straight into crypto lol.
The SVB liquidity crisis was caused by a coordinated group of VCs who are deeply into crypto. Approximately 20 VCs told their seed-funded companies to all withdraw on the same day, to intentionally cause a bank run.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The SVB liquidity crisis was caused by a coordinated group of VCs who are deeply into crypto. Approximately 20 VCs told their seed-funded companies to all withdraw on the same day, to intentionally cause a bank run.
I understand that. But I'm fairly sure a SIGNIFICANT portion of the people that pulled money out must have put it into crypto. Check the chart for the last month, the low point is the morning of the 10th, the same day the SVB crisis hit. And prices have gone up THAT much since that moment 10 days ago. I don't think it's a coincidence, and it's exactly what I predicted when I told my friend to buy ETH that day.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Should I even bother asking whether that's legal and if not, will they be punished for it?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I'm an idiot misread your post Mist. You were confirming not denying. Tired.

But yeah as far as my thought process, didn't need insider info to realize "a whole bunch of tech guys all of a sudden have a ton of liquid cash on hand, and aren't going to be super willing to put it in other banks. They're either gonna 'shove it under their mattress' or put it in crypto."

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
SVB issues go a lot deeper than some coordinated VC attack. That could very well be true, but the underlying issue is all the underwater treasuries that SVB... and every single other bank in the world is holding right now from the printing bonanza in 2020 while interest rates were sub 1%. Until those treasuries roll off and/or rates come back down there will continue to be banking issues and bailouts required. The FED caused this, not some VCs

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
SVB issues go a lot deeper than some coordinated VC attack. That could very well be true, but the underlying issue is all the underwater treasuries that SVB... and every single other bank in the world is holding right now from the printing bonanza in 2020 while interest rates were sub 1%. Until those treasuries roll off and/or rates come back down there will continue to be banking issues and bailouts required. The FED caused this, not some VCs
Almost no bank can survive companies linked to a mere 20 people withdrawing 42 billion in 24 hours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Seems like the strategy is to attack crypto indirectly by attacking all of the exchanges. I guess the idea is if you make crypto hard to buy, you can kill mass adoption

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Seems like the strategy is to attack crypto indirectly by attacking all of the exchanges. I guess the idea is if you make crypto hard to buy, you can kill mass adoption
It's all still coming around to what the Spank folks are hitting. So long as to survive it has to turn into dollars , then all you have to do it attack the on and off ramps. That will starve the ecosystem. And any real world thing you might think to buy with crypto is a real world business that still needs real world money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
It's all still coming around to what the Spank folks are hitting. So long as to survive it has to turn into dollars , then all you have to do it attack the on and off ramps. That will starve the ecosystem. And any real world thing you might think to buy with crypto is a real world business that still needs real world money.

but that misses the goal of crypto. mass adoption doesn't mean ease of on/off ramping. mass adoption of crypto means you won't have to.

1679655626870.png