Black Adam (2021)

Xerge

<Donor>
Holy fuck
"It's been a while since someone made the universe this nervous. Let's talk"

spronk

FPS noob
social media impressions are out and those guys tend to be super positive about everything (dont wanna piss anyone off) but it sounds just like an average cape movie with no real substance

WB is deleting the post credits scene as fast as they can, this will likely get deleted in an hour as well

mirror

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nerds cheering in the movie theaters is the worst.

Last edited:
  • 13Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I watched Blade in a movie theater with an audience that was mostly black and I thought that was pretty fucking terrible but fanboy audiences are even worse. I remember dumb fucks leading a letter by letter cheer of "Star Wars" before TFA played.

Edit: also, obligatory shocked reaction to jayrebb being wrong about something in the industry.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I watched Blade in a movie theater with an audience that was mostly black and I thought that was pretty fucking terrible but fanboy audiences are even worse. I remember dumb fucks leading a letter by letter cheer of "Star Wars" before TFA played.

Edit: also, obligatory shocked reaction to jayrebb being wrong about something in the industry.
i too had the same experience, i watched romeo must die in the virginia hood, and other than a bunch
200w.gif

when jet li did jet li stuff and the soundtrack came on (cuz dmx was in the film)
5335b3c1-88a7-4d03-a04f-2ea4cddad4ef_text.gif

it was fine, just had to run out of the theatre quick

and yea, tfa w/ nerds was way worse, my wife is like "why the hell is everyone screaming, it's annoying"
not wrong

spronk

FPS noob
i enjoyed it when i watched some random denzel washington movie and two fat older black chicks a few rows in front of me would constantly murmur "oh yeah baby, thats how you do it"

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
i enjoyed it when i watched some random denzel washington movie and two fat older black chicks a few rows in front of me would constantly murmur "oh yeah baby, thats how you do it"
If that's your thing, a rib joint would be cheaper and you'd get a meal out it. The right atmosphere can be a positive tho, I agree.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It was over 6 to 8 months old and wasn't something I was looking at. Harshaw had the latest.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Had the same experience seeing the Samuel Jackson Shaft remake back in college with some friends. Older black guy with some of the gold Elvis glasses comes in and sits in front of us.

The entire movie it was:

Betta watch out, Shafts commin'
Ahhh, you done fucked up now
Don't be fucking with Shaft
Etc

We all had a pretty good laugh throughout the movie, and it wasn't supposed to be a comedy.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The fact that they're losing their minds over what's essentially an advertisement is just sad
couterpoint: the movie is good, full of excitement that draws you in, as well as acknowledging that henry cavil is a great superman despite WB not knowing what to do with him.

i mean, i doubt it, but could be!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Maybe Rock should be the Kevin Feige of DC. He seems to actually care about giving the fans what they want to see. Pushed really hard to get this Superman thing done and actually build something for the future. Imagine that, building the next movie instead of all of the movies being unconnected one-offs.

WB execs are probably fuming that Rock went and got something over without their genius planning being involved. Now they have to make a Superman 2 and actually act like a cinematic universe, however briefly.

This was supposed to be another one-off, dammit! It's like when CM Punk was supposed to be "John Cena's Opponent of the Month" in 2011 and personally turned their program into a massively talked-about water cooler moment just by knowing what the fans wanted to see.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Maybe Rock should be the Kevin Feige of DC. He seems to actually care about giving the fans what they want to see. Pushed really hard to get this Superman thing done and actually build something for the future. Imagine that, building the next movie instead of all of the movies being unconnected one-offs.

WB execs are probably fuming that Rock went and got something over without their genius planning being involved. Now they have to make a Superman 2 and actually act like a cinematic universe, however briefly.

This was supposed to be another one-off, dammit! It's like when CM Punk was supposed to be "John Cena's Opponent of the Month" in 2011 and personally turned their program into a massively talked-about water cooler moment just by knowing what the fans wanted to see.
This post screams of "damned if you do..."

After the mcu started rolling, wb starts making justice league and it didn't work because no one was attached to the characters. We barely had any individual focus for those characters and the number 1 criticism was that wb needed to take it's time with the dc universe. Then they start doing that; putting blinders on and just focusing on the movie they are making, and people start whining about extended universes and how irritating it is that they aren't building towards team up movies...

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
People losing their shit in the theatre for no reason is annoying as fuck, true. But I remember watching Aliens and that moment when she hits the platform with the kid and the ship is gone, and the theatre went dead fucking quiet... only to have the ship come up over the ledge and driving the theatre fucking crazy was awesome.

Goatface

when we were in high school used to go to $1 movie night on tuesdays and yell at the screen the whole movie. most times it was few rows of people we knew with maybe half dozen others. once it was just our group of 8ish and 2 other people. which happened to be a dad and his teen daughter, he threaten to fight me during movie. he was yelling so loud, they turned the lights on and the manager came in and took him out.

• 1Garbage

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only did obnoxious things in a theater for one movie...

Rocky Horror Picture Show.....

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This post screams of "damned if you do..."

After the mcu started rolling, wb starts making justice league and it didn't work because no one was attached to the characters. We barely had any individual focus for those characters and the number 1 criticism was that wb needed to take it's time with the dc universe. Then they start doing that; putting blinders on and just focusing on the movie they are making, and people start whining about extended universes and how irritating it is that they aren't building towards team up movies...

I mean, they're not building towards anything. They went from one extreme to the other.

"Let's rush team-up movies out ASAP" to "Let's make lots of unconnected one-offs and maybe someday have a team-up who knows"

Going from one extreme to the other is lame, and both suck.

They could give individual focus to characters, take their time, AND build a cohesive universe with something actually on the horizon.

j00t

I mean, they're not building towards anything. They went from one extreme to the other.

"Let's rush team-up movies out ASAP" to "Let's make lots of unconnected one-offs and maybe someday have a team-up who knows"

Going from one extreme to the other is lame, and both suck.

They could give individual focus to characters, take their time, AND build a cohesive universe with something actually on the horizon.
i just mean that what you were saying is common criticisms and it makes it pretty clear that wb doesn't know how to handle their property. they are listening to the audience but their take away completely misses the actual criticism.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna go see it. I'm beyond done with superhero movies but then I realized that's mostly Marvel.

If DC is beginning to straighten out its act I'm down.