Black Adam (2021)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw it tonight. I have not really liked any DC movie so far. I mean, some were coolish, but boring at the same time. This kept my attention. Had quite a few chuckle parts. Very enjoyable. I liked it. I know it had 1 after credit scene. I didn't stay for a possible second one, though.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. Going in with close to zero expectations certainly helps.
Tonally and thematically, it's all over the place, and it's got as many holes in it as swiss cheese, but I enjoyed seeing a 'good' super hero with zero fucks given and no qualms about wasting the bad guys.

Just the one credit scene.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. Going in with close to zero expectations certainly helps.
Tonally and thematically, it's all over the place, and it's got as many holes in it as swiss cheese, but I enjoyed seeing a 'good' super hero with zero fucks given and no qualms about wasting the bad guys.

Just the one credit scene.
yeah i agree. i think the tonal issues wouldn't have been there if they gave some of these scenes time to breath. every second of every scene, something is happening. i feel like it really could have benefited from some pregnant pauses, letting moments hang in the air a little. some of the scenes have kind of jarring transitions and slowing down a little might have made that a little smoother.

but overall, it was fine. this felt less like a dc movie, and more like a marvel movie with their liberal use of cg. but yeah, it was fine

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I saw it tonight. I have not really liked any DC movie so far. I mean, some were coolish, but boring at the same time. This kept my attention. Had quite a few chuckle parts. Very enjoyable. I liked it. I know it had 1 after credit scene. I didn't stay for a possible second one, though.
No love for Shazam! I will say I think WW was rated so highly because the bar has been set so low and I still don't know why I enjoyed Aquaman so much. Think it was so cheesy I just enjoyed it

I haven't seen this but I feel like Shazam needs to meet up with Black Adam

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
No love for Shazam! I will say I think WW was rated so highly because the bar has been set so low and I still don't know why I enjoyed Aquaman so much. Think it was so cheesy I just enjoyed it
aint nothing wrong with silly fun. batman 66 is still a solid experience. not everything has to be super cereal.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Low critics, high audience is generally a good sign. Means it's what you want in a superhero movie and low on woke bullshit.
Yea I'm a bit surprised the “critics” are shitting on this considering the cast. Hollywood is probably upset Black Adam isn’t gay and sucking off villians to show them the error of their ways.

Oh well. Wouldn’t have given this movie a second thought had it not been for the ratioing of the critic reviews.

Sounds fun a fun flick. Will give it a go.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yea I'm a bit surprised the “critics” are shitting on this considering the cast. Hollywood is probably upset Black Adam isn’t gay and sucking off villians to show them the error of their ways.

Oh well. Wouldn’t have given this movie a second thought had it not been for the ratioing of the critic reviews.

Sounds fun a fun flick. Will give it a go.

I expect Man of Steel 2 to get hatemail from critics, not even reviews.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1st half or even 1st 1/4th of the movie was pretty decent. Then it all went downhill and anything with the little kid and "the people" was pretty fucking awful writing. The Rock was great in this and had some great lines. The supporting heroes were good too, I'm unfamiliar with Hawkman's power levels but he seemed to be fucking taking a beating. Fate was great because of Brosnan. Atom Smasher was little used but very Ant-Man in his use of humor. Cyclone was good too, they didn't GIRL GENIUS too hard, but her powers looked like a fucking shitshow. The actress herself did well though.

If they had matched the 2nd half with the 1st slow-mo action scene it could've been pretty good, but they opted for more an Avengers 1 style and it kind of worked? The whole "people's champion" (lol) thing got realllll tiring. I'm sure some people will flip their fucking toupees when they hear a skateboarding middle eastern 11 year old call a white mercenary an "imperialist colonizer" too. I just kind of laughed at how absurd the whole kids character is. Outwits Mercenaries with skateboard shenanigans like a fucking B-tier 80's movie.

Overall 6/10. Rock was good, other heroes good or decent. Writing real bad.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah the kid with his stupid skateboard was dumb. there's a scene where he's going down a stairwell running from bad guys and he picks up his board, goes down a couple stairs, then hops on his skateboard for literally 2 feet, then jumps off and runs down some more stairs.

like, buddy... your identity is more than just your skateboard. you don't need to ride it at every possible second

Haus

<Silver Donator>
yeah the kid with his stupid skateboard was dumb. there's a scene where he's going down a stairwell running from bad guys and he picks up his board, goes down a couple stairs, then hops on his skateboard for literally 2 feet, then jumps off and runs down some more stairs.

like, buddy... your identity is more than just your skateboard. you don't need to ride it at every possible second
Gotta push the merch.. man...
1666392659732.png

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
1st half or even 1st 1/4th of the movie was pretty decent. Then it all went downhill and anything with the little kid and "the people" was pretty fucking awful writing. The Rock was great in this and had some great lines. The supporting heroes were good too, I'm unfamiliar with Hawkman's power levels but he seemed to be fucking taking a beating. Fate was great because of Brosnan. Atom Smasher was little used but very Ant-Man in his use of humor. Cyclone was good too, they didn't GIRL GENIUS too hard, but her powers looked like a fucking shitshow. The actress herself did well though.

If they had matched the 2nd half with the 1st slow-mo action scene it could've been pretty good, but they opted for more an Avengers 1 style and it kind of worked? The whole "people's champion" (lol) thing got realllll tiring. I'm sure some people will flip their fucking toupees when they hear a skateboarding middle eastern 11 year old call a white mercenary an "imperialist colonizer" too. I just kind of laughed at how absurd the whole kids character is. Outwits Mercenaries with skateboard shenanigans like a fucking B-tier 80's movie.

Overall 6/10. Rock was good, other heroes good or decent. Writing real bad.
Your dumb fucking opinion is enough for me to go see this now. Thanks buddy

• 4Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is this movie somehow outperforming The Woman King? I kept reading what a smash success it was from breathless twitter journalists.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 438798

54%? Did The Rock say something Problematic or get outed for donating to Republicans or something?

fris

Vyemm Raider
Didn't he publicly endorce Biden for 2020? I'm surprised he doesn't have the woke backing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Movie was alright. Most of the Black Adam direct stuff was cool, a lot of the supporting cast was pretty cringe.

I think it could have needed a better editor.