Black Adam (2021)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm struggling here. Black Adam is a "rebellious kind of superhero".

I know DC like to overplay the multiverse thing but this is stretching it a bit. Or is this just the case of another actor not having any idea of who they're playing?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well, its not a trailer. there was no movie footage, just a bunch of artistic cutouts dancing around. so is Kondok the DC version of Wakanda?

kahndaq is more akin to doom's latveria. the relevance of it has everything to do with the person in charge.

it's sort of egypt-adjacent and a predominantly muslim culture without the stringent rules of typical muslims. i know that trailer/video game intro makes it sound like kahndaq is like atlantis or wakanda, but it's basically just this country that was well known 5000 years ago. and magic was sort of a normal thing 5000 years ago.

but yeah, i think that doom's relationship with latveria is probably the best analogue. black adam rules kahndaq with an iron fist, he's an absolute dictator, but he also loves his country and will burn the rest of the world if they even look at it sideways

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm struggling here. Black Adam is a "rebellious kind of superhero".

I know DC like to overplay the multiverse thing but this is stretching it a bit. Or is this just the case of another actor not having any idea of who they're playing?

my guess is that they want black adam to be relatable. i'm sure he'll do some terrible things but it will be "for the greater good." the rock just oozes charisma so i don't think they'll want to waste that on him being a despot

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

yeah, Black Adam is the first champion of the gods/wizard council like 5000years ago. goes powermad. gets sealed away.
Billy gets the power. Either he or Sivana releases Black Adam, depending on the version. Adam tries to claim the power from Billy. Billy tricks him into saying Shazam. Black adam 5000 yrs old, crumbles to dust. gets revived later. Goes looking for Billy. But also chills out. gets his powers back, but leaves to go back to Kahndaq and free it from its leaders.
falls in love with Adrianna Tomaz, a refugee/slave gifted to him. (he kills the intergang slavers) Gives her the Amulet of Isis. Asks Billy to empower it. She becomes Isis.

her murder>world war 3.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is definitely the DC property I'm most looking forward too, especially with the JSA included. Feel like Rock has a solid connection with the material, and would not surprise me if JSA ends up being what the Justice League should have been.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm cautiously optimistic, although that teaser was obviously a quick CGI generated snip just so they'd have something to show.

Eeeeehhhh....I like the rock. I want this to be good. I had hoped the rock would do Lobo.

Now, and hear me out here. If you really want a former wrestler for Lobo, and you're willing to be flexible on how buff he is for the sake of getting the lobo character (since it will be a ton of CGI anyways probably), might I suggest one Mick Foley? Essentially some variation of Cactus Jack. If you really want to need the body at the risk of the right personality go get HHH. If you're going to CGI deage them , go Ron Perlman.

• 1Garbage

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm cautiously optimistic, although that teaser was obviously a quick CGI generated snip just so they'd have something to show.

Now, and hear me out here. If you really want a former wrestler for Lobo, and you're willing to be flexible on how buff he is for the sake of getting the lobo character (since it will be a ton of CGI anyways probably), might I suggest one Mick Foley? Essentially some variation of Cactus Jack. If you really want to need the body at the risk of the right personality go get HHH. If you're going to CGI deage them , go Ron Perlman.
Ron Pearlman as Lobo? :trump:

• 3Barf

spronk

FPS noob
looks like last week of filming, Rock sounds like he is super into the movie hope it is good. The release date is July 29th, 2022

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
this could make we wuz kangz cool again

rock looks fully depleted in the cheeks, the conditioning and dedication. should come off well on camera

hes never been this tight before.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
looks like last week of filming, Rock sounds like he is super into the movie hope it is good. The release date is July 29th, 2022

49 years old.

step brothers mf GIF

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chefs and nutritionists. Aaaaand a lotta roids would make my dead grandpa look good.
You are forgetting the number of hours in the gym it takes. That ain't just a jab and "poof" hulk.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Xerge

<Donor>
The man unpacks a trailer's worth of gym gear where ever he goes. Roids or not he puts in the work. This movie gonna be sick..

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The man unpacks a trailer's worth of gym gear where ever he goes. Roids or not he puts in the work. This movie gonna be sick..

black adam was always a super VILLIAN, where is this antihero stuff?

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage