Black Adam (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
How does Black Adam go on a rampage without Superman showing up?

If they planned this shit out, this movie could have been between BvS and Justice League where Superman is dead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

If they planned this shit out, this movie could have been between BvS and Justice League where Superman is dead.

That argument can be made with every stand-alone comic/superhero movie.

It's a comic, it doesn't need to be logical, just fun.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Should be a fun time - I wonder which kind of timeline this is in or maybe a different earth.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
That argument can be made with every stand-alone comic/superhero movie.

It's a comic, it doesn't need to be logical, just fun.
I think that the MCU is better insulated against this as heroes have lower power levels and you just need to handwave them not calling each other for backup.

An actual godlike being who can hear trouble from miles away and arrive in seconds... it's a bit different.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think that the MCU is better insulated against this as heroes have lower power levels and you just need to handwave them not calling each other for backup.

An actual godlike being who can hear trouble from miles away and arrive in seconds... it's a bit different.
Superman ignored Black Adam because he didnt want to be accused of thinking Black Adam was bad just because he is Black. Supes is avoiding the BLM protests that would follow.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Black Adam is sort of like Dr Doom where he has a lot of "diplomatic immunity" shit he can pull out of his ass due to being the head of state of a country. Not sure if the movie will address Kandaq or not.

ShakyJake

<Donor>

Captain Marvel is the one that would show up. Is he in this movie?

Trailer was extremely mediocre.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

the majority of stuff happens in New York or LA areas. You’re telling me no one else woulda shown up during the invasion of New York in Avengers because “they didn’t hear it”?

Chris

Potato del Grande
the majority of stuff happens in New York or LA areas. You’re telling me no one else woulda shown up during the invasion of New York in Avengers because “they didn’t hear it”?
Who else was there at that time?

Chris

Potato del Grande
every sorcerer (including the ancient one) at the New York branch and really, all of the rest of them as well since they are all connected.
Yeah you gotta suspend disbelief for some of it. Maybe they were too far away, didn't get there in time, were defending themselves or hung back while they figured out WTF was going on.

I don't think that their power level or willingness to intervene is high enough for this to be a huge problem.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah you gotta suspend disbelief for some of it.

I don't think that their power level or willingness to intervene is high enough for this to be a huge problem

Point 1: I mean, that was my original point you were taking exception with. It doesn't need to make sense, it just needs to be entertaining.

Point 2: I mean, they couldn't fight Thanos's army, but they could fight The Mad Titan Thanos (who wields almost god-level abilities) AND his armies that have destroyed multiple worlds across the galaxy?

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It's better because you need to just "handwave" it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The ancient one was shown fighting during the invasion in End Game. She also said Strange was performing surgery, probably on a casualty of the attack.

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Superman ignored Black Adam because he didnt want to be accused of thinking Black Adam was bad just because he is Black. Supes is avoiding the BLM protests that would follow.

Superman doesn't give a shit... it would be pretty hard for BLM to burn down The Fortress Of Solitude.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Word is The Rock wants Henry Cavill in any potential movies he's in. Doesn't like the recast movement or go sit in a corner shit WB Is doing.

Pressure is being applied by Dwayne Johnson to keep Henry Cavill as supes in any potential movies that would also have him in it. This is a common sentiment among DC castmates. WB is holding out against a lot of internal pressure.

• 1Like