Black Adam (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

joz123

Potato del Grande
Superman already wasn't performing up to WB's standards before.

How is Black Adam being a moderate "success" going to reorganize DC?
Because it's "Black" Adam.

Think About It GIF by Identity

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Rock talked a lot of shit, leveraged himself against the DC people, and failed at the Box Office.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Make a quality movie and ignore the woke masses and the money will flow.

Just ask Tom Cruise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I am watching that clip and laughing at all the people that died in those buildings.

It reminded me of..

View attachment 445018

for what it's worth, the buildings were all empty. it was a pretty great episode because the whole time superman looks insane and extremely paranoid and you genuinely think he's lost it a few times. basically lex built this "city" within metropolis and was unveiling it to the world. it was supposed to be this utopian place where everything was free and it made lex look like an amazing humanitarian. i don't remember exactly what his plan was, but that generator or whatever it was that superman was after was obviously extremely dangerous and illegal and all kinds of bad. it was during that phase where lex was on his run to become president (i don't think he ever got there in the show, but it was inspired by that run in the comics) and everyone thinks lex is this amazing guy and really only the justice league know what's really up.

so yeah, the only people in that area they destroyed was the people they showed. lex, superman, captain marvel and a few press. so no one died but you get to see superman destroy a bunch of property which feels very out of character for superman, but it was all lex's property so he was fine with breaking it all.

Rude

Potato del Grande
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
i can chalk that up to him being a good corporate boy so his projects see the light of day. its why Stallone said he liked Trump and Brandon.
It's pathetic how you have to make stuff up in your head just so you can keep on liking your man crushes.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This was ok overall, but I think it is now the new champion on the 'dumbest evil plan' in any movie to date.

How does *any* part of the bad guy's 100 step plan make any sense, or have any reasonable chance of working ?

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
I tried this last night, only made it half way through before turning it off. The story was awful and lazy, skateboard kid felt like he was straight out of some B rated 80's/90's movie. DCEU also has a problem with some of the character being too similar to the MCU, I know that some of the characters existed in the comics before their marvel counterparts but for your average movie watcher they seem like knock offs. Oh look its Wakandaman with his indestructible plane made of special metal, Dr Stangefate and the comic relief of Atom Ant are here to fight the bad guy. I have no hope of DC movies outside of Batman ever being any good, they are always rushing to introduce as many characters as they can to team up rather than doing a slow roll and have actual character development.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Caught it tonight on HBO. Honestly I wouldn't have finished it if I wasn't laying in bed with sinus cold.

They whack Dr. Fate (old white guy I guess). Hawkman is taking haymakers from BA and shrugging them off. The kid. Like he has more screen time than Dr. Fate. He would have been fine with about 5 - 10 minutes of screen time.

Atom smasher is just a blatant copy of Ant-Man from Civil War. Powers and personality. Cyclone of course has pride colors in her cyxlone winds.

I could go on but... Unless you are sick in bed,. Skip it.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Watched it tonight with my kids. Went in expecting a movie as bad or worse than the 1980s Super Girl Movie. Which was a movie made for deaf, dumb and blind people.

My expectations were so low that I ended up kind enjoying it for what it was. Don't think, just watch muscle guy go boom.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Complete waste of time. This was surprisingly light on woke shit for a modern movie, but was otherwise pretty boring. I loved that BA was like "whoa, a mirror!" but had no reaction to any other modern shit.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I deleted it off hard drive without going back to finish the second half

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Based on how everything else is going, even if he did agree to a cameo they would have removed it anyway.
I kinda wanna see Gunn cancel Black Adam and then hire Vin Diesel for a DC role. lol

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users