Black Desert

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I guess 15% of people already have their skill up. Or more likely 10% do, and 5% are simply fucking crazy.

moontayle

Golden Squire
In lieu of a sub and if you see yourself playing for a few months, I would say getting some cash shop items is worth it.

As far as the Auto-Looping, I don't see an issue. The main mention against it seems to be leveling horses. I read on the subreddit that it takes like 22hrs to get a horse to 30 and that if this goes in it's going to push Tier 6 horses out sooner. Not sure why that's a bad thing to be honest.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tonight we picked a fight and it turned into an all out war between PRX/T1/HOSTILE vs Gravity/Mango/Gatekeeper. Seems like a sample of the war to come.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Last night was the first night I finally got the chance to spend any decent amount of time on the game due to just crazy work and family schedule. I finally understand why people felt they were "lost" because I am completely lost. I'm going through the motions, I hit level 11, and i'm doing about everything I can sense I should be doing (conversations, tradeskills, etc.) and I have no idea why and for what purpose. I'm not complaining, I like it but I just didn't understand people's perspective. I completely feel like I did when I played EQ on SoluRo before rerolling to Lanys. I can see me starting all over at some point in the future just to go through everything again once gaining some hindsight.

Had some RL friends playing on Uno so that's where I landed for now. Playing a Ranger but not completely set on that though I am enjoying the class.

Few questions:
Should I be attempting to completely the conversations when I see them and what is the faction or skill i'm gaining by completely these horoscope puzzles?
Does it matter what house I pick? I showed up at some town and now there's houses and parking everywhere. (Parking was really funny BTW)
Any insight to tradeskilling and working the Marketplace? Do tradeskills benefit classes in some way or does it matter? I've ran across a billion people fishing.
I see people recruiting for guilds and asking for groups. Should I begin proactively seeking both or wait until a certain level?

Just really needing some insight. I thought I saw something about a good site to get your started but not sure if it's buried by now. This game is really, really enjoyable. The mystery alone is worth playing. It's been a blast to be somewhat lost. I guess I know what i'm doing to an extent but I have no idea where the game is leading me.

Last thing... guild control and war. How does that work and why is it happening so much? I really want in on that but wasn't sure if you needed to be apart of an elite guild before I should even worry about it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Few questions:
Should I be attempting to completely the conversations when I see them and what is the faction or skill i'm gaining by completely these horoscope puzzles?
Does it matter what house I pick? I showed up at some town and now there's houses and parking everywhere. (Parking was really funny BTW)
Any insight to tradeskilling and working the Marketplace? Do tradeskills benefit classes in some way or does it matter? I've ran across a billion people fishing.
I see people recruiting for guilds and asking for groups. Should I begin proactively seeking both or wait until a certain level?

Last thing... guild control and war. How does that work and why is it happening so much? I really want in on that but wasn't sure if you needed to be apart of an elite guild before I should even worry about it.
Welcome to BDO.

1. Short answer is no, not until you're further into the game. The reason is that there's no benefit for a good portion of the people you can hold conversations with. If you look in the lower left hand corner, sometimes you can see if a person has anything to offer. Sometimes it's more knowledge, a new quest, even completely new items in a special shop. But, at the outset there's no real reason to go through the conversation.
2. Houses confer many benefits but again it's one of those things you can do without for a bit. I didn't get my first house until I was in my late 30s. Also, you can have a lot of houses, each with a different function. Like the rest of BDO, it's a deep system.
3. Fishing is a low-entry way to make money, and you can do it while AFK. Get a pole, set up on the dock, let it run. When you get back you take what fish you did get up to a Trade manager and get some cash. I would recommend looking up tradeskilling and reading about it because there's no short answer here. Again, BDO, deep system.
4. You can avoid grouping early on but there's some benefit to it as you get into your late 30s. I've managed to avoid doing it except for being powerleveled by my wife and her 51 Witch. Guild confer some benefits but someone else will have to chime in there. Also not sure about guild control on things. I think that's a system that's not in place yet.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Guild control (siege and node warfare) isn't in yet. The guild war system allows guilds to avoid karma loss from PvPing. It's less a war and more of a "Hey let's PvP for a bit until we get it out of our system and go back to leveling."

Right now the gear/level disparity is so high between someone who is 55 and geared and someone who is 53 and not that we're really pushing folks to get geared and leveled before spending time doing other stuff.

Fortunately there's some good ways to get geared as a guild in this game. We have tri-weekly boss scroll nights where we get some 50+ people organized in groups based on the number of scrolls we have. We also regularly do the guild boss scrolls where each scroll generates a liverto weapon for someone and a bunch of silver/seals.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Seems ridiculous to add it now. As I understand it the feature is a catch up mechanic added late game, not right after it launched. If you can AFK up your STR why even have the stat there? Some people enjoy fishing, no one enjoys walking around with a pack on. Don't get the logic on adding it except to AFK fill another box on my profile personally. The game just came out here.
It's just another bar to level, the + it adds to your weight total is almost negligible (max level it's 40 I think, you can buy ONE cash shop item and it raises it 150). I just used my G19 keyboard to level it by walking back and forth.

Speaking of cash shop, I've bought a few items to help with loot, and I really hate how intangible it is. +1 to luck to allegedly help with loot? Sure if you say so. Glasses + accessory to help learn higher levels of mob knowledge quicker? I guess it works, maybe. Except I still get 'C's more time than not, and just yesterday spent 2 hours on a quest just to get knowledge on one mob, never did get it after 100+ kills. /shrug

Game is the most fun I've had in ages though! I should be 54 maybe tonight, it's a huge level at least for tamers. Upgrade to pet, AE stun, lots of stuff =D

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Tuco, or anyone in the know, are the guild taxes for guilds over the 30 person count still in effect?

Keep reading on different sites about how they changed the guild system to not have taxes on guild size.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The monster knowledge quests are aids but I can usually put up with them because it coincides with actually getting exp.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Ahh okay, thought you were the guild leader.

rrr_img_130438.jpg

Was looking for info from that bracket about tax information.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well finally made my Trader costume today, and started the crafting on the Cook costume which will make 4 with the ones I already have, craftman and alchemist. 4 left to go, Fisher, Trainer, Farmer and Gathering.

Not sure what I'll go after next.
smile.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
First come first served, just post when used.

Code 1 : D838-C602-6A41-4797-9D79
Code 2 : 91B5-4822-1113-486A-9E90

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The tax is a joke. It's taken once a week from the guild bank and it max's out at like 500k. You make that doing a damn gathering quest.

edit: Sauce

Level 0 15 members no tax
Level 1 30 members no tax
Level 2 50 members 100,000 silver tax
Level 3 75 members 250,000 silver tax
Level 4 100 members 500,000 silver tax

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I got kicked out of a guild I wasn't in today for not playing lately. Shit.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I got caught up fishing instead of levelling. Now back into it. And getting distracted by questing. Let my pets accept missions for me. Not like they have shit else to do while I'm in town.

Libra_sl

shitlord
I've been itching to play an MMO again, and a good, deep sandbox is right up my alley. What's the overall consensus on BDO here? From what I've seen casually reading around the nets, it seems people are pretty positive on this one. Anyone have a spare guest pass I could mooch from you so I could give this a shot before I shell out $30?