Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You know for a game that still doesn't even have a hint of coming to the west, I find there's a lot of noise surrounding it, more so than any other korean mmorpg I can think of(before they were announced to be ported that is). I don't mean just here but like on reddit and shit there seems to be videos being posted pretty frequently of the game's beta. Can only hope someone announce they're porting it at E3. It'd be nice to get a korean game not 3-4years after it's been released in korea.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I lovethis quote: "Rather than gaining experience points from quests like most MMORPGs, experience comes primarily from killing monsters. Quests give separate beneficial rewards."

Too many people associate despising shitty quest logs with grinding out hours and hours of mobs in the same spot. I'd love to have the freedom to group up with a few people, start exploring and killing shit and not feeling absolutely penalized for it. Let us roll on some hard shit and get loot the good old fashioned way, which doesnotrequire sitting static on a wall. I'd like half of today's MMOs more if they didn't have the quest leash so tight around my throat.

I swear MMOs love to feel like killing any single creature in the world must have some shitty, written logic and total count around it.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am halfway through that video and I had an ear to ear grin when he showed the combat moves. Dear god this game looks so good!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I am halfway through that video and I had an ear to ear grin when he showed the combat moves. Dear god this game looks so good!
looks unbelievable. too bad it's korean, which means we probably won't see it for at least another 2 years or longer.
frown.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
looks unbelievable. too bad it's korean, which means we probably won't see it for at least another 2 years or longer.
frown.png
i wanna see how much their "founder" pack is gonna be but that's so long sucks man nothing good is on the way and AA seems way to tedious to me with all the trade skill and farming i don't give a shit about that in my mmos.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
From what I've read, they've already been working on an English client. They are just looking for a publisher.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
Damn this game looks sexy. I hope we get a decent publisher for this in North America. I don't typically pay attention to Korean MMOs but this is solidly on my radar now.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone's going to need those 2 years to have a PC to even try to run this and have the infrastructure in place so you can play with more then 5 people on screen.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everyone's going to need those 2 years to have a PC to even try to run this and have the infrastructure in place so you can play with more then 5 people on screen.
The biggest issue is going to be bandwidth, the Koreans are light years ahead of the states in bandwidth.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
I'll be playing the Korean version of this game. I don't care if I can't read shit.
Yup. I'm pretty tired of NA and there shitty ass cartoony aka "stylized graphics" mmo's with zero inovation. It's pretty sad that i know i will have more fun with this than anything being released for NA anytime soon.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I can't believe someone tried to argue that Asian MMO's tech isn't always ahead of Western MMO's... Seriously Wildstar is just about to release in the west and in Asia this is what's about to come out... How can they be so far ahead..

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe someone tried to argue that Asian MMO's tech isn't always ahead of Western MMO's... Seriously Wildstar is just about to release in the west and in Asia this is what's about to come out... How can they be so far ahead..
Two completely different ideas and goals. I am sure western developers could build something like this if the bean counters allowed it.

Also it seems most western MMO want to hit WoW numbers, you are not going to hit those numbers with the type of graphics this game has(face it avg computer specs are fairly low) or maybe even combat( A lot don't like twitch-action combat).