Black Desert

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Every class is noob friendly it's really finding a class you enjoy the feel of the combos. Sorc is probably the twitchiest.

Play what you feel is fun. This summer every class has an awakening some aren't released yet on KR though. An awakening gives you a new weapon and skill set that rebalances the class.

Zerkers are kind of shitty now but get better. Same with warriors.

Valks are very solid with great sustain. Wiz and witch are fun as fuck. rangers are mana potion whores. Musa and maehwas are very fun too.

moontayle

Golden Squire
That's some Korean rng God King shit right there.

Playing some plum and mobs never aggro me fast enough or at all. I can stand next to a group of some NPCs for 20 secs before they move.
Server has been outright borked. Guild mission was like free exp, just killing things without repercussion. As long as you didn't stand still nothing could hit you.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't had a lot of time to play, hour here or there. I figured it was the server in general orvthe server shitting they bed because of how fast I'm moving as a Plum.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Every class is noob friendly it's really finding a class you enjoy the feel of the combos. Sorc is probably the twitchiest.

Play what you feel is fun. This summer every class has an awakening some aren't released yet on KR though. An awakening gives you a new weapon and skill set that rebalances the class.

Zerkers are kind of shitty now but get better. Same with warriors.

Valks are very solid with great sustain. Wiz and witch are fun as fuck. rangers are mana potion whores. Musa and maehwas are very fun too.
Maybe I'll try Wiz/Witch - Sorc seems ok but didn't grab me.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Witch is fun, wife is having a blast with it (literally). She gathers things up and a couple of combos later it's all dead. The graphics for the spells are petty damned awesome as well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sorc/Zerker are the least noob friendly. Witch/Ranger are noob friendly. They're also very powerful in end-game.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Zerker is not hard to play at all, but what makes them not noob friendly is poorly balanced skills and server desync issues. You have to work harder to do what other classes do in half the time

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love this game but some of its systems are jackie chan meme worthy. I made an alt this morning and moved it to Altinova for the sole purpose of playing the Amity game for Grunil.
You should have all character slots filled no matter what. You can use their energy to at least invest in nodes if you are not doing anything else with it.

interesting thing happened tonight, probably a coincidence but I don't put anything past hidden Korean RNG systems.

So i'm grinding away leveling my valk, hit 45, decide that, while it's less efficient exp, that i'm going to grind treants to 50 instead of catfish so I can farm tree belt, 2 birds, 1 stone sort of thing.

I've killed enough treants on my other characters to have pretty much all the knowledges unlocked, doing guild quests and just grinding, except for Twin Headed Treant.

So i'm grinding away for about an hour and nothing. I didn't get any black stones, only got 2 trade item drops, and never unlocked twin headed. I had unlocked the node before I started, but decided to drop all my energy in and leveled the node up to 2.

another 2 hours, fucking nothing. I get 1 blackstone (weapon). no more trade drops. over 1k of each of the 4 separate little bounty item turn in for X silver dealios, but jack shit otherwise. At the very last minute twin headed lore finally unlocks.

I was in Mediah E1 just because it's my normal channel, it's the first channel on the list that isn't crowded when I log in during JPN time. Now by this time it's early morning east coast time, guildies are starting to get online before work to check shit. Guild master needed me to switch to Velia E1 for contract renewal so I head to trent safe zone, swap, and handle that.

I run out and the first treant I kill drops Tree belt. It was an old treant, so it wasn't even the lore unlock from twin headed that added the extra luck for RNG.

Just a coincidence? are some channels unluckier than others? Is there anti-farm code, spend too long killing x in a certain area and luck decreases, but can be reset by channel swapping? Does investing in nodes actually reduce your chance of drops rather than increase (as i've heard that rumor)?
The power of RNG imo. So many people try to find patterns or logic in RNG and its all just pure luck.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've now committed to my Wizard. Melee seems so damn handicapped in this game. The combat with my Musa is amazing. The combos, the movement, it's all so much fun. But... killing mobs seems to go much smoother if you can range them down.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yup, completely random, or just broken enough so people can't find a pattern. LOL at me for spending $$$ on luck underwear ;\ (my titles now add more than enough luck anyway)

I swear I get better drops on nodes I dont even bother to activate. Guildmate got a witcher earring 2 skeleton kills in, with no node or knowledge.

The only constant I've noticed, is the longer I grind a spot, the less drops I seem to get.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The only constant I've noticed, is the longer I grind a spot, the less drops I seem to get.
Yeah I think if anything, there *might* be some "anti-camp" code, and it is reset by channel swapping. Of course we can never know. The rest is just RNG being RNG.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some noob questions after only having time to play an hour:

1. Should I collect all the knowledge I get accross while leveling, even if it means waiting 3 minutes for more energy?

2. Should I gather everything? (e.g. I came across herbs, should I stop to get them? Do I need tools? Does it limit me in any way besides time spent?)

3. Should I do those conversation-games to gain Amnity (?) with everyone while leveling up or is there no point in doing so in the starting zones?

Cybsled

Some of the early knowledge is expensive as hell though. I ran across a 100 and a 35 the other day.

moontayle

Golden Squire
1 & 2. Buy a fluid extractor/butcher knife/skinning knife and keep those on hand at all times. While leveling you should basically be extracting blood/getting meat/getting hides and selling them on the market. As such your energy should constantly be low. I wouldn't worry about random knowledge from people you talk to until you hit 50 at least, unless the energy cost is pretty low (less than 10). Knowledge helps energy but you'll get way more from exploring, people, and mobs than the other stuff for the bulk of the leveling time. So "no" on 1 (unless it's cheap) and a "sort of" on 2.

3. Amity is only useful post-50 when you start needing to get certain equipment from vendors to help with enchanting. In some cases if you're a knowledge whore you'll need to talk to a fair amount of people to get certain bits but this should literally only be done if you have nothing else to do.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Press H.

When you wrap your head around the astonishing amount of lores and knowledge this game has and this menu starts to make sense to you, then worry about doing amity to unlock lores.

While leveling, you gain enough knowledge from talking to npcs, exploring locations, and fighting mobs to keep your max energy expanding. Once you are 50+ and starting to get millions of silver for completing knowledge milestone quests then you can worry about hunting down those rare random knowledges you need to complete the sets.

And yes to the blood/hide/meats thing, tradeskills always need that shit every level 2 weasel boar or fox you kill should net you 1-2k silver as long as you have energy

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
A lot portion of the expensive knowledges become very cheap if you unlock specific other knowledge.. often just the knowledge of another person who is standing near them, or knowledge of the previous node manager. Commonly if you find a node manager and it costs 35-50 energy to unlock knowledge of them, just go to the previous node in the chain and talk to the node manager there to get knowledge of them, go back and it will be 5-10 energy to unlock instead.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tired of looking the same so Im looking at "maybe" buying an outfit from the shop. $32 bucks is pretty steep considering I just bought all the weight upgrades... but my question is - Does the set effect, since its the same across the board get shared? Such as if I want to mix and match the entire outfit from whats available at the moment. This helm, that armor, those boots etc.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Tired of looking the same so Im looking at "maybe" buying an outfit from the shop. $32 bucks is pretty steep considering I just bought all the weight upgrades... but my question is - Does the set effect, since its the same across the board get shared? Such as if I want to mix and match the entire outfit from whats available at the moment. This helm, that armor, those boots etc.
Currently if you use different items from different sets the bonus doesn't apply, so no, if you want the bonus you are pretty much stuck using a complete set.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So a heads up to guilds recruiting on Edan:

"Twitch Personality" || Family Name: "MissBulgaria" -- Twitch: beatsbumpin || He joins guilds under the premise of any regular member and then goes on a killing spree of AFK fishers and weak characters usually claiming his guild allows it.

He'll join your TS or whatever claim to want a guild and if he "gets found out" he'll bail or claim that people are telling lies about him.

Free to suffer through his cringey stream if you want to see if he is material for your guild. Just seems like a 0 personality moron to me but he may be your thing.

Twitch