Black Desert

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
they have different stamina bars so just depends on how often you want to feed them. Cats all the time, dogs sometimes, birds rarely. But of course the larger their stamina the more food they take when you do end up having to feed them.

also it *seems* to just be a graphical glitch, but you will end up shooting spells at your bird all the time, because he likes to fly directly in front of your crosshairs. I don't wizard anymore but it was annoying as hell so I just bought 3 dogs.

when you breed them they can end up with any type of special ability, but if you are just gonna use T1s, then cat's can find resources, dogs can spot hostile players, and birds can spot elite monsters, but you have to turn on your pets special ability, right click the paw, left click the pet, left click the 2nd icon from the right (only one that's greyed out) so the pet will autocast his special ability.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought two birds before I knew that pets had separate abilities. Was just going off the fact that I didnt have to pick up loot and what people here said. In hindsight I would have got a Bird and a Dog instead. Two pets pick up everything I kill at this point and time. A third pet may be necessary at 45+, but at level 40 Im fine. The pet abilities dont stack from what I understand, if you ever want to dump 200 bucks trying to get three tier 4 pets with you. (If you're lucky, its less. Still Rang Rang though, so good luck.) Up to three Buffs at once from one pet.Pet Breeding Guide - pretty extensive for the subject.If Im still playing this game in 6 months - Ill probably end up doing it. I just cant fathom dumping that much on a single game when I dont know how Ill like it for the long haul. League of Legends has probably got at least $350 bucks from me with skins. But I've been playing that game since it came out, for reference.

Which kind of leads me to question what there is to do once I am level 55 and all of my gear is Boss Mob and +15. Wait on Valencia is one answer, I know. But as of right now? Just PVP? On a common sense side, I know itll probably take up until Valencia comes out for all that to play out. But my curiosity makes me wonder.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Well I'm out of the negative, with about .7% exp left, and now all of my +15 gear (including Liverto is) is down to +13.

Not a big deal, I'll just afk fish and fucking do imp scrolls for a couple weeks and be back to max. If I had known that PVE deaths caused enhancement lost, I wouldn't have tried so desperate to sneak into town and buy potions from vendors. Ugh.
You can trade with guildies for some pots if I remember right.

"Digging the Musa, just starting out so haven't seen the defensive problem yet. Love the mobility and damage seems pretty legit. After watching some vids/streams really seems like I need to invest in some pets, are some pets better than others or is it just an atheistic thing? " /lazyQuoteOff

So I got a Musa to 50 in short order, using armor from +13-+15. From about 1-45 I never even got hit, was a cake walk. 45-48 or so, I leveled on trolls, they were awesome exp because I could kill them in like 3 seconds, and give what, like .5% a kill?

Then I went to try Manes / Helms in Mediah after 50. My god, something was buggy. Even the ranged dudes were doing 30% + a hit. Something is clearly broken. I may just try a witch now, as I hate my tamer and my Musa is bugged. /shrug

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pvp, economy, alts, CP/knowledge collection.
Also grinding skill points and working on jewelry, which can always be better. You wont have a PEN Ogre Ring before Valencia comes out.
smile.png

Witches and Wizards at least should also work on acquiring a horse with sidestep and enchant up armor for it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm ultra casual but I find grinding enjoyable. I'm absolutelyoving wizard though. Love that chain lighting especially!

Daidraco

Also grinding skill points and working on jewelry, which can always be better. You wont have a PEN Ogre Ring before Valencia comes out.
smile.png

Witches and Wizards at least should also work on acquiring a horse with sidestep and enchant up armor for it.
Holy shit. I had to google it to know what you were talking about. I didnt even think they went up to a fifth tier.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Our home channel (Valenica E1) has been a toaster for the last few weeks but has gotten unplayable in the last week. So we switched to Calpheon E2 last night. Just finished up a massive 4 hour war against a bunch of enemy guilds, was a ton of fun. Going to be a long slog to conquer the channel.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I noticed your channel switch, who are the faggots spamming Idiot Down in chat? Wish I could block the whole guild instead of doing it one by one. However, I do find it hilarious them trying so damn hard to bait PRX in chat with not even a crumb to nibble on.

Daidraco

The short minute I played Guild Wars 2 - a PRX app started talking back and got blasted by half the PRX guild members. Gave me a good laugh at least.

- Does anyone know of a good resource guide that highlights caps for your class? Like how much Accuracy is the perfect amount to have for a Warrior? Whats the Knock Down Resist cap? Things like that. Also, Ive been trying my best to find out what the stats are on higher tier equipment. Okay, so I get that this ring has +2 accuracy at tier 1, but at tier 5? Tier 3? Im stockpiling Armor and Weapon stones because everything is at safe cap except my weapon. Before I start gambling on how many stones I get back, I want to min/max what gear I need to have. Ive ran across a couple good guides on what equipment you "should" have but each one has almost a completely different set. Zereth armor is imo good, because of the +Damage on it which from what I understand is better than straight AP? But Im unsure on that. The only items that tend to be shared across all lines is the Ogre Neck, Treant Belt and Ring of Good Deeds. The Shield Im using is Axion but some guides say to use Vangertz but its coming back to the Accuracy question. So.. Like I said, where is a good data base of caps, soft or hard? Or basically, does anyone here know. Just so I can refer back to it at a later date.

-Edit- and I know that the boss gear is BIS. But Im not going to build around gear that I dont have and may not have for some time to come. Same with "ultimate" versions of gear.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I don't think there is any solid data on stuff like that yet (if there ever will be, Korean game and all).

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
The short minute I played Guild Wars 2 - a PRX app started talking back and got blasted by half the PRX guild members. Gave me a good laugh at least.

- Does anyone know of a good resource guide that highlights caps for your class? Like how much Accuracy is the perfect amount to have for a Warrior? Whats the Knock Down Resist cap? Things like that. Also, Ive been trying my best to find out what the stats are on higher tier equipment. Okay, so I get that this ring has +2 accuracy at tier 1, but at tier 5? Tier 3? Im stockpiling Armor and Weapon stones because everything is at safe cap except my weapon. Before I start gambling on how many stones I get back, I want to min/max what gear I need to have. Ive ran across a couple good guides on what equipment you "should" have but each one has almost a completely different set. Zereth armor is imo good, because of the +Damage on it which from what I understand is better than straight AP? But Im unsure on that. The only items that tend to be shared across all lines is the Ogre Neck, Treant Belt and Ring of Good Deeds. The Shield Im using is Axion but some guides say to use Vangertz but its coming back to the Accuracy question. So.. Like I said, where is a good data base of caps, soft or hard? Or basically, does anyone here know. Just so I can refer back to it at a later date.
I don't know of a database like that, but for your specific questions regarding warrior I might be able to help. If you're using a +15 yuria sword and a +15 vangertz, you are set for accuracy for now. Both of those have +acc enhancements, so you essentially get more accuracy for each enhancement you complete. I've heard various things about the exact amount of accuracy you get per enhancement - and with Daum's hardon for hidden stats you can't precisely measure it - but it seems to be enough. I have 0 issues hitting people reliably with just those two items for accuracy bonuses at lvl 55. KD and all other cc resists are capped at 60% for pvp, and as a side note you should definitely prioritize grapple resist as a shield class. Grapple can pull you out of block and is very common as a melee in mass pvp.

In terms of armor, I'm using 2pc Heve and 2pc Agerian (for the welfare 5 atk speed). You can also use zereth or taritas with heve to good effect. The different answers you see in guides are because warrior is probably the most gear flexible class, you can use a few different sets or mixed sets very well (as long as you have them enhanced). Zereth 2pc bonus gives you more endurance for your dashes and blocked movement, taritas 2pc gives you more WP to spam spinslash cancels. Grunil is a solid set but somewhat expensive, you can do just fine as a warrior without it, especially with boss armor right around the corner. I'm using 2x witch earring, shultz gladiator belt (welfare tree spirit) and shrine token/outlaw's ring for rings. For necklace I use one of the crafted 5ap necks with grapple resist. You can stack AP and accuracy on your accessories if you want, especially if you are still leveling up, but I find the hybrid build better for the way I play in group/mass pvp at max.

There are warriors out there that stack crazy kills by building for AP, and from what I understand you'll need a pure AP set for greatsword when it comes out, but for right now my experience has led me to focusing on a hybrid ap/dp build. I spent most of last night at the Kusha/Mediah castle battle in Calph E2 in a shieldwall to prevent people from entering the castle and occasionally dashing out to fuck somebody up or hold them down in the killing zone we had set up from the ramparts. Being super fucking tanky is more important for fulfilling that role than being able to burst slightly better. Warriors best serve their groups by controlling/creating chokepoints during fights and peeling attackers off the characters that do real damage with our excellent CCs.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Two things I'm really looking forward to learning more about. New dark elf class, whatever that is. Probably won't find out more for many months. The second is coming up in a week and a half: Maehwa (Plum) awakening. I'm interested to see what it brings.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I really like Maehwa combat, chase is awesome.

Too bad there's no good costumes and the starter armor drops are better looking.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People in game were talking about some glitch with Plum. Something like DP doesn't scale properly. Any confirmation?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
People in game were talking about some glitch with Plum. Something like DP doesn't scale properly. Any confirmation?
Yes, basically Maehwa/Musa are bugged right now and not getting any benefit from DP and AP is not scaling properly:

Musa + Maehwa DP + AP bugged + other issues (PVE+PVP) main thread - General - The Black Desert Online

EDIT: No confirmation or anything but apparently it doesn't look good because people are reporting it has ALWAYS been that way on KR but since they played it without the chain-disable pvp fix they could still 100 to 0 people without a problem so it wasn't really 'looked into' so much.

That is ridiculous if true but I guess not a big surprise given that it's a KR MMO.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well shit, no wonder as I got close to lvl 45 I felt like I was getting gimped more and more. I really enjoy the combat style of the Musa. Here's hoping they fix it.