Black Desert

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game is 10 dollars. Is it worth it and is the controller support good(I want to play in my living room, using my xbox elite pad).

Fuck controllers, but honestly this game is worth it at $10 just as a fighter style game. It goes way beyond complex by time you involve workers and trade routes and crafting and rental houses and fishing and bullshit, but the basic combat is genuinely fun.

As for the controller, a few classes you can use just their combos to grind but in no way can you actually play this game correctly on it, even the basic minimap worker scheduler interface is more complex than you can reasonably manage.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really wanted to like this game and did, but it ran like shit on my computer even though I exceed the recommended specs. I finally deleted it and recently saw this multiple times on steam review:

" they install XingCode Anti Cheat Rootkit onto your computer when you install the game. The 'anti cheat' does not uninstall once you remove BDO from your computer, you have to locate and delete it manually via regedit. The rootkit inspects everything you have done on your HDD over the last 48 hours, even if you have uninstalled the game.

At no stage of the installation process are you warned that Xing Anti Cheat will be installed on your HDD. "

Makes sense why it was running like shit.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
People throw around the term 'rootkit' without knowing what it means. XignCode isn't a rootkit, it isn't hidden (it clearly and visible loads when you run BDO - it even has a systray icon), it doesn't run before boot, it's not malware. It aggressively scans your ram etc while you're playing BDO.

It is intrusive, but in my opinion that is what is required to stop cheating in online games, especially heavily competitive PVP ones like BDO. After I previously uninstalled BDO it didn't look like XignCode did anything. It leaves the driver behind but that driver doesn't do anything if the XignCode app isn't running, and it closes when you close BDO. My Antivirus (correctly IMO) identified XignCode3 as a suspicious app due to its behavior and I had to set an exclusion in the AV to get BDO to launch.

If it's making your PC run like shit while BDO is open try setting an AV exclusion. There are a lot of threads about AV and XignCode fighting.

And yeah BDO servers are struggling now, even during Aussie prime time I'm experiencing crippling lag here and there in high pop areas like Heidel.. Even had quite a few dropouts last night.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I logged out to an alt just to PvBed while the database shit clears out. Sitting in a pack of mobs you've just killed waiting 15 seconds before they drop their loot, and another 15 seconds to actually loot the shit is unacceptable.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Couple of noob questions:

I'm trying to make my own beer and my cooking skill is apprentice 2 - I'm failing around 4 out of every 5 attempts to make a beer which itself isn't such a big deal, it's the fact that I put production on "continuous" thinking that it's not going to stop until I run out of mats. But if I fail, I have to hit enter to confirm that I want to continue. This is annoying as shit and I want to afk while I craft 500 beers. Am I missing something or is this normal? At what point do I stop failing so many attempts?

Also, I want to craft better Silver Embroidered Cook's Clothes. I made a +1 of that version but if I want to make +2, do I have to use two +1's or can I use a +1 and a regular with no mods? The game won't let me use a Cron Stone to guarantee I don't fail, I'm assuming that's because it's an accessory piece of gear? Any way to not fail and lose my cook's clothes?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Beer works at beginner skill level.. and if your skill is too low you will fail 100% of the time.. the fact you succeed sometimes suggests that you're not using enough mats, that is what tends to cause fails like that.. are you using 5 potatos, 6 mineral water, 1 sugar and 2 leavening agent?

To make a +2 cooks clothes, take your +1, then enchant it with a normal (+0)
Beware that the success rate is very low and when it fails your +1 will blow up. There's no way to prevent it blowing up if it fails. cron stones are used to prevent weapons/armour from develling on fail.. they dont work on accessories and life skill clothing counts as accessories.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You can use cron stones on accessories or at least the tooltip is down there showing the amount you need etc. for them (maybe it won't let you actually put them in). Can't guarantee upgrading clothes or accessories, best you can do is increase your chance with failstacks and the maximum chance gets lower for every higher tier you try to get to.

Ran into a few of the gatekeeper mobs yesterday and lost a few crystals since I tried to fight them thinking they were just like any other elite mobs, luckily none of the ones I couldn't replace haha. Also got beat up by a zerker at sausans a bit the other day right after I got my awakening weapon and trying to learn the combos. Then some ungeared lvl 53s tried to kill me a few times and got demolished while telling me to leave the spot I was at for an hour before they showed up and cried when I kept chasing them around killing them. They started 3 seperate fights with me in which i'd just kill the striker who initiated on me (had 2 unflagged wizards healing him) after which I decided to do said chasing around until they left screaming at me in tells to leave them alone.

Reminded me of the good ole days when people would almost never karma grief someone just to try to take their grind spot because nobody wanted to lose hours worth of exp in a futile effort.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm at 255, all committed, 0 available.. grinding CP right now trying to get enough so i can get epheria shipyard and start cooking my sailboat.... ugh.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm only up to 221 (was at 201 before I came back), lots of catching up to do so I can connect the grind spots int he desert and whatnot.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks Sakkath, I had the wrong recipe, was only using 1 potato instead of 5. Not sure how I screwed that up, pretty sure the game gave me the recipe of using 1 potato. Didn't know you could use multiple recipes.

Also, I've been afk fishing down on the Velia beach and it's quite lucrative but I've yet to be able to sell any fish to that merchant you were talking about. You said he only buys fish once every 3 hours....is that game time or RL time and is it at the top of the hour each time? Been trying for a week and he has yet to buy.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Due to the influx of people recently and that afk fishing is good money for a new player there are now a lot more people selling to the imperial trader, and so they are sold out almost constantly. I have been selling to the normal trader most of my AFK sessions the last week or so as the imperial traders in velia, glish and epheria were all sold out. The imperial traders restock every 3 RL hours.. but you've seen how many people are afk fishing in Velia.. The imperial traders take around 30-35 of each fish type, and since you only get 4 different kinds of blue/yellow fish in Velia all it takes is one AFK fisher with 192 inventory slots to catch enough of each of those 4 types of fish to sell out the vendor.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you haven't done the two Valencia quest chains, they are worth a ton of CP, but be warned that there is one quest in the Val II chain that is a major pain in the ass ( Golden Desert Coins ), still haven't gotten a single one after 225 shovels, all used in the area ppl say they've gotten the coins.

Also, if you can swing it, try to get that new bundle with the Hedgehog pet, its proc is so nice for getting Logs if you're working towards the Epheria Sailboat (15% chance to double what you gather).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I did a bunch of quests in valencia so far but still have a lot to do. Was going to build a regular fishing boat tonight so I can grind some pirates when I don't feel like doing desert mobs but ended up buying the shark suit instead. Epheria boat just seems like waaaaaaaaaaay too many mats for something i'd probably never get my investment back out of but maybe sometime when i'm bored. Duo liverto bow I had sold after a few days on the market so now I have 150m and gotta figure out how I want to go about using it to upgrade. Got duo liverto, and 1 piece of duo armor everything else is pri cept a few accessories I blew up going for duos on. Tempted to just save up and buy the tri/tet weapons/armor since I can kill everything fine with my current gear and failstack juggling on alts is annoying, especially when you have my luck with getting above 20 stacks using anything that doesn't cost a fortune to repair.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you haven't done the two Valencia quest chains, they are worth a ton of CP, but be warned that there is one quest in the Val II chain that is a major pain in the ass ( Golden Desert Coins ), still haven't gotten a single one after 225 shovels, all used in the area ppl say they've gotten the coins.

Also, if you can swing it, try to get that new bundle with the Hedgehog pet, its proc is so nice for getting Logs if you're working towards the Epheria Sailboat (15% chance to double what you gather).

Hmm I had to look up that portion of the quest. There was something weird with the mini map, where if you hit the zoom in button the quest area would change, and you had to dig in the NE quadrant like a few feet out from the new circle. After I got that looked up, took only about 5 minutes to get both coins.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's really starting to get on my nerves that when the lag shitstorm hits every night, the game doesn't register the removal of hypothermia/sunstroke but it has no fucking problems registering the damage ticks and healing potions...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you on one of the odd channels? I can't go in 1 3 or 5 of the channels I hang out in(mediah) because I lag very badly in them. Like constant 5-10 second rubberband back or teleporting into the sky and falling back to ground before moving etc.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nah i've been on the olvia channels, usually olvia 4, since they have bonus exp (57.07 atm, guess the bright side is by the time I can grind to 60 I should have full TRI/TET at least). It only happens right around daily reset time, 8pm-9pm EST usually. Only thing I can think of is server lag coming from thousands of people getting their dailies etc. at the same time or something.

Debating last few days if I want to keep upgrading the ancient guardian seal/core or if i'd be ok without that extra +5 accuracy from them and swapping for different necklace/belt. Will probably just keep them at pri for now and save those for last on accessory upgrading.