Black Desert

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Are you on one of the odd channels? I can't go in 1 3 or 5 of the channels I hang out in(mediah) because I lag very badly in them. Like constant 5-10 second rubberband back or teleporting into the sky and falling back to ground before moving etc.

Yeah, I've seen people talking about this on chat from time to time. Something about the fact that the odd numbered channels don't have their own hardware, they are run on virtual servers created using the hardware from the even numbered channels. It's really dumb and the rubberbanding is ridiculous. As more and more people learn about it, they keep piling onto the even channels, the odds pretty much might as well not exist at this point. I think people mainly use them for world boss chasing.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I don't think that's true, I usually use the same channel and it's an even number, and I experience all of those issues when I'm playing during NA prime time.. which luckily is usually only the weekend.

Had some fun the last week or so exploring Valencia and trying out the various grind locations.. It's interesting how different they all are even with mobs in similar level ranges.. Gahaz and Cadry standard mobs are around the same, but the Cadry champions can 1 shot me whereas the Gahaz champions aren't a threat at all. Fogans are all weak and pose no threat at all (low damage), whereas Sulphur Mines the mobs do around the same damage but have 4-5x as much HP. Money seems pretty bad at all of them except Cadry though and even that is no comparison to pirates/sausans.

Had 3 failed attempts to TRI my Ultimate Spell of Seduction Scythe so far.. Once it succeeds I'll stop there and wait for Dande before going any further.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Lol. It's true. Just bring it up in world chat and they'll be happy to educate you. And, of course the lag spreads to the even channels a bit during weekend prime time, especially since most people now know to avoid the odd channels.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The Gahaz elites hit just as hard, if not harder than the Cadry if they get you in a knockdown combo (it's a sorc). It's much, much easier to avoid that combo or any of the Gahaz Shadow's attacks though.

As for the lag, and even/odd channels -- it's true that quite some time ago ALL odd channels sucked arse, that hasn't been true for awhile now, only about 5 total channels had the reverse proxy code that made them lag like shit. C3, B1, and M3 I think were the last channels to have the issue. Since the Steam update though general lag/loot lag and warping is up a shit ton, no channels are safe from this once it starts happening. The marketplace search function and FPS drop is another fine gem they have added in.

Tree event is already maxed, thanks for the blackstones~

59.55 on my wizard. One more week to go.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Don't think I've ever been in that channel, I mostly use the same specific channel my friends use and only switch channels for the occasional world boss.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Only thing I got from the trees were cron stones and one hard fragment. Sorc mobs at gahaz do hit just as hard as the cadry one if they hit you with the right moves. I like to kill them when I see them even tho it's not really worth it since it takes freaking forever. Usually 2 or 3 spawns of all the normal mobs around the gahaz one in the time it takes me to kill them, last time I was at cadry it was the same for those ones.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Been leveling a tamer, the pet you get actually feels pretty good now compared to what they were at launch. Apparently feels a billion times better after awakening but not quite there yet with my slow wood-choppin ass

Also apparently runs faster than everything else in the desert while you ride it lmao

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The Karma lost when flagging up and PKing another player has increased. 60,000 Karma → 120,000 Karma.

G. fucking. G. =(

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yes, but at least at launch it didn't actively promote griefing people for grind spots and punishing geared players for not just afk'ing in town while the plebs get all the drops and exp.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
If everyone wasn't obsessed with the maximum cash returns and so only grinding at pirates and sausans then they'd have a lot more fun in the game IMO. I haven't been to either of those in more than a month and am having more fun than ever.
And I have *never* seen anyone else grinding at Cadry, Sulfur Mines, Fogans or Crescent while I've been there. Occasionally I see other people at Naga or Gahaz. I may have lower income than people grinding pirates (assuning they can find enough mobs) but I'm enjoying the game a lot more. Note that I do play offpeak hours.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
If everyone wasn't obsessed with the maximum cash returns and so only grinding at pirates and sausans then they'd have a lot more fun in the game IMO. I haven't been to either of those in more than a month and am having more fun than ever.
And I have *never* seen anyone else grinding at Cadry, Sulfur Mines, Fogans or Crescent while I've been there. Occasionally I see other people at Naga or Gahaz. I may have lower income than people grinding pirates (assuning they can find enough mobs) but I'm enjoying the game a lot more. Note that I do play offpeak hours.

The mentality of being the absolute best is prevalent in all MMOs, I find it to be pretty comical here because of the nature of BDO. Sure you can have a ton of money but the reality is luck gets you more in the long run.

Yes, but at least at launch it didn't actively promote griefing people for grind spots and punishing geared players for not just afk'ing in town while the plebs get all the drops and exp.

Okay, let's say you are soloing some place like Susans. Some person comes along and starts killing your mobs, your options are to:

• Flag on them and kill them, which always lost YOU something
  • Kill things as you normally would because they don't know your rotation.
  • Leave the location and look for another.
ONE of those 3 things netted in the least amount of "things" lost.

IF "Plebs" are rolling you on a spot that you are soloing, how are you not out-grinding them through sheer gear differential alone?

Sure, it may make you feel beta as fuck inviting someone to group or not killing them...but the reality is you are there for a goal, right?

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
IF "Plebs" are rolling you on a spot that you are soloing, how are you not out-grinding them through sheer gear differential alone?

Sure, it may make you feel beta as fuck inviting someone to group or not killing them...but the reality is you are there for a goal, right?

Some classes can clear mobs faster with worse gear and always have been able to... Unless you are literally 1shotting every mob on every spawn in your rotation instantly when they respawn, every new person that shows up is going to be gimping your grind. Some grind spots are about item drops not exp/hour which is the biggest problem I have with it (I used to kill anyone who came to back rotation on abandoned monastery because I was grinding mark of shadows to upgrade, when people lost exp when I killed them, they stopped trying to steal mobs from my rotation, once exp loss was gone nobody cared any more and the trolls would show up in force to the point where the "purpose" for being there was literally non-existant because you kill 15 mobs in 10 minutes because everyone is running around like a jackass trying to troll the other person out of the spot.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Steam Summer Sale is on. BDO is on the cheap again. I guess I will give it a go this time around
Wondering if this game is worthwhile solo? I know that kind of defeats the purpose of an MMO, but I doubt I convince anyone to play. Plus I'm kind of non-committal to forced playtime.