Black Desert

Rewind

Trakanon Raider
News and future plans from a PA conference: Future plans for Black Desert Online revealed at the Black Desert FESTA: new region Dreagan, Neater UI, and more

Topics:
  • Damage numbers
  • Undocumented changes
  • Optimization
  • Gathering and training reworks
  • Tutorial reworks, story book
  • Class balance
  • Action mode, 3d minimap
  • Imprint system
  • Remastered graphics
  • Character tag system
  • Changes in conquest war
  • Skill customization
  • Dreagan, the upcoming region (rumoured since a while back, finally confirmed)
  • New servers for underaged players
  • Christmas gift: a maid

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
A maid for christmas!?
yande.re 414167 heels josé_rosebud maid princess_principal skirt_lift tagme transparent_png.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
News and future plans from a PA conference: Future plans for Black Desert Online revealed at the Black Desert FESTA: new region Dreagan, Neater UI, and more

Topics:
  • Damage numbers
  • Undocumented changes
  • Optimization
  • Gathering and training reworks
  • Tutorial reworks, story book
  • Class balance
  • Action mode, 3d minimap
  • Imprint system
  • Remastered graphics
  • Character tag system
  • Changes in conquest war
  • Skill customization
  • Dreagan, the upcoming region (rumoured since a while back, finally confirmed)
  • New servers for underaged players
  • Christmas gift: a maid
You forgot one thing...Ran

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've watched a bit of anime, and I like the occasional kung fu movie. But I can't imagine combat like that ever being appealing. Did the bad guys even fight back?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The combat wasnt what killed the game for me. The grind was ever present, but that wasnt it either. It was the fact that even when I was killing a boss with my guild, it still felt like I was playing a solo game. I hate to say it, cause I feel like Im regressing the genre by saying it, but I wanted a trinity so badly in this game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've watched a bit of anime, and I like the occasional kung fu movie. But I can't imagine combat like that ever being appealing. Did the bad guys even fight back?
That vid was only to show off combat animations, not show actual killing power. Yet, the game has a pretty retarded aggro system where a character can only have 8(?) mobs on their aggro list at any given time. This means that sometimes you can run up to a new pack of mobs and some will do nothing at all, even if you do damage to them (if you don't kill those non-aggro mob, they will pop back to full health, but sometimes they take no dmg at all).

Class looks fun, the ranged grab will annoy people I bet, and her movement skill looks great.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The combat wasnt what killed the game for me. The grind was ever present, but that wasnt it either. It was the fact that even when I was killing a boss with my guild, it still felt like I was playing a solo game. I hate to say it, cause I feel like Im regressing the genre by saying it, but I wanted a trinity so badly in this game.

This right here. Teamplay in BDO is total shit...

but the (solo) combat is pretty fun

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'd probably still be playing BDO if it wasn't a PVP end-game with shit RNG gear progression

Coming from the place of an ultra casual life-skiller / afker, What is the defining factor on the "Shit" grind of BDO?

Like WoW I would grind dungeon after dungeon raid after raid praying for a drop and for that drop the be warforged / titanforged.

In Destiny, I pray for an item to roll mastercrafted or some shit.

In BDO I basically get my boss drops either from a vendor / market / boss drop in the same RNG manner and then enchant it up to usefulness.

I don't see the difference TBH, ultimately ALL of those models I listed are boring grinds.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Coming from the place of an ultra casual life-skiller / afker, What is the defining factor on the "Shit" grind of BDO?

Like WoW I would grind dungeon after dungeon raid after raid praying for a drop and for that drop the be warforged / titanforged.

In Destiny, I pray for an item to roll mastercrafted or some shit.

In BDO I basically get my boss drops either from a vendor / market / boss drop in the same RNG manner and then enchant it up to usefulness.

I don't see the difference TBH, ultimately ALL of those models I listed are boring grinds.

The difference for me is the grind in BDO is the grind to PvP better which for some reason is not very satisfying for me. There is no PvE carrot and that is what burns people out like me where PvP wasn't the main focus or goal.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I can get that, to me the grind allows me to explore more without dying a ton.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they took the base game, redesigned classes to be more dependent upon each other, clear abilities from raid targets that just dont randomly Death Touch you, and loot that was less grindy... Id play that version in a heart beat all over again. The worlds beautiful, and the lore is neat and the crafting is great. Hell, the solo combat experience in the game is great too. I loved the fact that I could kill stuff 5-6 levels ahead of me if I just played my class correctly.

But this solo player PVP experience it has going for it is a huge bummer for me. Cause like I said, I love the world :/

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
100% throw my hat into the group PvE content would still have me playing this game ring. So much good stuff, world is great, after awhile you get tired of logging in to play with yourself... especially when the end reward is failing a giant failstack enchant and watching millions and millions of silver become fairy dust. I did try the PvP, node wars, was in a fun little guild, it is a very fun concept, if you are willing to forever grind into the necessary gear ranges, not so much if you don't. To be fair, PvP isn't really my thing in mmo or fantasy rpgs, I tend to leave that for shooters, and rarely anymore. Stick a fork in me and call me old.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enchanting kills the will more than anything else in the game, which is why I refuse to enchant anything past DUO. I'll just wait until I can straight up buy it from the MP.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The difference is the regression on failed upgrade attempts. That alone was enough to make me (and many, many others) quit the game. The gear upgrade grind would be ever-present even without that ridiculous mechanic.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
yea, the gear upgrade killed the game for me, which is a shame, because I loved everything else about it. I know I can turn a blind eye to gear enhancements, and still experience the whole game (minus pvp) without ever losing sleep that my gear isn't the best...basically turn it into a farming/trade simulator I suppose...