Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How do the "seasons" work? I played this game pretty heavily back in 2017, but if seasons are going to see my character wiped at the end, it seems somewhat pointless? I don't really like the idea of investing into nodes, horses, etc. heavily and having it all go away. The reason why things like PoE seasons "work", is despite it being somewhat "wiped" at the end, the investment per character is relatively low. That wasn't the case the last time I played.

Are classes still gender restricted? Nova seems up my ally (I prefer tankier/melee characters, especially hybrid types - Paladins, Deathknights, Wardens, etc.) but I ain't no genderbending faggot.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
At the end of the season, your character is converted to normal, and you keep your gear and everything you've earned. You also get to convert one of your tuvala pen pieces to a boss tet armor or weapon. The end of season reward is really good too, you can pickup a pen capotia ring, earring (these options were the summer season reward) or belt (this season reward) which is equal to tet crescent/narc/basilisk. The fall reward wasn't very good so choose one of the capotias. There's no reason not to play a season character, even for older players who might want the rewards or to play the new class. Also all your nodes, horses, storage, map exploration and energy is account wide. Each character will have their own inventory and lifeskills though. At the end of a season if you pen'd all your tuvala gear, finish the adventure logs that give AP/DP and get the season reward, I think you'll be about 252 AP / 310 DP which is a nice start. From there you'd work towards 269 AP / 347 DP or around there and you can be competitive in pvp too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
At the end of the season, your character is converted to normal, and you keep your gear and everything you've earned. You also get to convert one of your tuvala pen pieces to a boss tet armor or weapon. The end of season reward is really good too, you can pickup a pen capotia ring, earring (these options were the summer season reward) or belt (this season reward) which is equal to tet crescent/narc/basilisk. The fall reward wasn't very good so choose one of the capotias. There's no reason not to play a season character, even for older players who might want the rewards or to play the new class. Also all your nodes, horses, storage, map exploration and energy is account wide. Each character will have their own inventory and lifeskills though. At the end of a season if you pen'd all your tuvala gear, finish the adventure logs that give AP/DP and get the season reward, I think you'll be about 252 AP / 310 DP which is a nice start. From there you'd work towards 269 AP / 347 DP or around there and you can be competitive in pvp too.
So, it sounds like seasons are essentially just a way for people to "start" a new class/character, yeah?

Are there any good resources to read/watch for new folks? I imagine a shitload has changed in 2 years and I'd like to get caught back up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would probably sell whatever gear you can, and then make a seasonal character and focus on getting pen tuvala gear. Season server also throws a bunch of free stuff at you to get your new character going. For the horses, if you go to a stable master you can register horses on the market to sell. I would keep your best T8 and sell the rest, or even sell them all if the skills are bad. You want the following skills on a T8 to make it a courser (courser skills are most of the good ones, and coursers can be evolved to T9).
So uh, I can't seem to sell any of the gear I already have. It's greyed out for some reason. What am I missing here?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're trying to sell it at the marketplace(auction house) not a vendor right? Its not locked?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, at the marketplace. Not sure what locked means.

I went with a Lahn on the season server. I'm liking it a lot better than the Striker I started yesterday.

You're also not kidding about the speed of this. Level 33 after only about 3 or so hours, and I think I have more inventory slots than my 56 DK that I played for however many hours (2000 hours played, but most was afk). I swear I had bought a maid, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Not sure what the deal is there. Is there any way to find out what you've spent pearls on? I know I bought some, but I have no idea what I spent them on.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Make sure the items you are trying to sell are at 100% durability. If you bought a maid and activated it there will be an icon just under your upper left screen. Like, a yellow circle with the outline of a chics face. Where all the buttons are for your pets and fairy and shit. Also, if you have any alts, they added a nice feature in the (in-game) character select window. There's a bag icon that lets you see the inventory and equipped items of your alts. Helpful when you've misplaced something.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess either I didn't buy it, or it was just somehow lost. I swear I did. But it's greyed out on the maid icon, so I don't have it.

I have assloads of stuff in the mail...not sure what I should claim. Or heck, I really need to clear my storage out. I'll edit a picture and maybe you can tell me if I should dump anything.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I guess either I didn't buy it, or it was just somehow lost. I swear I did. But it's greyed out on the maid icon, so I don't have it.

I have assloads of stuff in the mail...not sure what I should claim. Or heck, I really need to clear my storage out. I'll edit a picture and maybe you can tell me if I should dump anything.

If you log in to the website there's a purchase history on your info page.

I'm a pack rat with never enough space, so I'm not the one to comment on your hoard.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, it sounds like seasons are essentially just a way for people to "start" a new class/character, yeah?

Are there any good resources to read/watch for new folks? I imagine a shitload has changed in 2 years and I'd like to get caught back up.
This guy has good guides on just about everything. I recommend his guides on the Chenga Tome (quest xp booster) and Quest Leveling Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilDoUsHarm

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seasonal gear at PEN will have you at: 239/241/303. The AP/DP from Adventure Journals do not count towards any quest requirements that might pop (like in the post graduation quest chain this past season). Still really nice and makes the majority of grind spots viable, and even more depending on class.

Some additions to Uriel Uriel post about Seasons.

A Season character has access to the Season Server(s), which have the following benefits:
- No PvP (unless its Guild vs. Guild)
- 100% / 50% XP / SP
- Tuvala Material Drops
- Seasonal Arsha Server (pvp all the time, 50% bonus to drops)

A Seasonal character can play on any Server they wish too, but Tuvala materials only drop on Season Server. A Season character can only use Quest gear, Naru gear and Tuvala gear. The quest gear can be obtained as rewards from doing the MSQ for each region and will get you items for every slot, so if you have everything you can start off at around 177/188 AP/DP. So you can breeze through all content til you need your Tuvala.

Doing the MSQ will give you a set of Naru gear (worse then quest gear) and more than enough of the special stones needed to enhance it. Enhancing Naru gear it super easy, and you'll need to get the Armors and Weapons to PEN. At the end of the Mediah MS you'll be able to convert the Naru armor / weapons into PRI Tuvala. This is when you'll start to get Tuvala enhancement materials: Time Filled Stones, Refined Stones and Tuvala Ore. The Time filled stones are used for enhancement, the Refined Stones can be used to 100% a Tuvala to PRI, DUO or TRI (10, 20, 30) at the cost of durability. The Tuvala Ore is used to exchange for Tuvala Armor, Weapons and Accessories (1, 1, 5 per). These materials are dropped at various grind spots, but each grind spot ONLY drops a certain type of material; Fogans drop Time Filled, Sulfur Mines drop Refined, etc. Note, the Refined Stones and Ore are fairly rare drops, while Time filled stones are pretty common.

The Tuvala gear is like Boss gear, just a lower tier. The Armor / Weapons at PEN are equal to TET Boss gear, while the Accessories at PEN are equal to TRI Boss (without special stats). At the end of the Season you can convert each piece of Tuvala into non Season versions which become Family bound, cannot be sold or have Caphra added to them. You can also pick one Tuvala piece and convert it into an actual Boss gear item that is Family bound, can be enhanced, but cannot be sold. Lots of people do a Season for this one piece so that can safely try for a PEN. This past season they added a post graduation quest chain (around 44 quests) which had you do all kinds of stuff, for a new player, finishing this quest chain could take awhile since it one quest requires 700m worth of gold bars. When completed though, you get another Boss converstion scroll that you can use on a piece of Tuvala gear.

Each Season also has a Milestone path for you to work on, you can also buy a Black Spirit Pass which gives additional rewards for each Milestone (this Seasons BSP is bad, skip it). Plus you get Seasonal Leveling event that gives you even more rewards for hitting various levels.

If anyone has questions ingame, feel free to ask me, family name is: Eiro.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
To add to this, there's a patch up on Global Labs (no idea the time it takes to hit live servers, maybe next week?) that adds more ways (those area pop up quests) to get Tuvala upgrade mats.

1608856294935.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To add to this, there's a patch up on Global Labs (no idea the time it takes to hit live servers, maybe next week?) that adds more ways (those area pop up quests) to get Tuvala upgrade mats.

Yes, lots more recovery materials for all the tet / pen failures. =)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm at level 54 and 138 AP and following the main storyline. The last several places I've gone that had me killing mobs have been painful to say the least (Helms, Rogue Den, and basically all the bosses you fight for the story).

Like, I'm at the Soldier's Grave area and I sat there for probably 3-4 minutes smashing skeletons to kill a total of 8. Burned through about 25 potions just to stay alive.

There's no way this is supposed to be that hard. Any ideas?

Here's my gear at the moment (Naru helm/main are PEN, but those items have higher stats).

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Defiance

<Bronze Donator>
So I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm at level 54 and 138 AP and following the main storyline. The last several places I've gone that had me killing mobs have been painful to say the least (Helms, Rogue Den, and basically all the bosses you fight for the story).

Like, I'm at the Soldier's Grave area and I sat there for probably 3-4 minutes smashing skeletons to kill a total of 8. Burned through about 25 potions just to stay alive.

Here's my gear at the moment (Naru helm/main are PEN, but those items have higher stats).

View attachment 325373

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure thats what I used last season as a guide. I dont really remember having much trouble last season on my lahn in mediah, and once you finish that and upgrade to Tuvala, Valencia will be a breeze. Make sure you unlock awakening and succession at 56, succ lahn is a really good grinding class. Awakening is better at 1v1 pvp since it has a grab but that won't really matter on season server, and its a much worse pve spec.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

View attachment 325373
You should be fine wherever you go to in Mediah and parts of Valencia with that gear. Don't worry about unlocking Succession when you hit 56, it will be pretty useless for you since it needs quite a Skill Points. The Lahn awakening will be better and need less Skill Points. Any issues you're having could just be from not being super familiar with the class.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You should be fine wherever you go to in Mediah and parts of Valencia with that gear. Don't worry about unlocking Succession when you hit 56, it will be pretty useless for you since it needs quite a Skill Points. The Lahn awakening will be better and need less Skill Points. Any issues you're having could just be from not being super familiar with the class.
You'd think so. Just did the Awakened Black Spirit boss. In the time it took me to kill it, 3 different Nova's all killed theirs.

I'm doing something majorly wrong, and I have no clue what. Level 55 and full PEN Naru now. I was told Lahn was one of the best PVE classes, and I can't seem to fucking kill anything.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Nah succession is the way to go, don't need many skillpoints to be better than awakening. Focus on your spin skill, neutral RMB, backwards F and the DP reducer/hard hitter (salpurri? I forget not at home). Backwards LMB for some healing, forward F and forward RMB for more mobility. Even with low sp succession is just better for pve than awakening, you have super armor on most skills and you'll be a lot safer.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Been seeing ads for this everywhere, it's playable on PS5, and Nova is pretty hot. Considering giving it a go. Like the look of the Witch class.

Only problem is I've got a lot to do in EQ and I've still got LOTRO and FF14 to get into at some point when EQ dies down. Adding another MMO is probably too much. I've been putting both of those off for literally years even though I really want to play through both to a high level.

Also, a game being gorgeous and having a hawt character to play as only goes so far. I think I got to like level 8 in Tera before I sodded off back to EQ, and Tera was pretty cool.

But yeah, I'm really tempted to check this out. Just wish I had more time to go around.