Black Desert

Molten Core Raider
Apparently I didnt log in within the window to be eligible to receive all those rewards, looks like I missed it by one day. The desire to play has been reduced to zero :(

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you check your mail? They just mailed out a bunch of stuff today.

Here's a fairly up to date tier list made by a streamer in one of the top pvp guilds. Note that in the recent dev update of whats upcoming, they said they don't plan to nerf anything really but plan to buff a lot of classes.

tier list.png

I would also say make a few trial characters and mess around with them to see if you like the way they look and feel. Some play fast like ninja/kuno/awk.war and actually benefit from higher FPS (this is being fixed next year btw), others are slow like guardian, some have aimed casts like witch/wiz, etc.

I love my Lahn for the mobility/flying and the way her moves look, she's also a great grinder.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
Yep, mail empty. My returning player attendance reward is up to day 4, which means i logged in for the first time Sunday, the cutoff for receiving the rewards was Saturday according to their site. Think Im outta luck.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did you check your mail? They just mailed out a bunch of stuff today.

Here's a fairly up to date tier list made by a streamer in one of the top pvp guilds. Note that in the recent dev update of whats upcoming, they said they don't plan to nerf anything really but plan to buff a lot of classes.

View attachment 323939

I would also say make a few trial characters and mess around with them to see if you like the way they look and feel. Some play fast like ninja/kuno/awk.war and actually benefit from higher FPS (this is being fixed next year btw), others are slow like guardian, some have aimed casts like witch/wiz, etc.

I love my Lahn for the mobility/flying and the way her moves look, she's also a great grinder.

So thinking warrior or wizard. Recovered my old launch account so I have a few years of gifts to redeem, so I should wait to redeem those on the seasonal character?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So thinking warrior or wizard. Recovered my old launch account so I have a few years of gifts to redeem, so I should wait to redeem those on the seasonal character?
Don't redeem anything that might be character bound unless you like that character. Redeem account stuff whenever.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, mail empty. My returning player attendance reward is up to day 4, which means i logged in for the first time Sunday, the cutoff for receiving the rewards was Saturday according to their site. Think Im outta luck.
Did you get the codes? Those gave you the Hammers, and maybe a free t4 pet.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's more good stuff if you log on now for todays reset, 2 boxes with a chance for good stuff.

B_Mizzle

Logged in last night, they've added alot in the last couple of years. Pretty daunting. Was reading some stuff, which class would be best for lifeskilling, thinking bartering?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can lifeskill on any class, but musa is popular for its mobility and shai starts with higher gathering than other classes. Bartering is gonna have a slow start btw, you'll be stockpiling goods for a while before you start making money. But if you want one of the cool upgraded ships thats the thing to do. Start by doing the sailing questline to level it up some.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
A bunch more codes

BDO56TR, BDO48ED, BDO5f95, BDO98DR, BDO4VTR, BDO8PUA, BDO65FR, BDO7VFR, BDO3FUA, BDOPJKL, BDONOXA, BDO5PAF, BDO4PAS, BDOYTGU

B_Mizzle

Been at it for a few days now, digging the game. Leveling a shai for life skills on the EXP boost server and going to do a wizard seasonal. The leveling is very fast which I like. Question about the world bosses, so is the game to just go and get a few hits on one of them to get loot off them or is there more to it than that?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been at it for a few days now, digging the game. Leveling a shai for life skills on the EXP boost server and going to do a wizard seasonal. The leveling is very fast which I like. Question about the world bosses, so is the game to just go and get a few hits on one of them to get loot off them or is there more to it than that?
Yea, but be careful. They added suped up versions of three of the world bosses now which simply one shot you, much more intense fights. I would recommend, at some point, having a "boss alt" for them since you will get crystals destroyed often if you die to a world boss.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
New season server is up, Nova is really fun for me so far, definitely a slower tankier class though but I think she's gonna be pretty strong.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So it's been over three years since I've played. No clue why I reinstalled, but I logged in and (unsurprisingly) I had no fucking clue what I was doing. Like, literally nothing.

I'm assuming I should just start a character from scratch, so any suggestions?

Here's the gear on my main character. Don't even remember class names, but uh, yeah. Not sure if anything is worthwhile.

Untitled.png

I feel like I spent a lot of time doing horses, so not sure if these are worthwhile either to try to transfer (not sure how that's done, either).

Untitled2.png

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would probably sell whatever gear you can, and then make a seasonal character and focus on getting pen tuvala gear. Season server also throws a bunch of free stuff at you to get your new character going. For the horses, if you go to a stable master you can register horses on the market to sell. I would keep your best T8 and sell the rest, or even sell them all if the skills are bad. You want the following skills on a T8 to make it a courser (courser skills are most of the good ones, and coursers can be evolved to T9).

courserT8.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How much time investment will it take to do that?

Any recommendations on class?

How do you get those codes (BDOHAMM, etc) to give you stuff? I "redeemed" them on Steam, but I don't see them anywhere in game.

One of my T8 horses has all but the S skills, guess I'll keep that one.

Anything else I need to claim and/or do? Game is super overwhelming. Do I need to give a shit about the story? I've got a ton of crap in my storage, I'm assuming nodes send it automatically? I get tons of prompts that I've "produced" stuff, but I barely remember what that means.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Season leveling is really fast, but getting pen tuvala will take a couple weeks at least, mainly because you get a lot of the upgrade mats from weekly kill quests. You could rush it sooner by grinding a lot and farming summoned bosses with a group.

For classes, if you want something slower and heavy hitting I'd say guardian or nova, if you want something quicker and pretty tough striker maybe, witch and wizard are great but they're casters so they play a little different. Sorceress is also really good. I wouldn't say any class is terrible though right now, though avoid Shai as a main they're a bit different than all other classes.

For the codes once you've redeemed them on your account and claimed for North America, the rewards will be in your mail you can access bottom right of the screen.

The game is definitely overwhelming at first, there's a ton of stuff to do but you can just focus on one thing at a time. The story isn't bad but there's no need to pay attention unless you're interested. The meat of the game is sandbox stuff, do what you want type thing. The stuff you're producing is from worker nodes all across the map, which you invested in using your CP before. To keep them producing you feed your workers beer or something as they run out of stamina.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How much time investment will it take to do that?

Any recommendations on class?

How do you get those codes (BDOHAMM, etc) to give you stuff? I "redeemed" them on Steam, but I don't see them anywhere in game.

One of my T8 horses has all but the S skills, guess I'll keep that one.

Anything else I need to claim and/or do? Game is super overwhelming. Do I need to give a shit about the story? I've got a ton of crap in my storage, I'm assuming nodes send it automatically? I get tons of prompts that I've "produced" stuff, but I barely remember what that means.
The game is completely different now. No class you may have played in the past plays the same way now, so due to that, starting up a new class is a good idea. Not sure I would recommend Nova, as she is going to be a state of flux for several weeks, but going with Nova will get you some extra rewards. If you want to play a class which is in a good spot, I would also suggest Guardian / Witch / Wiz, they are all extremely good grinders right now, and none of them expect much from you the player (aside from Succ Witch/Wiz, which are are high apm classes).

If you make a Season character, just do what the game wants you to do to hit each of the Season Milestones. This will have you play through the MSQ for Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah. Lots of questing, most of it just the "go here and talk, then come back" variety, but you'll be rewarded for doing them. Doing a Season character will keep you busy for the three months its lasts, especially since you'll basically be starting over. If you want some guides to follow, look up "EvilDoUsHarm" on youtube, he has a guide on pretty much everything you'll want to know about.

A note to everyone playing. You can upgrade to the Deluxe Package for only $27, which is a very good deal considering how much you get. This is available via the website and steam.