Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
are there any major differences between playing this on Console or PC?

is controller support on PC decent or a pain in the ass? I had played it a few years ago but wasn't crazy about the keyboard / mouse for combat and aiming and wasn't sure if a controller would be much smoother for it or if that came with huge drawbacks as well

thanks
PC has full controller support. When you enable it, the UI switches over to what Console has, but I'm not sure how good it functions as I've not tried either. There is a wizzy in my guild that grinds like a madman and uses the controller just fine.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Console content is catching up to PC on content, like console are getting Corsair tomorrow same time as the PC version. I think Pearl Abyss end game is to have content parity between the 2 at some point.

I‘ve switched to console recently and I’m enjoying it, granted I’ve become more of a console player now in general since I vastly prefer playing on a 55” Oled tv than a 27” monitor and in a recliner chair vs an office chair. That and my PC is over 5 years old and next gen console outperform it. :)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Console content is catching up to PC on content, like console are getting Corsair tomorrow same time as the PC version. I think Pearl Abyss end game is to have content parity between the 2 at some point.

I‘ve switched to console recently and I’m enjoying it, granted I’ve become more of a console player now in general since I vastly prefer playing on a 55” Oled tv than a 27” monitor and in a recliner chair vs an office chair. That and my PC is over 5 years old and next gen console outperform it. :)
I thought about doing the same, but no PS5 for me, plus I've invested a lot into the PC version.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Console version is still missing a fuckload of content. They don't have Doom or Dine, only Pegasus. They only JUST got Sycria, they don't have Caphras (although I think they might've just got those as well?), bartering, blackstar, manos gear, Epherial Carrack, etc. Lifeskilling already sucks compared to grinding, trying to do it without Manos as well? Fucking ewwww.

100% go PC and just plug in a controller if you're that insistent on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Corsair has some pretty cool moves, but the movement abilities seem to get stuck on every blade of grass which is making grinding annoying so far. A lot of people are expecting some sort of gun for the awakening, I'm really hoping they give it different/better movement abilities too.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Really nice to see them removing/fixing the way newer classes move.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Really nice to see them removing/fixing the way newer classes move.
That change to world bosses is fucking LOL. They're already not worth doing in most cases and now you can't even really use an alt there, unless you're going full tryhard with it? I'm fine with them requiring a certain level of damage, but it needs to come coupled with increased loot chances in that case.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It depends on the amount of dmg really. Maybe it just means you need a char that's at least 56 with like 200AP or whatever, as opposed to having a lvl 7 naked ranger. If they mean you need a char with proper gear then yeah it's fucking stupid, especially since some of them are still idiotic to do on your main when you can just lose crystals.

Edit: Page says you need 0.01% of the total boss hp shared across all servers. No idea how much that is in practice though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They already did something similar with the normal world bosses back when they made them server wide, but this might be a bit more strict given that the Nightmare versions have more health.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting watch if you're one of those BDO players who are burnt out (very long though):

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Interesting watch if you're one of those BDO players who are burnt out (very long though):

I love Morrolan. His thoughts almost completely mirror mine, though I haven't played for as long. He's an old-school MMOer and really "gets" a lot of what makes these games/systems fun.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love Morrolan. His thoughts almost completely mirror mine, though I haven't played for as long. He's an old-school MMOer and really "gets" a lot of what makes these games/systems fun.
I felt you would agree with him, as do I mostly. I kinda bad for him in that he hopes to find some other game that will get his interest as much as BDO did, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen (maybe with LA). His comments at the end are something we here can all relate to 100%, that we can see potential in a game and know it can be better "if only it did x"... we've all spent hours and hours in a game and those thoughts come up. Yet for Morro, I think this feeling towards BDO of being so close, yet so far from the greatness he can see in the game... makes him a bit jaded.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got exposed to him through his node series way back and just watched his whole 'quit' video, but I'm not sure why because I haven't played BDO in years. A few months ago, I did log ib once to preserve my account, but I didn't actually do anything.

Now that I think about it, I suspect I watched Morrolan's 'quit' video because BDO is a heartbreaker. The game is like a super hot girlfriend that is batshit crazy, but you know it's never going to work out. So you enjoy it as long as you can before the crazy is just too much and you have to walk away....

ya, that's exactly it...

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I made it to 60, and I am starting in Kamasylvia. Pretty different than the desert of Valencia.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got that. Came across a YouTube video about it when I was 58 or so and went and did the quest for it right away.
excellent! Make sure you do all the little side quests from the merchant at the Gargoyles to the little farm to the West Atanis pond. You should be close to 20% by the time you get to Old Wisdom Tree. There is a little questline in between Atanis and Old Wisdom tree that should give 8%. Make sure you do Looney and Wiennie side quests, and then the side quests at Lake Oggier (where all the Otters are). Should be pretty chill to get to 61 without ever grinding.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
excellent! Make sure you do all the little side quests from the merchant at the Gargoyles to the little farm to the West Atanis pond. You should be close to 20% by the time you get to Old Wisdom Tree. There is a little questline in between Atanis and Old Wisdom tree that should give 8%. Make sure you do Looney and Wiennie side quests, and then the side quests at Lake Oggier (where all the Otters are). Should be pretty chill to get to 61 without ever grinding.

Yeah I am doing all sidequests I come across, I'm a quester at heart...I actually read them too. ;)

The game has vastly improved the leveling experience since the early days, especially with season servers bonuses.

I got a new quest from Black Spirit when I hit 60 that sends me back to Valencia and I think it's the one that opens up the Family Inventory. So will be doing that tonight I think.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What the hell? Thought I'd give this another shot, but quickly discovered you can only create one character? And if you want to delete it and start over, you have to wait 24 hours for deletion?