Black Desert

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So even as a "new" or "low gear" player, you're likely still better off grinding shit like Sulfur Mines, Cents, Gahaz, etc. and then just buying extra pots that people farmed.

I feel like this is super bad advice. I just finished up the mana potion grinding it from scratch on a seasonal zerker. Pity pieces make this pretty easy. It took about 2-3 hours a day over 2 weeks to finish it up. I did have the Tshira Ruins piece drop when I was at 17 pity pieces, so that took a chunk out of the grind time. I had the Manshaum piece drop at 96 pity pieces. I did the Valtarra piece whenever I had full energy (490) between whatever else I was doing and went the full 100 pity pieces distance. I also made a few billion in drops and trash items for my time (33 Narcs for example).

As a new player, seasonal is about the best you can do, places like Blood Wolves can now earn you from 600m to 900m+ an hour with the Kagtunak drops.

I agree with Nyx and share his outlook, grinding purely silver isn't very motivational for me. I'm probably doing it wrong though, but I feel like it keeps me engaged for longer. Now I'm off to grind Thornwood for an hour or so a seasonal (bleh), I should probably just graduate.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this is super bad advice. I just finished up the mana potion grinding it from scratch on a seasonal zerker. Pity pieces make this pretty easy. It took about 2-3 hours a day over 2 weeks to finish it up. I did have the Tshira Ruins piece drop when I was at 17 pity pieces, so that took a chunk out of the grind time. I had the Manshaum piece drop at 96 pity pieces. I did the Valtarra piece whenever I had full energy (490) between whatever else I was doing and went the full 100 pity pieces distance. I also made a few billion in drops and trash items for my time (33 Narcs for example).

As a new player, seasonal is about the best you can do, places like Blood Wolves can now earn you from 600m to 900m+ an hour with the Kagtunak drops.

I agree with Nyx and share his outlook, grinding purely silver isn't very motivational for me. I'm probably doing it wrong though, but I feel like it keeps me engaged for longer. Now I'm off to grind Thornwood for an hour or so a seasonal (bleh), I should probably just graduate.
Well, it's really going to depend on what PA allows the pot to be worth. If it's 15b? That's only roughly 30ish hours of grinding shit like Cents, Gahaz, etc. If they do something crazy and do 30b or so? Yeah, of course it'd then be more worthwhile to grind your own as a seasonal.

Having said that, I do admit that I'm a bit "out of touch" when it comes to pot farming now and the whole "pity" pieces system. When I grinded it, pity pieces never existed nor did the "mini" versions of the pot. With both of those factored in, maybe it is less than 30 hours of time investment, I don't know. Judging by your time spent, it appears that it took you roughly around that 30 hour mark, which is WAAAAAY less than it used to take (and with the whole weekly pity thing now, you're flat out guaranteed the pot after 60 weeks even if that's all you do). If the average is around 30 hours now, I'd have to concede that it's probably then better to just grind your own.

But, depending on what PA does with the price, it might indeed be faster to just grind the silver. Plus, you only ever need 1 since this change will likely coincide with the ability to use the pot from the family inventory. Items like that are going to just sit on "buy" after a couple months, dropping the price even further. If it only takes 10b to get a pot? There's 0 chance I'd ever recommend farming your own.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That seems way off, unless you're just super lucky.

I've got 22 hours each on Ronaros and Blood Wolves tracked in Garmoth for my pot pieces. No clue about Sherekhan (didn't track those), but that was my only full piece drop.

I'm also a little bit confused by this "600-900m+" an hour at fucking Blood Wolves? My best hours at Orcs are around 750m. And I averaged about 300m at Blood Wolves (~ 5 months ago). There's no fucking way Blood Wolves got buffed that much.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That seems way off, unless you're just super lucky.

I've got 22 hours each on Ronaros and Blood Wolves tracked in Garmoth for my pot pieces. No clue about Sherekhan (didn't track those), but that was my only full piece drop.

I'm also a little bit confused by this "600-900m+" an hour at fucking Blood Wolves? My best hours at Orcs are around 750m. And I averaged about 300m at Blood Wolves (~ 5 months ago). There's no fucking way Blood Wolves got buffed that much.
Yeah, 900m is complete horseshit. I have no idea where he pulled that number from. Maybe he got an hour with 8 Kag drops and thinks that's representative of the silver/hour at the spot.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, 900m is complete horseshit. I have no idea where he pulled that number from. Maybe he got an hour with 8 Kag drops and thinks that's representative of the silver/hour at the spot.
Nah, its totally feasible, just not likely. The Fang crystals are selling above 210m, getting a couple of those in an hour grind, plus the other stuff will get you above 600m for sure. But getting that many is very rare.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
A good hour...
bwgrind.png

A bad hour...

bwgrind2.png

A fucking incredible hour...

bwgrind3.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A good hour...
View attachment 484764

A bad hour...

View attachment 484766

A fucking incredible hour...

View attachment 484767
Your "bad" hour is on a yellow loot scroll and you also had a Kag drop, which is only expected about once/ 2 hours. So, even your "bad" hour is inflated. This is exactly why Garmoth is trash, because people inflate the fuck out of it.

"Guys, I had agris + yellow loot scroll and got 6 disto earring drops at Star's End this hour. Basically a 2.5+ billion silver/hour spot, boiz!".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those numbers look absolutely ridiculous. I mean, I guess if they're legitimate, good for you. You're blowing pretty much every grind spot out of the water, including endgame shit like Hexe. Congratulations, you beat the game. Grind Blood Wolves till your eyes bleed because literally nothing will beat that.

Shit, even on pities you're crushing it. My best hours were 7, 5, and then a few at 4.

(ignore my buffs for these, as it was the first place I input in Garmoth and I didn't figure out what I was doing)
Untitled.png

For comparison, here are my Orcs grinds (287k/365). Even burning 100k agris I can't even get half of your silver/hr.

Untitled.png

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Succ zerker is gonna pull a lot more trash / hr than lahn or pretty much any other class at those one shot spots, their mobility is too good.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For sure. And I'm not an amazing grinder or anything.

But 1.4T beats everywhere else in the game by a significant margin.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
grinf1.png

1 hr. Shop buff, blue scroll, shit rotation, Agris. Didn't even see the second Kagtanuk drop, just the first.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You pulling up SEA marketplace or something? because on bdolytics that's the one that matches that pic with 38 in stock and the high price. NA and EU are showing me significantly more listed and more like 200m than 300m.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh random question since I see the Garmoth posts, how does Garmoth work in terms of input, do you have to fill up everything yourself or does it have a way to pull your inventory content via an API? It looks nice to get an idea of what you pull from each spot and stuff but if you have to input everything manually it kinda sounds annoying.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh random question since I see the Garmoth posts, how does Garmoth work in terms of input, do you have to fill up everything yourself or does it have a way to pull your inventory content via an API? It looks nice to get an idea of what you pull from each spot and stuff but if you have to input everything manually it kinda sounds annoying.
You basically set characters with different loadouts, buff loadouts, crystal loadouts, etc. And then select them, and within each grind session set any additional buffs (like if there's a 50% drop rate event, etc). Once you get it setup with your usual setup, it's pretty fast. Just input all the item drops and you're basically done.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
You pulling up SEA marketplace or something? because on bdolytics that's the one that matches that pic with 38 in stock and the high price. NA and EU are showing me significantly more listed and more like 200m than 300m.

Yes, not everyone plays on NA.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You basically set characters with different loadouts, buff loadouts, crystal loadouts, etc. And then select them, and within each grind session set any additional buffs (like if there's a 50% drop rate event, etc). Once you get it setup with your usual setup, it's pretty fast. Just input all the item drops and you're basically done.
But you do have to input everything, guess that makes sense since an API would add unnecessary load on the servers but kinda sucks there's not a way to get a csv filedump or something from your inventory that you then upload to garmoth and it just sorts that shit out itself.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder how much difference the spawn timer change made.

I know at Manshaums, the rotation I used to do could now support 3-4 people compared to just the 1 before. Shit just spawns so fast. Cut down a ton of travel time, as you just circle around 8-10 packs now.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
grinf2.png

I guess I live here now. (2 hr run, blue scroll, tent buff, no agris). Those 2 marni bounties are 20k wolves each.