Black Desert

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya those are some nice grinding numbers, but afk fishing while login/code freebies pile up is where its at.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how much difference the spawn timer change made.
For a typical bloodwolves pot rotation? Almost nothing. Sure, the spots "support" more people now, but you could get in a full rotation without overclearing on the "main" rotation down by the node. Same with Manshaums. All the change really allows for is more people to be grinding the spots, rather than each rotation only supporting about 1 person.

Sure, it might allow you to get in more of the "pot specific" mobs like shaman or executioners into the rotation but that isn't taking a 300m/hour spot to 1.5 bil/hour.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
grinf3.png

Another 2 hour block, no agris, blue scroll, tent buff. It's been a very profitable day. (edit: I got a PRI Valtarra from the marni)

I'll stop posting these now, I think I've left enough evidence to back up my claim.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 484829

Another 2 hour block, no agris, blue scroll, tent buff. It's been a very profitable day. (edit: I got a PRI Valtarra from the marni)

I'll stop posting these now, I think I've left enough evidence to back up my claim.
Grats bro. 0 idea why anybody grinds on anything but a 249 seasonal zerker at Blood Wolves. You literally broke the meta.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
Shoulda started it ages ago, but I began the Garmoth heart quest today. Most everything seems fairly straightforward, but 400 Nouver scales :emoji_expressionless:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Shoulda started it ages ago, but I began the Garmoth heart quest today. Most everything seems fairly straightforward, but 400 Nouver scales :emoji_expressionless:
Still faster than getting one from Cronmoth, unless you're a bitch ass titty fuck whore bitch like Gravel Gravel .

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Molten Core Raider
I mean, if you can tell me where the bitch ass titty fuck whore bitch line starts, I'd consider it if I could get two hearts quick :p

Ive never actually farmed Turos before either, just gave that a whirl solo. Went pretty well, but coming up with 50 hearts may take a minute too. Seems like a good way to burn time in between my pot grinds.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grats bro. 0 idea why anybody grinds on anything but a 249 seasonal zerker at Blood Wolves. You literally broke the meta.
But they were right, and you were wrong. It is ok.

Hope they are not using some sort of macro. There was some KR post about using a new tool to detect people that afk grind via holding down buttons for too long in sequence or some such. Funny reddit thread:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Have this on Steam but never played it. Apparently I can solo in most of this and it's not P2W anymore, just grindy? Only 3 "DLC" of dubious use to buy that I see on Steam.

Any advice for a completely new player/character? I'm reading all the "newbie" type guides, not asking for a full FAQ, maybe just a couple links that have reliable current info on the game.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But they were right, and you were wrong. It is ok.
Yes, the sample size of about 8-10 grinding hours means that Blood Wolves is basically 1bil silver/hour on a seasonal character. Especially with how easy it is to sell all those Combined Magic crystals and Kagtum rings.

What a fuckin' idiot I am. Hell, what a bunch of complete fucking idiots the entire BDO community is, wasting their time sweating at places like Hexe, Trolls, etc. instead of just snoozing it out on a seasonal zerker at pot spots.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, the sample size of about 8-10 grinding hours means that Blood Wolves is basically 1bil silver/hour on a seasonal character. Especially with how easy it is to sell all those Combined Magic crystals and Kagtum rings.

What a fuckin' idiot I am. Hell, what a bunch of complete fucking idiots the entire BDO community is, wasting their time sweating at places like Hexe, Trolls, etc. instead of just snoozing it out on a seasonal zerker at pot spots.
Yes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have this on Steam but never played it. Apparently I can solo in most of this and it's not P2W anymore, just grindy? Only 3 "DLC" of dubious use to buy that I see on Steam.

Any advice for a completely new player/character? I'm reading all the "newbie" type guides, not asking for a full FAQ, maybe just a couple links that have reliable current info on the game.

There's DLC? I haven't paid for any content in this game. I paid for the game at launch and that was it.

Or do you mean those packages? That give you a bunch of stuff + coins/pearls?

I would say as advice , pick something and do it and then pick another thing. Because if you try to do everything at once you will just have a bunch of 50% finished things and be overwhelmed.

Do magnus quest line asap. the linked storage reward is just way too good imo.

For example, do on questing sprees. Spend a weekend doing MSQ for all the knowledge/contribution. Or things like logs(Bartali, the one that increases agris etc).

Then the next session go for say a more immediate gain, spend as long as possible in seasons, grinding pot pieces.

There is also the life skills side of things.

Just so much you can do. Why just have to pick parts and do them to completion(if they can be done like that, some cant, like the heart quest above).

Don't destroy anything, store it unless you can be very confident its not important later(via good google research). And google a lot.

Pay attention to codes(garmoth.com) and event pages(either on their site or via in game) to not miss out on free shit. Like atm you can still log in for the free dream horse, which is a big freebie.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, those aren't actually DLC, just packages of cash shop stuff. None are required to play.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Nah I realize they arn't DLC, why I put it in quotes, I just mean the value of them seems dubious without playing the game, there are only 3 so I took it as a good sign. Many F2P games have a bigger list of packs and other crap to buy.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Nah I realize they arn't DLC, why I put it in quotes, I just mean the value of them seems dubious without playing the game, there are only 3 so I took it as a good sign. Many F2P games have a bigger list of packs and other crap to buy.

That's just Steam, that's not the Pearl shop.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

It really depends on what your goals are with BDO in terms of what content creators to look into and what to start with.

The game isn't really "p2w", but it does have "p2w" elements, if that makes sense? It's wildly inefficient and you're limited to the amount of things you can list, but you can technically do it, yes..

My advice would be to do the initial quest (I'd highly recommend starting with ancient stone chamber quest line) and get yourself to 56-60 asap. A word of caution is that this game is absolute DOGSHIT from 1-56 (basically, pre awakening is trash) on pretty much every class. It's one of the biggest things they need to update for new players going forward. The 1-56 experience isn't at all an accurate representation of how the game, let alone your class functions.

If you make it to that point and still love the game, I'd invest $40-60 into the pearl shop (basically the cost of a "box") and sit on them until they pass out a discount coupon(they usually throw these out monthly). Once they do, use the pearls + discount to get yourself a tent - it'll literally be the single best QOL investment you can get out of the pearl shop and is almost mandatory at this point, whether you lifeskill or do combat.

After that, it's up to you if you want to throw out more money for shit like weight, inventory room, storage maids, costumes, etc. (a lot of this stuff is given away "free" now pretty often with events, codes, etc. so isn't really that mandatory like it used to be). There's also the horse calling horn that is a massive QOL upgrade, but I'm pretty sure they give you a 14 day version for free now and you can use that time to start doing the dailies required for the "free" version.

TLDR: Do the initial quest, get to 56 asap, do your class' awakening quest asap, and then go from there. Don't spend anything until you're sure you enjoy the game - it definitely isn't for everyone.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, for new seasonal characters, I don't even bother to learn any of the skills until level 59 or 60. I literally just mash combos hoping something works. Then once I need to grind on it, I'll look up a combos guide for the class. Before that it's a waste of time.

And something I learned from the Choice 700 gear score challenge is that if you're going to spend money, go for the 60+60 deal, which is apparently only available to new players (not sure what the timeframe is though). You get $120 worth of cash shop shit to spend which should be more than enough to get everything you need (weight, pets, campsite...not really sure what else tbh, as they give away so many maids and shit now).

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
(weight, pets, campsite...not really sure what else tbh, as they give away so many maids and shit now).
Honestly, even weight and pets are almost unnecessary now with season journey rewards and the "suggested" quest tab. They really did a great job removing a lot of the worst aspects of P2W. I typically dump $10-20/month into pearls(basically the cost of a modern day subscription)and have plenty of maids, inventory, etc. to the point where I'll even skip a month or two here and there.

Like Gravel Gravel said, grab the 6000+6000 deal or whatever it is for new players. Grab a tent with some of them when they give out a coupon and then just sit on the rest of the pearls until deals come up that look interesting. Or you realize you really want more inventory room, the ability to carry more trash loot, storage maids to move shit around, etc.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Made character, game started then part where it shows controls, my view/zoom is basically stuck up my characters ass and I can't see anything. Halp! I got past it, but camera controls are screwy, and I can't turn camera to right either? Can't see anything in settings that affects my issue. Guess I'll hunt down a solution to that problem asap.

Never done a tutorial literally up my own ass before, thanks for taking that off the bucket list Black Desert!

My interest is pretty casual for now. My understanding is you can solo most of the game, plenty of stuff to do, and the store stuff is mostly optional unless you want to speed things up. Just want to check the game out for awhile, having a hell of a time finding a game to fill the hole D4 was supposed to fill, if I like it enough to keep playing a week from now I'll usually throw some money at it.