Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That marni change looks pretty crazy, I thought getting a 2nd hour or a stacking system so you can pool say 3days and then grind for 3hours in a row would be nice, but every other hour sounds pretty busted if you just alternate between life skilling/random shit/afking and farming.

I had kinda been eyeing coming back to this at some point but I guess when that hits I might give it a go again. Apparently won't be right away though cause they need to optimize it cause it puts strain on the servers.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I figured best case scenario would be we may get 5 hours a week of Marni. And that's if they changed it at all. That's pretty crazy.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And with the 5 minute server swap now, lifeskillers are up big. Do marni, lifeskill for an hour, marni, repeat.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried to some ppl in streams who were mad to explain why they were mad, they would only say variations on: I like open world pvp!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's bizarre too, because even the people that like pvp are always complaining because DP and evasion builds both mean jack shit because everyone gets one or two shot.

So "open world pvp" doesn't even exist in the game anymore. It's literally whoever gets the drop first immediately kills the other person before they know what happened.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These people were also mad about the increase in Marni instance availability, lol. Their main excuse as to being mad about the dec+dec / family karma was that ppl could grind over them without consequence. Yet..you could simply go into a marni zone if it was available, or the other person could. Or even swap channels. Such a stupid argument to try and make to avoid saying "I like to grief".

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was looking at my Succ Ranger and Succ Valk today and noticed neither of them have any add-ons for Prime skills (aside from the Awakening crossovers), is this true for all Succession classes?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's bizarre too, because even the people that like pvp are always complaining because DP and evasion builds both mean jack shit because everyone gets one or two shot.

So "open world pvp" doesn't even exist in the game anymore. It's literally whoever gets the drop first immediately kills the other person before they know what happened.

I don't think BDO has good pvp combat, as you said its over way too fast, highly ping dependant (and FPS dependant, which is why you see people running on super low graphics which I hate). The aspect of territory control with node wars and siege is good, but the actual fighting is one of my least favorite in an MMO. The combat is great for PvE though. The more they move away from open world PvP, the better (this coming from someone who generally loves open world PvP in games like Archeage, Albion and EVE).

Edit:
749 comments :trump:
749commentsLOL.jpg

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
10 shakatu boxes a week for 300m each right now.

My week 1 results:

week1Pulls.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Molten Core Raider
My boxes were so bad. Crons everywhere. Getting close to another PEN blackstar attempt though, more disappointment right around the corner!

I do have a random question: If one person has a preorder up for say 10,000 silver and a dozen people have preorders up for 12,000 silver. If I choose to sell the item in question for 10,000 will that person get it, or will it autosell for the higher amount? If I can pick and choose based on preorder price, I might can hook some of y'all up with these fruits of enchantment if anyone needs any. Im about to have a couple hundred more in about an hour

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't even really make back your money when you factor in market tax and you got pretty RNG carried with the ominous and lunar. Scam boxes for sure.
I bought one and was like, nope, this is bullshit. Oh well.

• 1Truth!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My boxes were so bad. Crons everywhere. Getting close to another PEN blackstar attempt though, more disappointment right around the corner!

I do have a random question: If one person has a preorder up for say 10,000 silver and a dozen people have preorders up for 12,000 silver. If I choose to sell the item in question for 10,000 will that person get it, or will it autosell for the higher amount? If I can pick and choose based on preorder price, I might can hook some of y'all up with these fruits of enchantment if anyone needs any. Im about to have a couple hundred more in about an hour
Afaik, it will sell at the higher price if PO's are up. I think at one time it used to sell for what you wanted, and people used that to move items to other people, so it was changed.

Molten Core Raider
Bummer. Im kinda digging this farming thing, gives me something to do while Im at work and cant really grind or do anything too focused and was wanting to share some of the spoils. Getting plenty of life skilling done at least.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10 shakatu boxes a week for 300m each right now.

My week 1 results:

View attachment 484160

You did a lot better than me.

I got sharps, hards and cronstones. Even adding the box from the x10 exchange from shakatu(that box just gave me more cronstones).

Got about 1.3 billion in silver value from those 3 things and spent 3 billion. Wont do it again. I never get anything good from shakatu boxes and used all my RNG jesus mojo for the pen BS.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I bought one and was like, nope, this is bullshit. Oh well.
PA does those a lot - hence the meme "scam box". It's a pretty genius way to delete silver from the economy every now and then.

The "bad" thing is that it only really traps new or "newish" players. So, it acts similar to the real economy in that poors spend all their money on frivolous shit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just did it for fun, I was still riding the high from the previous day's good luck. Opening those 11 boxes was a good way to bury that good feeling back into the abyss where it belongs in these types of games.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users