Black Desert

Molten Core Raider
Also, can't you transfer or copy your progress from your season character to a new character? I've never done it, so I'm hazy on the details, but would probably be useful for him.
Fugar's Timepiece. This has all the details. The short answer is it allows you to make a second character that will be at the same level and have the same amount of skill points as your season character. It's good for making boss alts :p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody ever hitch a "ride" for the sailing dailies? I'm getting tired of doing these in my dogshit ass Caravel. Do you just accept all the quests and then hop on the boat of somebody with a Carrack? Do they accept the "young" versions of the sea monster quests, or do they do the "normal" ones?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, holy shit, don't do sailies on your own. That's insanity. Hitch a ride with someone and knock it out in under an hour. I've got a Valor and if I wanted to run em again I'd still hitch a ride. I'll see if I can find a guide when I'm not on my phone, but yeah, you grab all the quests besides OE (you get them when you stop there, and only adults) and knock em out.

I did most of mine with Bunny, but I'm in Masterbait now and Kamidus runs them as well as Jolly (who split off into an alliance guild). There are one or two other people who run them every day.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yes, holy shit, don't do sailies on your own. That's insanity. Hitch a ride with someone and knock it out in under an hour. I've got a Valor and if I wanted to run em again I'd still hitch a ride. I'll see if I can find a guide when I'm not on my phone, but yeah, you grab all the quests besides OE (you get them when you stop there, and only adults) and knock em out.

I did most of mine with Bunny, but I'm in Masterbait now and Kamidus runs them as well as Jolly (who split off into an alliance guild). There are one or two other people who run them every day.
OE are the important ones though, right? For the carrack mats? The rest are just sailing XP and shit?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That sounds right. The ones from Ravikel and then the corals. If you've already got Breezy Sail, the rest don't really matter so much. The Tinberra one is good for easy crow coins, too.

Hit up the Sailing discord for the different people doing em.

Also not a bad idea to do Ravikel's barter quest and then the Serendian Soldier one if you can stomach all the sailing around. To be honest, the most important part is 3k barters, because even with sailies, the brilliant mats were the long pole for me. 5k is even better, but I kind of feel like you're wasting a lot of time grinding those out on a non-carrack. Grinding out the Combat Artifacts was probably the worst part besides those.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, and like I also said, if you need crow coins (at this point likely for blue caravel enhancing mats), Khan runs are a decent way to get some fast. I want to say I get about 800ish per Khan.

This Sunday is when we do our double Khan if you want in (every other Sunday, as it's two weeks worth at once). We do Vell, then head straight to OE for Khan, then max level guild bosses (Mudster, Ferrid, Puturum, usually good for ~300m silver, up to a few billion if you get lucky on drops), and a few hours later after Garmoth (and reset) the second Khan.

Side note, our guild is apparently who is training all the other guilds on how to run Khan raids. Which apparently has been going on for quite some time. Seems weird that other guilds are so disorganized as to needing outside help, but they all have our guild leader helping to run them. We're also the only one I know of that does double.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That sounds right. The ones from Ravikel and then the corals. If you've already got Breezy Sail, the rest don't really matter so much. The Tinberra one is good for easy crow coins, too.

Hit up the Sailing discord for the different people doing em.

Also not a bad idea to do Ravikel's barter quest and then the Serendian Soldier one if you can stomach all the sailing around. To be honest, the most important part is 3k barters, because even with sailies, the brilliant mats were the long pole for me. 5k is even better, but I kind of feel like you're wasting a lot of time grinding those out on a non-carrack. Grinding out the Combat Artifacts was probably the worst part besides those.
Yeah, I've basically been maxing all my T1 barters each day to stockpile them. So, it's around 150/day, depending on whether or not the market has the items needed for the barter or I have them via worker nodes. Some people said to also do all the 1x3 turnins as well, but I don't really have the patience for that in my shitty ass Caravel - not so much because it's slow, but because the LT sucks. So, I'm just stockpiling T1s for now.
Oh, and like I also said, if you need crow coins (at this point likely for blue caravel enhancing mats), Khan runs are a decent way to get some fast. I want to say I get about 800ish per Khan.

This Sunday is when we do our double Khan if you want in (every other Sunday, as it's two weeks worth at once). We do Vell, then head straight to OE for Khan, then max level guild bosses (Mudster, Ferrid, Puturum, usually good for ~300m silver, up to a few billion if you get lucky on drops), and a few hours later after Garmoth (and reset) the second Khan.

Side note, our guild is apparently who is training all the other guilds on how to run Khan raids. Which apparently has been going on for quite some time. Seems weird that other guilds are so disorganized as to needing outside help, but they all have our guild leader helping to run them. We're also the only one I know of that does double.
Yeah, I typically run Vell every Sunday so I would definitely be down. Anything special that I need to do/prep for it? What channel/server?

For the boss runs I'll need to swap to my Lahn, since my 'Zerker alt is my sailor.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My dream of grinding in the new zones has been destroyed. Will take quite awhile before hitting up Tungrad Ruins for sure, the aggro buddy of Witch might let me try out City of the Dead; both were released on GLabs this morning:

Global Lab Updates - 4th August 2023 - Black Desert Foundry

Edit: Interesting, you'll be able to exchange 3 Compass pieces (any type apparently) for 1 piece of the Telescope part. I imagine ppl that still have lots of vodkhan pieces laying around will get the Telescope fast.

Molten Core Raider
One of the best things in that foundry update is the ability to open mass piles of farmer and miner sacks.

Guessing we wont be seeing most of that soon?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of the best things in that foundry update is the ability to open mass piles of farmer and miner sacks.

Guessing we wont be seeing most of that soon?
Extrapolating from a quick search on last patch and when it was on global, seems like about a 2 weeks delay between global > NA/EU/SEA patch. Should go live in Korea next week and NA/EU/SEA the week after that, I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I've basically been maxing all my T1 barters each day to stockpile them. So, it's around 150/day, depending on whether or not the market has the items needed for the barter or I have them via worker nodes. Some people said to also do all the 1x3 turnins as well, but I don't really have the patience for that in my shitty ass Caravel - not so much because it's slow, but because the LT sucks. So, I'm just stockpiling T1s for now.

Yeah, I typically run Vell every Sunday so I would definitely be down. Anything special that I need to do/prep for it? What channel/server?

For the boss runs I'll need to swap to my Lahn, since my 'Zerker alt is my sailor.
Calpheon 2.

Just message Kamidus prior to Vell that you're looking to warhero for Khan.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
What do I do with these gifts of repayment that I can't take out of my inv? I see you enter a family name, so I clearly I GIFT it to someone, throw it at some random name, or anyone here actually have a use for it?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just throw them to random people. Ask a question in chat and if you get an honest answer send it to that person.

They were decent at launch, now the rings/necklace from them are pretty weak iirc.

I just has a necklace/ring of good deeds and some shitty medium pots.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Pretty impressed for most part, understand now why the world PVP isn't that big of a deal, and not something I have to deal with often, that's fine. Just been picking away and hit 50's last night, at that rate I imagine you could do 1 to 60+ in a single day when you used to the leveling path.

Thought I was going to end up having to fork out a little money for banking space, then discovered each major area has it's own seperate bank lol. Game indicates I can do a quest to link them all, so I'll have full access to all of them from any storage eventually, like the warehouse? I left my mount at the first stable, figuring I'd level my sta for running around, but didn't need to do that with these juices they hand out to give you xp for that. Guess I should go grab that and level mount xp too. Did I actually mess up taking the doom horse, reading I should have taken the pegasus for reasons I don't quite understand yet.

They did a good job of making it seem like a living world, see NPC's walking roads, wagon traffic ect never seem to get laggy even with a city full of NPC's and a thousand mounts standing around, and I'm running on remastered & max settings.

Playing Ranger for now, not sure if class just happens to be OP in pve, but once I hit the naru gear and upgraded everything just dies from a regular attack or 2, and bosses drop easy. Last actual challenge was that Phantom RIder.

Is mastering combos actually necessary for the PVE experience later on? I throw some basics together, but mashing the buttons on a keyboard like I'm 14 playing Mk2 on SNES isn't ever going to work out for me lol.

Still haven't spent a dime, regret I ignored this game so long.

Molten Core Raider
Once you get through the story once up to Mediah I think it is, you can choose the "Simplified path" on your next season character once you get to Velia, which allows you to skip all questing and just kill stuff for exp to progress the season pass. Pile up a few exp scrolls and can buy Simple Cron meals and some buffs, you can do 1-60 extremely fast.

The linked bank thing comes from completing the Magnus quest line (Magnus Questline Walkthrough Guide - Black Desert Foundry), which will take a few hours if you do it all at once, but it's extremely useful, so slog it out. You can also gain more bank space by investing Contribution Points into storage buildings at each major city. Whatever main city you choose to base yourself out of (most people tend to use Heidel since it's a fairly centralized location), buy some storage space with CP and you can open up a lot more space for no cash.

I cant comment on how good/bad the Ranger is, my ranger is a Timepieced alt parked at Karanda, I just push buttons til the angry chicken dies. I dont think theyre the worst pve grinding class, but I dont hear them mentioned too high up either.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Thought I was going to end up having to fork out a little money for banking space, then discovered each major area has it's own seperate bank lol. Game indicates I can do a quest to link them all, so I'll have full access to all of them from any storage eventually, like the warehouse? I left my mount at the first stable, figuring I'd level my sta for running around, but didn't need to do that with these juices they hand out to give you xp for that. Guess I should go grab that and level mount xp too. Did I actually mess up taking the doom horse, reading I should have taken the pegasus for reasons I don't quite understand yet.
Breath is something nobody really worries about. You'll naturally get some as you run around the world quests, mobs, etc. Plus the juices that they hand out.
They did a good job of making it seem like a living world, see NPC's walking roads, wagon traffic ect never seem to get laggy even with a city full of NPC's and a thousand mounts standing around, and I'm running on remastered & max settings.
Nobody has done better "world" building than BDO (maybe EQ, but it's so hard to judge that game since tech was so much different in '99 and "zoning" really loses you a lot). It's insane how much it feels like a living, breathing worth. No zoning is a huge reason why, random NPC ships, wagons, town folk etc. like you mentioned is another. Basically anything you can see, you can reach. Margoria feels like a real fucking ocean, is absolutely huge, and despite them adding "fast" travel with Magnus, the world still feels fucking massive.
Playing Ranger for now, not sure if class just happens to be OP in pve, but once I hit the naru gear and upgraded everything just dies from a regular attack or 2, and bosses drop easy. Last actual challenge was that Phantom RIder.

Is mastering combos actually necessary for the PVE experience later on? I throw some basics together, but mashing the buttons on a keyboard like I'm 14 playing Mk2 on SNES isn't ever going to work out for me lol.

Still haven't spent a dime, regret I ignored this game so long.
Combos are absolutely a thing that is necessary for PvE success. Can you still do PvE just mashing random shit? Yeah, of course you can. But you're going to cost yourself hundreds if not thousands of trash which will translate to thousands of lost hours spent grinding because you aren't really making shit money wise.

That said, Ranger is in a really good spot. Awakening Ranger is probably a top 7 or 8 PvE grinder, but she isn't easy on the hands. Definitely requires a lot of APM. Succession got some buffs recently and is in a much more solid spot, especially early game spots, but she's probably not quite at the level Awakening is. She's much easier to play than Awakening though.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Combos are absolutely a thing that is necessary for PvE success. Can you still do PvE just mashing random shit? Yeah, of course you can. But you're going to cost yourself hundreds if not thousands of trash which will translate to thousands of lost hours spent grinding because you aren't really making shit money wise.
Well shit.

I'll do some reading, might need to find one with simpler combos for me, if that's a thing.

Don't get electrocuted, think your fine, and then leave it for years chasing other medical issues, don't reccommend the experience.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'll do some reading, might need to find one with simpler combos for me, if that's a thing.
There are absolutely classes with a much "easier"/lower APM. It really just depends on what you're looking for.

You ARE going to still have to "combo" though, no matter what you play. Some classes just have a much simpler combo chain is all.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well shit.

Don't get electrocuted, think your fine, and then leave it for years chasing other medical issues, don't reccommend the experience.
Depends on which Ranger you want to play, and which content you want to grind in. I have alt Succ Ranger, just basic Narcillian gear, so her grind spots are rather limited and nowhere near where my main goes too. The Succ kit, played at a basic level is pretty straightforward and kinda funny, tbh. Prior to giving her the Mana pot, I would run around using Descending Current to annihilate everything around me, then use Blasting Gust(?) zip zip around blasting stuff. Then occasionally use a "turret" skill (stands inplace and machine guns mobs). Now with the Mana Pot, I mainly just use Descending Current, with some other hotbar'd skills to mix it up. Every spot below 240AP dies instantly.

Now, at higher ends spots, the Succ Ranger will go back to how she was pre-awakening/succession times. Combo machine. I noped the fuck out of that class when I realized all the stuff she is capable of doing... and that Ranger became my forever 49 lifeskiller, lol. Awakening Ranger is pretty combo heavy too if you want to get the most out of that kit. I haven't spent much time in Awakening since Succ does what I want it to do at far greater range and ease. Still, Awk Ranger is one of the best classes to me aesthetically.

Edit: If combos aren't really your thing, try out Awakening Wiz or Witch, the only combos they have are to apply debuffs/buffs, unless you want the much higher APM Succession versions.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
That's too bad, I'll keep playing Ranger to 61 and get a grasp on the game, but if it's that bad I'll just have to say farewell to Miss Cameltoe (why the game logs you in zoomed in on tits or crotch I'm not sure, but when the level of detail goes to cameltoes, I'm impressed, living world indeed lol)

Berzerker one of those harder or easier classes? I was going to go with that or a caster for next class, if zerker is a PITA I'll try wizard I suppose.

I'm sure I could get used to/adapt to combos, if it's not overly complex constantly, but that will take a little time to train muscle memory for me. I'd been focusing on the evasive ones for ranger, which were relatively simple, and made for fun combat, basically teleporting/backflipping around while wrecking everything. There were some abilities that I can't put on the hotbar, but had no issue using those.

2023-08-06_13919210.JPG

• 2Worf