Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I just start ignoring quests at like level 8 will I be OK? I just want to start running around and killing things without the obligation of some shitty quest giver.
Do whatever quests the Black Spirit gives you so you'll get gearm bag space and unlock enchanting.

tarb

Trakanon Raider
FYI there are NPC's you can rent items from and get 1 free Blackstone per day. You rent the item, right click it in your bag and then immediantely turn in the quest and you get your CP back when you turn the item back in.
- Velia leader costs 20 CP and rewards 1 armor Blackstone
- Heidal leader, costs 60 CP and rewards 1 weapon Blackstone
-Calpheon, not sure of location but costs 100 CP and rewards 1 armor and 1 weapon Blackstone.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
FYI there are NPC's you can rent items from and get 1 free Blackstone per day. You rent the item, right click it in your bag and then immediantely turn in the quest and you get your CP back when you turn the item back in.
- Velia leader costs 20 CP and rewards 1 armor Blackstone
- Heidal leader, costs 60 CP and rewards 1 weapon Blackstone
-Calpheon, not sure of location but costs 100 CP and rewards 1 armor and 1 weapon Blackstone.
Say what? Daaamnnn. I only have 76 cont and zero open, too bad.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did this today actually to check it out. No bronze dagger on the market though.
Just use steel, it doesn't matter if you don't go against deep reds or purple and if the rest of your gear has enough accuracy you can dispatch even purples. I don't know what they smoke at daum, but ranger mounted spammable combat move is ridicolously overpowered. The only thing you really need to do is a bunch of carrots, because your horse will drain its stamina quickly (not that quick, just a lot faster than normal).

Post 21 you can go on with EES if you are in confined spaces and if you want to actually loot shit (and you should), but going Legolas from horseback is always an option if you have to grind fast.
I mean, the witch is more fun and varied, plus it's visually speaking a thousand times better (meteor shower alone wins a prize, together with the black rage ultimate lightning storm).

I'm in a small guild with friends, so we just take it easy and I roll alts while I wait for them to catch up, that's why my ranger was born. I'm a sucker for ranged classes, so I'll keep playing this one on and off as well.
Sometimes I'd be tempted to buy an army of minipets and level all of them, but it's a headache to feed them regularly, because pet food is annoying to farm materials for and it requires Apprentice cooking at the very least, plus those little fuckers eat like lions.
I'll still suck it up and get a hawk.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Just use steel, it doesn't matter if you don't go against deep reds or purple and if the rest of your gear has enough accuracy you can dispatch even purples. I don't know what they smoke at daum, but ranger mounted spammable combat move is ridicolously overpowered. The only thing you really need to do is a bunch of carrots, because your horse will drain its stamina quickly (not that quick, just a lot faster than normal).

Post 21 you can go on with EES if you are in confined spaces and if you want to actually loot shit (and you should), but going Legolas from horseback is always an option if you have to grind fast.
I mean, the witch is more fun and varied, plus it's visually speaking a thousand times better (meteor shower alone wins a prize, together with the black rage ultimate lightning storm).

I'm in a small guild with friends, so we just take it easy and I roll alts while I wait for them to catch up, that's why my ranger was born. I'm a sucker for ranged classes, so I'll keep playing this one on and off as well.
Sometimes I'd be tempted to buy an army of minipets and level all of them, but it's a headache to feed them regularly, because pet food is annoying to farm materials for and it requires Apprentice cooking at the very least, plus those little fuckers eat like lions.
I'll still suck it up and get a hawk.
Just get a bunch of pets and loot while mounted.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Just get a bunch of pets and loot while mounted.
I'm so lazy I just buy stacks of pet food from the mount vendors in cities (towns dont have em). I'm probably wasting $$$ but I hate cooking in this game (tons of non-vendor mats needed, TAKES ENERGY to make 1 pet food)

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
I'm so lazy I just buy stacks of pet food from the mount vendors in cities (towns dont have em). I'm probably wasting $$$ but I hate cooking in this game (tons of non-vendor mats needed, TAKES ENERGY to make 1 pet food)
It's worth. Vendor petfood is like 1/8th of what the basic cooking petfood does. The hardest part to me is getting meat, but you can do that pretty fast. I have fish all the time, and I already grow potatoes for beer, so I use that for flour.

I see 3 new servers on the list today. Valencia?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Seems like they finally fixed the issue where characters in-game have different hair colors, etc than on character select/when you make them. My warrior looks like less of a douche now, hooray!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Glad they buffed wizard.

giphy.gif

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you changed channels a few times before it would fix that. I think that question was asked in channel chat at least once every 15 minutes since I've been playing the game. Was always funny when someone would randomly get pissed because they had re rolled their toon a few times thinking they hadn't saved their character appearance properly.

This game is so god damn fun. If you are on the fence and can't get a 7 day pass, just bite the $30 bullet, and enjoy. I wish they gave out more passes or that they refreshed every so often so I could get more of my RL friends hooked in.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've got 2 passes if someone wants to try still.

Does investing energy in a node increase things like fishing catch chance or is it purely mob drops?

*1 pass left

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Edit: I found a pretty good guide at Dulfy:http://dulfy.net/2016/03/01/black-de...s-basic-guide/

Can anybody point me to a good guide about how to start the whole node-connection thing? I watched a few vids and also check BDfoundry a lot but I still cant figure it out. I have bought a refinery in Olvia but I am not seeing any nodes that are connected to it when I go into node management mode. Every node I click, I get the "you need the previous node" or something. ( I do have 3 Contribution ponts ready to go). Should I have bought something else to see the white lines that connect with nodes?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those who don't know, there are two daily quests that reward a Blackstone (Armor) and a Blackstone (Weapon). The former you can get from the chief of Velia, renting his adventurer seal for 20 (or was it 40?) contribution points, the other from Jordine in Heidel, renting his item for 60 contribution points. There is one in the bigger city as well (Calpheon), but it costs 100 CP, I have way too many invested in my routes for now to take that too.
The CPs are refunded once you turn in the quest and give back the item, so you just need to have them available at the moment you speak with the npc. Aside from the fact those are worth 200k or so on the market for the armor ones and even higher for the weapon ones, it can speed up the gear boosting considerably if you are religious in doing them every day.
Afaik the dailies are account shared, so you cannot repeat them on alt characters, but I didn't test this, I found out that I like to play mostly my bitch witch and the alts for now are just glorified level 20 mules.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Edit: I found a pretty good guide at Dulfy:http://dulfy.net/2016/03/01/black-de...s-basic-guide/

Can anybody point me to a good guide about how to start the whole node-connection thing? I watched a few vids and also check BDfoundry a lot but I still cant figure it out. I have bought a refinery in Olvia but I am not seeing any nodes that are connected to it when I go into node management mode. Every node I click, I get the "you need the previous node" or something. ( I do have 3 Contribution ponts ready to go). Should I have bought something else to see the white lines that connect with nodes?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...17218890,d.cWw

Here's a map. Just pick the shortest route. Every major city (Veila, Heidel, Gliff, Calpheon) is a starting point.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone on Edan have Gifts of Recommendation that they want to trade? I have 3, 4, and 5.

IGN: Seyli