Black Desert

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My understanding is that new content is coming soon which makes it much much easier to level at 50+. So, all those countless hours that the sockers are putting in grinding 50+ is really just for epeen and cash. Game is apparently hugely gear-dependent; I can't see any valid reason why (if you're playing even remotely competitively) you'd play anything but a witch/ranger right now while building up a decent dragon horde. Re-evaluate later on once we have a better idea of PVP.
That new content is coming out in a few months or at Christmas time. In the meantime levels really matter if you want to do the whole gvg thing. Depends on what you get out of the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The one good thing about the chat system is that alt 1-5 control which channel you're speaking in. It's a bit of an adjustment from having to type /t a_skeleton_03, /guild, /party, /say, before your messages but once you adjust it's much better.

The bad part is that there's no /invite a_skeleton_03. You have to have them respond to you, click their name and invite, or run up to them and hit ctrl -> f1 as quickly as you can before they run away.

the chat issues are compounded by the fact that if you're grinding you need to be constantly moving or a mob will spawn and kill you very quickly.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The one good thing about the chat system is that alt 1-5 control which channel you're speaking in. It's a bit of an adjustment from having to type /t a_skeleton_03, /guild, /party, /say, before your messages but once you adjust it's much better.

The bad part is that there's no /invite a_skeleton_03. You have to have them respond to you, click their name and invite, or run up to them and hit ctrl -> f1 as quickly as you can before they run away.

the chat issues are compounded by the fact that if you're grinding you need to be constantly moving or a mob will spawn and kill you very quickly.
It popped up some special window to chat with you like AOL IM which I did like but that was only if I made you a friend.

Lethality

Lord Nagafen Raider
My understanding is that new content is coming soon which makes it much much easier to level at 50+. So, all those countless hours that the sockers are putting in grinding 50+ is really just for epeen and cash. Game is apparently hugely gear-dependent; I can't see any valid reason why (if you're playing even remotely competitively) you'd play anything but a witch/ranger right now while building up a decent dragon horde. Re-evaluate later on once we have a better idea of PVP.
Actually the game is less gear-dependent than pretty much anything out there.... there isn't a "best in slot" in the same way theme parks do it, and there are actually more valid customization options available.

Also, why play something other than a witch or a ranger? For fun.

And agree with @Valderen - I've been playing since head start and am level 23. Doing all of the economic and political stuff is *far* more interesting than the combat, and there are so many ways to progress. While it may not have a player-driven economy, it's a refreshing almost-sandbox. Anyone rushing to cap and ignoring the other stuff is really missing out, IMO... if not mechanically due to lack of energy, contribution and inventory space.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've linked from Valium to Caliphat and built a ferry (which is really just a rowboat). I swear I had to chop down 10 entire forests for that little boat.

rrr_img_128520.jpg

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone with any tips on how to make iron ingots ? I cant figure out how to achieve Heating:Beginner or the Pure water for experiment.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I think that might be the same set of quests I did to learn to make plywood. You get your gathering to Apprentice 4 (I think it says level 14 in the text in spots), and a quest opens with one of those cute little hobbit girls in a workshop in Heidi town.

She sends you to 3 other crafty types that teach you stuff in exchange for grinding rocks and fetching water and chopping some ash wood.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone with any tips on how to make iron ingots ? I cant figure out how to achieve Heating:Beginner or the Pure water for experiment.
You first need to make Melted Iron Shards (Hit the 'L' key to bring up your Production Window to make them) and then you will need to have a house in town converted into a Mineral Workbench and you can then assign a worker to it to make the ingots.

kaxfenix

N00b
Played EQ from Launch to POP then in to WoW. Now, I am having trouble getting gout of the WoW Quest Hub complete to next quest Hub Mind Set. I am playing a ranger and just ding'd level 12. I am enjoying this game but feel kind of lost. Any thoughts/suggestions or similar experiences to mine and how to over come this ?

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Played EQ from Launch to POP then in to WoW. Now, I am having trouble getting gout of the WoW Quest Hub complete to next quest Hub Mind Set. I am playing a ranger and just ding'd level 12. I am enjoying this game but feel kind of lost. Any thoughts/suggestions or similar experiences to mine and how to over come this ?
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Grinding is pretty fast way to level, and the quests don't seem to award shit for XP. There is a guide the black desert bible that lists out the best grinding spots. So I've been grinding a few levels 16-18. The thing I like about grinding in this game is that I get a chance to practice my combos and evasions, rather than just hitting tab and hotkey 1-5.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm looking for a casual guild, no forced voice chat or shit like that, is there one floating around or interest for one?

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Grinding is pretty much the only way to level in any decent amount of time. One person basically said do quests until you unlock enhancement on your dark spirit, then powerlvl. I'm not sure I totally agree with that, as you can get skill points and a slight amount of gear from the main quests, but yeah. Quests are really only important for contribution points so you do them when you feel like it. Get a bunch of accuracy and go grind red/purples following that guide.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I think being lost is the best part. I've been having fun just figuring stuff out. It's like that smarty person feeling you get when you use a spoon with a coil of wire and a stick of gum to get a robot working in an adventure game.

When I built that ferry I was actually supposed to build a raft. The UI was so confusing I didn't even realize I was building the wrong boat until I was almost done.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Questing helps energy (from meeting people, getting knowledge) and contribution (allowing more node investment for the loots). Generally speaking any place that has a grind spot will have a few associated quests.

Wife joined PRX for this but I'm staying on the sidelines. I have the grind spot guide from her and generally I'll do quests until they start getting a bit outside the grind area, then just grind until I hit the point where I need to move on. Rinse and repeat. It helps break things up a bit. I'm well past the point in my life where grinding things out for hours at a time is appealing, and not being in PRX means I can do things at my own pace.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
I'm lvl 39 and it's getting where the grind has kicked in a bit, there is no choice but to break it up every level or so before my hands declare war on me from mashing combos. I could use alot more contribution points for sure.

Hopefully there should still be opportunity to join PRX when I'm done with this horribleness.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Actually the game is less gear-dependent than pretty much anything out there.... there isn't a "best in slot" in the same way theme parks do it, and there are actually more valid customization options available.
I can't think of a tactful way to say this but: what's your credentials? Have you done any tests? Everything I've read indicates that well-geared people will absolutely shitpump the casuals with mediocre gear. I also haven't seen any valid customization options for Ranger that are actually meaningful. Get Liverto/Yuria, 2pc heve 2pc something else, jewelry no variance and gems is also solved.

What am I missing?

@Draegan, what GvG shit are you talking about? The war declarations that guilds do just for messing around? My understanding is that there isn't actually anything to fight over yet. Do you have a source on the release schedule for the 50+ zones? I'm also curious how much every level over 50 influences the results of a duel against a 50.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is BiS gear but it's not as hard to get geared as it is in AA. If you do the scroll dailies and generate regular revenue you can get geared relatively quickly and be competitive. GEtting to level 55 is more of a grind.