Black Desert

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Grinding is pretty fast way to level, and the quests don't seem to award shit for XP. There is a guide the black desert bible that lists out the best grinding spots. So I've been grinding a few levels 16-18. The thing I like about grinding in this game is that I get a chance to practice my combos and evasions, rather than just hitting tab and hotkey 1-5.
Quests don't award any level experience. They reward contribution experience which helps you unlock nodes.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Questing helps energy (from meeting people, getting knowledge) and contribution (allowing more node investment for the loots). Generally speaking any place that has a grind spot will have a few associated quests.

Wife joined PRX for this but I'm staying on the sidelines. I have the grind spot guide from her and generally I'll do quests until they start getting a bit outside the grind area, then just grind until I hit the point where I need to move on. Rinse and repeat. It helps break things up a bit. I'm well past the point in my life where grinding things out for hours at a time is appealing, and not being in PRX means I can do things at my own pace.
To clarify, meeting new people, fighting different mobs, gaining knowledge increase your energy CAP. Energy is regained over time.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I can't think of a tactful way to say this but: what's your credentials? Have you done any tests? Everything I've read indicates that well-geared people will absolutely shitpump the casuals with mediocre gear. I also haven't seen any valid customization options for Ranger that are actually meaningful. Get Liverto/Yuria, 2pc heve 2pc something else, jewelry no variance and gems is also solved.

What am I missing?

@Draegan, what GvG shit are you talking about? The war declarations that guilds do just for messing around? My understanding is that there isn't actually anything to fight over yet. Do you have a source on the release schedule for the 50+ zones? I'm also curious how much every level over 50 influences the results of a duel against a 50.
GvG turns on after a month. If you hover over a node, you'll see it says "No Guild Owns This" or something to that effect. Eventually guilds will be going to war to own nodes in which they gain fame and money/taxes.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
WTF is up with catfish experience? I just solo'd 46-48 in like 30 minutes before my camp got overrun. Thats the fastest xp I've seen since like lvl 25. Nothing else I've found is even remotely close.

xzi

Mouthbreather
How are guild-controlled nodes going to work? Are they going to be able to allow people to come to their nodes whenever they want or are they going to be able to just make it so you're flagged as soon as you're in their nodes or what?

Because I really love the idea of running supplies from guild node to guild node.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Not really an active poster, more of a lurker on here. Loved the site since the old FOH days.

Three more keys

88B5-098D-D9B5-472A-A72D
3490-5A2E-162C-44F9-BF37
6F94-C384-E141-464E-9E27

Enjoy

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
A fun little experiment you can do is the following:

- Save about 30k silver in a Warehouse for easy trading
- Buy a decent green bow, nothing expensive, if you can the Yura is the best, but even cheaper ones are alright. Bronze dagger as a complement (Bronze over Steel for hitting red cons).
- Buy a store horse for 15k silver
- The stable keeper in Velia after 4 conversations or 5 (100 amity), will sell you Stirrups. This allows you to shoot while riding your horse.

Get ready for machine gun fun: ride around, slow, fast, strafing, backpedaling, doesn't matter really, what matters is that your LMB becomes a machine gun, doom on a horse, you'll wipe entire camps in seconds without breaking a sweat, Diablo 3 multishot DH can't hold a candle to this mass murdering machine. I did 14-19 in about 9 minutes of goblin holocaust, I was slowed by respawn rate sometimes. I thought Witch was badass (and it is), but at least at low levels, mounted bow shooting is simply ridicolously overpowered.
As a downside you'll get zero loot, unless you have an army of levelled up, ultra fast minipets that swipe everything in your bags.

Keep a bunch of carrots to feed your horse, because it sucks a lot of stamina out of it. I suggest to grind another 100 amity from the velia stable keeper to get the saddle too, for extra stamina for your horse (also it looks way better with the saddle).

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just dinged 50. Now to figure out how to end game + figure out the best way to get my enchants up.

rrr_img_128542.jpg

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Quests don't award any level experience. They reward contribution experience which helps you unlock nodes.
I think I kind of knew this in the back of my head but didn't fully realized it. I was mainly using them to focus where I kill but from tonight on I just grind out 20-50.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I kind of knew this in the back of my head but didn't fully realized it. I was mainly using them to focus where I kill but from tonight on I just grind out 20-50.
As you level, you should do the Black Spirit quests, and honestly, you should do all the quests that involve killing the mobs you are currently grinding. Starting in Heidel (I think), there will be a group of 4 npc's hanging out in town(s)/camp(s); 1 giant, 1 dwarf, 1 otter, and 1 human. These guys will give out daily quests for killing mobs in their area...these quests give a lot of level xp. Also, quests in general will raise your Contribution / Energy, which allow you to unlock the Nodes around the area you are grinding in so you can get a higher chance at drops (Black Stones are especially important). The Black Spirit also has a series of quests which will reward you for reaching certain Contrib/Energy levels (60, 100, 140, etc)...these will give you about 3 million silver in total (or a bit more). You'll need millions of silver to level up your gear later on.

Speaking of gear, the Black Spirit will reward you tons of it, as you reach higher levels (30+, I think), you'll get an Ultimate Styd weapon box, this is a pretty good weapon, about equal to a +7, which is fine until you get a Yuria weapon (Ronatz in Calpheon, need 90k + 500 Amity with him) and upgrade it. The Spirit will also start handing the "Dobart" armor set, nothing fancy buy high defense, except each piece can be exchanged for one of the "named" armor pieces once you get it to +5. So you get a full set of Dobart armor to +5, then you get a quest from the Spirit to talk to Dobart in Calpheon to exchange for another set (Agerion, Taritas, Zeleth, Talis). And as you may have guessed, the Spirit will also give out a set of Accessories starting in the upper 40's, so you could get a set of Bares accessories for free (the +Attack Power accessories)...it will also give you 11 black armor stones from a series of quests that show you all the lvl50 hunting areas. This game as SO much to it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Do you guys chain nodes as you go? I'm about to move into the Heidel area from Velia and wondering if I should link my existing nodes down to there or "pick up and move" by closing my current nodes and making a new node network in the new area (and then do that every time I move to a major new area). Atm I just have nodes linked between Olvia and Velia.

Raign

Golden Squire
Do you guys chain nodes as you go? I'm about to move into the Heidel area from Velia and wondering if I should link my existing nodes down to there or "pick up and move" by closing my current nodes and making a new node network in the new area (and then do that every time I move to a major new area). Atm I just have nodes linked between Olvia and Velia.
Depends if you plan on trading. I keep a very long conduit of nodes and cities linked together because I do a lot of trading and you need your beginning location and end connected. If not, it is probably worth just ripping up roots unless you have a lot of leveled workers in Velia (Workers cant be moved)

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
A fun little experiment you can do is the following:

- Save about 30k silver in a Warehouse for easy trading
- Buy a decent green bow, nothing expensive, if you can the Yura is the best, but even cheaper ones are alright. Bronze dagger as a complement (Bronze over Steel for hitting red cons).
- Buy a store horse for 15k silver
- The stable keeper in Velia after 4 conversations or 5 (100 amity), will sell you Stirrups. This allows you to shoot while riding your horse.

Get ready for machine gun fun: ride around, slow, fast, strafing, backpedaling, doesn't matter really, what matters is that your LMB becomes a machine gun, doom on a horse, you'll wipe entire camps in seconds without breaking a sweat, Diablo 3 multishot DH can't hold a candle to this mass murdering machine. I did 14-19 in about 9 minutes of goblin holocaust, I was slowed by respawn rate sometimes. I thought Witch was badass (and it is), but at least at low levels, mounted bow shooting is simply ridicolously overpowered.
As a downside you'll get zero loot, unless you have an army of levelled up, ultra fast minipets that swipe everything in your bags.

Keep a bunch of carrots to feed your horse, because it sucks a lot of stamina out of it. I suggest to grind another 100 amity from the velia stable keeper to get the saddle too, for extra stamina for your horse (also it looks way better with the saddle).
I did this today actually to check it out. No bronze dagger on the market though.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just got a guest pass thing for this game and fired it up. Do the little sub-servers in server select mean anything, or are they just instances that collapse and spawn as player #s change?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
If I just start ignoring quests at like level 8 will I be OK? I just want to start running around and killing things without the obligation of some shitty quest giver.