Black Desert

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Being rural, one problem I'm seeing with all korean mmos is that they don't have any fault tolerance at all in connectivity. They don't even set keepalive on the tcp socket (for messaging and such). Korean internet is so good I guess they have no way to test for faulty connections.
Makes me so jealous.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Oh wasn't aware it was that bad, that's pretty terrible. I mean spawning mobs is something you'd pretty much never see in a western mmo, even other than wow(so less money to develop anti cheating stuff and what not). It's amazing you can somehow do that in a game.
Yeah, it's what happened on Aranzeb. Navarim defected from Wicked to Forestcrow right before live started because he thought that Forestcrow would have a better shot of being server dominant than Wicked. We're not exactly surewhenhe started hacking (it's possible that he teleported guildies to Freedich island at the beginning of the game to get houses there in record time, but we don't have proof of that), but the big tip-off is when he spawned hundreds of level 55 Korean-named NPCs in Marianople that just went apeshit and started annihilating people just a week or two after launch. This was back when the level cap was still 50, and the mobs respawned faster than they could die. People on low-end machines were basically locked at single-digit FPS while people on higher-end machines were just fighting back in vain. The whole time Navarim just sat in the courthouse which was a no-PvP zone and spawned more mobs if the script broke or something. Trion later claimed that this incident was due to "an item not working as intended," but that was complete bullshit because weknewabout the Russian hacking tool suite which included spawning any mobs you want, anywhere.

Later, they found out that due to the way boats interact with player models in the code, they could teleport an entire ship by teleporting someone standing on it... which would also teleport every other person on the ship. So once they had their spy in our ranks and their radar hooked up, they just started teleporting their entire ships onto us.

To this day Navarim isstillplaying the game (he's in Sugoi now) and hasn't gotten banned. Other members of Forestcrow were using clientside hacks (see-through water, arena and marketplace from anywhere, detailed time on auctions, regrade RNG hacks, speed hacks) but only one ever got banned for speed hacking because we had indeniable on-video proof from three different sources. Everyone else got away with it and is probably still getting away with it to this day.

Wait, players could spawn mobs? How the fuck do you somehow let players even remotely have that ability?
Because XLGames doesn't have to spend money on developing in-house cheat protection when they can just outsource it to a third party. This is an extremely popular practice in Korea and thank goodness that Japan/the West have enough self-respect to not do it as well.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, from that post the only thing you have on Navarim was that he was standing in a safe spot at a bad time.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
To be fair, from that post the only thing you have on Navarim was that he was standing in a safe spot at a bad time.
I didn't link any of the evidence, not that there is necessarily much to link. He was in our guild for the entirety of Alpha, he would often mention the Russian hacking tools, the rest of us knew about the tools from having played RU anyways, there was zero doubt in any of our minds that it was him. There were some 20-30 people that could attest to this.

Disrupt_sl

shitlord
The server would announce who got the land grab every time it happened, each time it would be the same hacker who was nowhere in sight. This was a big letdown early on, especially when we would have a group together to kill anyone who tried to get near it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The server would announce who got the land grab every time it happened, each time it would be the same hacker who was nowhere in sight. This was a big letdown early on, especially when we would have a group together to kill anyone who tried to get near it.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the land grab hackers. I got my five plots by the first hour of launch, so I didn't have to deal with that.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Then there was the guy that could reset servers at will.

That game broke my heart.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Then there was the guy that could reset servers at will.

That game broke my heart.
There was a way to do it without the hacking client, too. If you could get a ship (any ship worked, but clipper was the easiest) to hit the skybox, the entire server would crash. It happened by accident once when I was driving my Hurricane (a glitch that causes the merchant ship to stand up on its end, spin extremely fast, and travel at insane speed and send any other ship it collides with flying) to do a trade route from Dewstone to Sanddeep.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I am still playing Archeage and I think you can still hack/bot to your hearts content if you wish to do so. sometimes I think they just randomly ban people to look like they are doing something about it. There a shitton of overturned bans. Unfortunatly it is the only PvP game I enjoy, so I play it anyways.

It will be no different in Black Desert. All the boting and hacking will be rampant.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well alpha for this started today.

People are level 30(cap for beta) already, it seems it takes about 9 hours.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Streams suck. It's all shitting streamers learning how to play an MMORPG.
I'm not the best player around, but I'm pretty good. Whenever I watch streamers, I feel like I'm actually pretty awesome.

They are good for my self-esteem.
smile.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Some super annoying British woman streamer (her name is wolfie or something like that) was too inept to figure out how to use the launcher to get into the game, so me and a bunch of my AA/BD friends raided her stream to tell her that she had to switch the region on the launcher. It was sad.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game looks good, but i think this Sodapoppin guy is trying to play stupid to get folks to sub to yell at him/help him. Basic stuff like reading the damn screen.