Black Desert

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think a lot of the negativity stems from unless you are interested in the large pvp aspects, there is not much group oriented PVE things to do, if any. No dungeons, no raids etc. Just endless grinding for exp/money(which grinding in itself turns a lot of people off). The one big world boss I saw on youtube(big bird boss) that required a large group of people was just a big zerg where the boss never moved and did a BIG ae once during the entire 30 minute fight, oh and only one person got loot from it(based off in-game chat). Might even be the reason its not very big in korea, the audience for mostly pvp game is just not that big compared to traditional.

I do agree about the Karma system. I don't see it changing much. The main people that want it changed just want to kill anyone/anytime and that audience is much smaller then the rest. Hopefully the GvG stuff fills any gaps you need without the constant griefing/pking that a full fledged FFA system gives.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't need trinity dungeon diving. I don't have time to do that sort of thing and that kind of game is done pretty well by games like FFXIV and WOW.
I don't need some kind of solo gank PVP. It was always boring to me.

Those are two negatives I don't care about. I really like the small group random kind of pvp and the GvG node stuff seems like that can easily fit in there. Large scale GvG are sieges I think.

Otherwise seems like a cool world to play in with some interesting systems. Plus, as everyone says, the combat is probably the best on the market.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much how I feel.

Grabbed the 99 preorder package. Buy to play made it an easy choice.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So grinding, no end-game PVE, focus is on PVP? Is it FTP/P2W like a lot of Korean MMO's? Only problem I have with large scale mmorpg pvp is that it gets really old very fast =/

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its B2P. Which hopefully means no pushing people to cash shops, stupid VIP services that is pretty much required or p2w aspects.

Will have to see, though they did say the items that give you a better chance at enchanting wont be in the cash shop(like they are with other regions), so that's a good start. Though in reality you can't really stop people who want to spend $ to be the top, they will just find someway to convert their credit cards into in-game currency.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do have one worry about their "energy" system. Reminds me too much of AA's Labor system and the need to buy pots from cash shop to replenish the resource just so you could gather/craft.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I do have one worry about their "energy" system. Reminds me too much of AA's Labor system and the need to buy pots from cash shop to replenish the resource just so you could gather/craft.
There are no energy pots available in the NA cash shop. Nothing in the cash shop can be sold on the marketplace. Matter of fact, the NA cash shop is supposed to be void of any progression type items.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

You will regen energy over time or you can rest in a bed to get a buff that increases the regen. You will also get energy increases by doing quests. The devs mentioned that you may be able to take any excess energy you have on a character and bottle it up to sell or transfer between your characters.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So grinding, no end-game PVE, focus is on PVP? Is it FTP/P2W like a lot of Korean MMO's? Only problem I have with large scale mmorpg pvp is that it gets really old very fast =/
Won't be able to truly tell if it's P2W till it's been out a while. So far they seem very aware of how much the NA crowd hates that crap and are designing it accordingly.

As for getting old, that's true of pretty much every mmo PvE or PvP, at least for me. I buy early because of the new game smell and the tons of other people that are online at release. Play for a few months if I'm lucky and move on. At least with the B2P model I can come back at any time and pick it up again without pulling out the credit card. Guild Wars is also great for that.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So energy system is like ArchAge a bit? What's the point of having that at all if there isn't a P2W to get more? Seems like that was the entire reason a system like that exists: drive microtransactions. Without those, what's the point of limiting the activities/time a player can play?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So energy system is like ArchAge a bit? What's the point of having that at all if there isn't a P2W to get more? Seems like that was the entire reason a system like that exists: drive microtransactions. Without those, what's the point of limiting the activities/time a player can play?
I would assume to keep people from maxing crafting skills too fast?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Source

"Unlike the KR version, processing requires energy. Especially at a lower level this may slow you down more than you might enjoy. However, this feature is part of a controlling mechanism to prevent the marketplace to be overflowed with certain items, hence destroying the actual benefit from using that feature in the first place and to partially slow down the progress in benefit of the game's longevity.

However, we have taken your feedback into consideration and the result should be in everyone's interest. Energy Potions will not be sold in the Cash Shop. In addition, it is currently being discussed to add a system that allows players to consult an NPC that will magically transfer your unused energy into an Energy Potion which can be sold on the marketplace. Ultimately this will lead to a shift of energy and allow people to collect energy over time to utilize it when needed.

Additionally, processing at a higher profession level will receive a chance of not consuming any energy at random."

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hrm so crafting roadblocks more so than other systems in the game. Registered for CB1, seems like an interesting game to check out despite the rang-rang.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
ArcheAge was subscription based in KR with the labor system for a while. The reason was to control the economy at a rate that would artificially extend the crafting grind... or get people to buy more accounts.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Black Desert Online Releases March 3, Second Closed Beta Registration Begins
01 February 2016 21:30
Dear players,

We are finally able to announce the all important date. Black Desert Online will launch on the 3rd of March. We want to thank you for all of your feedback and support over the last couple of months.

Pre-orders and second closed beta
You have until February 26th, 08:00 UTC to place your pre-order, if you want to benefit from the early access and special item packages.

In addition, today marks the start of the second Closed Beta sign-up. Players can register here for a chance to participate in the second and final Closed Beta Test, set to begin February 18th. Those who pre-ordered the Explorer's or Conqueror's package need not register and will be automatically granted access.

To keep you occupied in the meanwhile, don't forget the free Character Creator. Available as a free download, the tool allows you to import your characters into both the full Black Desert Online game and the second Closed Beta Test. Download the Character Creator here

You still have a few days to participate in the Beauty and The Beast contest. We are accepting entries for The Beast phase of the contest on the event page, where the most dreadful characters made using the Character Creator can earn you Beta keys, t-shirts, limited edition statues, and more.

See you in-game!

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Looking at the Conqueror's Pack. Haven't thrown any money at an MMOs lately, just 100 at The Division so guess I'll spring for this one. Looks like the benefits are worth it vs Standard here especially with the mount since I heard it's a lot of travel; they even throw in some cash shop dough.

The world looks far more engaging than BnS, which looked pretty but felt like cardboard. The crafting beats it hands down, which I'm into so there's that.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Black Desert Online Releases March 3, Second Closed Beta Registration Begins
01 February 2016 21:30
Dear players,

We are finally able to announce the all important date. Black Desert Online will launch on the 3rd of March. We want to thank you for all of your feedback and support over the last couple of months.

Pre-orders and second closed beta
You have until February 26th, 08:00 UTC to place your pre-order, if you want to benefit from the early access and special item packages.

In addition, today marks the start of the second Closed Beta sign-up. Players can register here for a chance to participate in the second and final Closed Beta Test, set to begin February 18th. Those who pre-ordered the Explorer's or Conqueror's package need not register and will be automatically granted access.

To keep you occupied in the meanwhile, don't forget the free Character Creator. Available as a free download, the tool allows you to import your characters into both the full Black Desert Online game and the second Closed Beta Test. Download the Character Creator here

You still have a few days to participate in the Beauty and The Beast contest. We are accepting entries for The Beast phase of the contest on the event page, where the most dreadful characters made using the Character Creator can earn you Beta keys, t-shirts, limited edition statues, and more.

See you in-game!
Crazy, given they still seem up the air about some systems and even what server setup they are going to use.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Crazy, given they still seem up the air about some systems and even what server setup they are going to use.
Pretty sure they have it all down and probably has been down for months now. Ambiguity makes for better Hopium and that makes better PR.

If I had to guess all the "changes" were probably set in stone sometime in early January when they sent their request over to Korea.